Victor Osimhen

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
There's absolutely no chance we'll be buying a forward at these kind of prices.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
This guy look like he never has full control of the ball, and he has scored 12 goals this season and har the worst shot accuracy of the 22 top goal scorers in serie A. Average, next.
Not sure what you mean?

If you mean the top 22 goalscorers in Serie A this season, he doesn't. For example Pinamonti has the same amount of goals with a worse SOT%, while quite a few have a worse goals to shot ratio.

Also, that 28.6 SOT% is lower than previous seasons (40.6 & 39.0), so it's not like it's a consistent feature of his game.

And it doesn't particularly matter anyway. His positive expected stats and returns from them are far more informative. Even more so when you consider that the low SOT% may partially be a function of him taking so many shots (second highest in Serie A in terms of Shots/90).

didz

I prefer him to Darwin but...

There's absolutely no chance we'll be buying a forward at these kind of prices.
I think this is bang on. We're talking about a summer in which we'll be hopefully working on something like 8+ additions, just to replace expiring contracts and fill in the most obvious gaps in the side, while trying to drastically overhaul our playstyle.

Just find the list of players Napoli have clearly already earmarked to replace Osimhen, or better yet Dortmund's Haaland-replacement list, and those are the lists we should be working off.

If I'm making that sounds easier than it is - I am, 100%. But with so much to do, we really have to be working both harder and smarter to properly rebuild.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
That Scamacca guy actually seems like a really good outside bet doesn't he?
Would be interested to hear from people who've watched him regularly as I've heard good things about him and it sounds like he'll be on the move.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Would be interested to hear from people who've watched him regularly as I've heard good things about him and it sounds like he'll be on the move.
Statistically he seems to be perfect.

Accurate shooter, high presser, big physical unit that can handle himself. Why have I not heard of him much before?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Purely going by the numbers , he has scored only 12 goals right? How exactly is he a fit ?

Adam-Utd

Purely going by the numbers , he has scored only 12 goals right? How exactly is he a fit ?
Strikers need more than goals these days. he is only playing for a mid table club also, so 12 isn't exactly bad.

He's obviously an outside bet, but he's very high in forward pressures and on the shooting accuracy post above he is right up there with the best.

Could be a good cheaper alternative to the likes of Osimhen and Nunez.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Strikers need more than goals these days. he is only playing for a mid table club also, so 12 isn't exactly bad.

He's obviously an outside bet, but he's very high in forward pressures and on the shooting accuracy post above he is right up there with the best.

Could be a good cheaper alternative to the likes of Osimhen and Nunez.
While I agree with the post, he isn't coming cheap. He cost them 60m + . I do know it was a shady deal with some fringe players going other way for huge money but they aren't selling him cheap. Definitely not to us.

Adam-Utd

While I agree with the post, he isn't coming cheap. He cost them 60m + . I do know it was a shady deal with some fringe players going other way for huge money but they aren't selling him cheap. Definitely not to us.
I was talking about Scamacca rather than Osimhen. Yes Osimhen won't be cheap.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Statistically he seems to be perfect.

Accurate shooter, high presser, big physical unit that can handle himself. Why have I not heard of him much before?
Because he's not really all that. Very young and a nice combination of size/strenght and on ball quality, so the upside there is interesting. Unlikely to leave Italy though, as he's wanted by our big clubs

Adam-Utd

Because he's not really all that. Very young and a nice combination of size/strenght and on ball quality, so the upside there is interesting. Unlikely to leave Italy though, as he's wanted by our big clubs
can’t say ive ever watched him live but stats don’t lie. Maybe he’d do even better at a bigger club? we have to start somewhere.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
can’t say ive ever watched him live but stats don’t lie. Maybe he’d do even better at a bigger club? we have to start somewhere.
Stats actually do lie

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Stats actually do lie
Eh, in this case they kinda don't. He's an interesting prospect. But he's not more than that and i'm not all that sold he's actually big club material

Going to inter anyways

Cassidy

Eh, in this case they kinda don't. He's an interesting prospect. But he's not more than that and i'm not all that sold he's actually big club material

Going to inter anyways
Only kinda don’t?
Anyway my point was thats stats do lie, especially when taken without context and a full picture

didz

Only kinda don’t?
Anyway my point was thats stats do lie, especially when taken without context and a full picture
If I paint a grey horse white and sell it to you, is the horse a liar or am I?

Yours is an example of people using stats improperly. Seems odd to paint inanimate objects as liars - so I would think at least.

Cassidy

If I paint a grey horse white and sell it to you, is the horse a liar or am I?

Yours is an example of people using stats improperly. Seems odd to paint inanimate objects as liars - so I would think at least.
The post which I replied to originally should give you the answer

didz

The post which I replied to originally should give you the answer
It's the notion that "stats do lie" to which I'm disagreeing. If you're happy to hold that position, I don't think I have any need to look for answers in your posts.

Cassidy

It's the notion that "stats do lie" to which I'm disagreeing. If you're happy to hold that position, I don't think I have any need to look for answers in your posts.
another one refusing to see context

flappyjay

Nigerian posters are saying not to sign Osimhen and Uruguayan posters are saying not to sign Darwin… mad market with the prices. Could easily be Lukaku and Moratta all over again.
It looks like getting the best of a bad bunch. I would rather we wait.

flappyjay

8+ additions, just to replace expiring contracts and fill in the most obvious gaps in the side
Our squad was already bloated I think we can make huge strides with 4 or 5 quality players than 8. A dm, cm, rw, lb and cb.

NRg

This is the ST I would like us to sign this year, I think he can thrive in the PL. Too bad Laurentiis is, well Laurentiis. He did the same with Koulibaly years ago.