Victor Osimhen

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Osimhen wouldn’t come under 140-150 million.

Napoli are not an easy team to negotiate and there’s no leeway in his contract.

Bondi77

Well Kane has had one 30 league goal season in his career and Spurs were looking for £120m for him nearly two seasons ago when he was 28. Given the price inflation since via players like Nunez, Antony, Mudryk, etc, a 24 year old Kane would probably have around a £150m price tag on him in the current market.

So to answer your question, somewhere between £100-150m most likely, as nationality plays a part in Kane's price within England. Though if anything I may be underestimating.
Fair enough.
I suppose when we look at Grealish and Enzo and the money that was involved there then I don't know where it will go.

tidraKS

Still not convinced about him. He scored 2 goals (1 of them was ruled for offside), and in both cases he touched the ball with 2 legs, and could blow both of them. He seems to be fast, agile and powerful, but not sure about his technique.

ti vu

This is my fear too. Liverpool at their peak relied on their wingers for much of their goal threat. When you put in a striker who wants to be doing a lot of the same things as your wingers you nullify their effectiveness. We can already see to some extent that issue with Wout and how he is more effective playing deeper a lot of the time. I know Wout is not an elite striker but I fear that unless we got someone like Kane who is also a very very good playmaker and used to working with an elite winger who scores goals it could be detrimental for Rashford.
I prefer Kane myself, too, but I don't agree with Liverpool example. Remember that Klopp didn't buy Salah himself, it was pushed on him. At Dortmund, Klopp forward line is different. Now Mane left, and Klopp has to try to reinvent Liverpool forward line. He can't always get the same profile of player at the same quality to replace Mane or Lewandolski at Dortmund.

Wout should not be used in anything type of discussion as a base for our search of future CF because as a CF WW is out of depth at our level. He's being shoehorned so he can at least use his best attribute. Rashford would score regardless whether WW is on the pitch or not. In the summer, we were looking to purchase a forward with different profile like Arnautovic, Cunha, Morata... in meanwhile Weghorst was on loan to Turkey for first half of the season. WW only came here because Ronaldo left, where the option on the market was too limited for us to be picky.

I don't know where some people have this idea that Osimhen playing CF the same way as Rashford. Osimhen is likened to Drogba because he's handful, assertive. He challenges defenders face to face, body to body. He occupies, screening the defenders with his back to goal, fighting for percentage ball. He can run in behind, run channel because he has pace, and it's part of CF responsibility, but it's not his main focus like Rashford's specialty in off ball movement. Run the channel, run behind is not a hinderance for another player, if the run is well coordinated, where one runner is the decoy for another runner to find favored space. Mourinho always wanted Eto'o at Chelsea to pair with Drogba. Later on he got Eto'o at in Inter and played Eto'o wide, but without a Drogba type of CF. At the same time Chelse's bought Anelka, and Ancelotti used Anelka in similar wide forward tactical profile where Chelsea had the most free goal scoring PL season with quite a few tennis scoreline.

Kane is more tactical flexible because he can play like a play making midfielder, which is useful to switch for more control in midfield at willl

Last edited:

zaafi

You're not mistaken. You also haven't watched him. We'll be queuing up for his signature very soon. Why not sign him for peanuts now before you break the bank for him. He's been playing well.

Like I said, Oshimen is an excellent player. He will be a warrior for any team he plays in. If Eth wants to play a possession based style of football and not a counter attacking style, he might need another type of striker who is more of a team player, with good link up play. Oshimen loses the ball frequently and doesn't pass.

Having Rashford and Oshimen in the same side will be an excellent counter attacking side.

If martial was playing at his best and free from injuries I'd choose him over Oshimen.

Well if I see on the news that utd has signed Oshimen tomorrow, I'd be dancing because he'll improve the team.
You're right, I haven't watched him. I don't necessarily disagree with you, it's just that I don't think we should rely on a 20 year old to be a consistent goal scorer in the Premier League when we're trying to win the league. Osimhen, Kane or Toney with Hlozek in addition could be an idea.

Big_Bro

You're right, I haven't watched him. I don't necessarily disagree with you, it's just that I don't think we should rely on a 20 year old to be a consistent goal scorer in the Premier League when we're trying to win the league. Osimhen, Kane or Toney with Hlozek in addition could be an idea.
Folarin Balogun top scorer french league Age 21
Eddie Nketia should be 22
Banned utd striker 21
Ansu fati 20

If we have gotten to this position in the league without any striker per se and the finals of other competitions. I see no reason why a 20 year old cannot be relied upon or used as a sub, with adequate back up.

footballbite

This is my fear too. Liverpool at their peak relied on their wingers for much of their goal threat. When you put in a striker who wants to be doing a lot of the same things as your wingers you nullify their effectiveness. We can already see to some extent that issue with Wout and how he is more effective playing deeper a lot of the time. I know Wout is not an elite striker but I fear that unless we got someone like Kane who is also a very very good playmaker and used to working with an elite winger who scores goals it could be detrimental for Rashford.
There are some reasonable points here - when you look at Man City having signed Haaland, and Liverpool having signed Nunez, although both of them are in theory upgrades for them as goalscoring CFs, their overall effectiveness and goalscoring capacity as teams has not really improved by bringing them in. In some ways they get in the way of other forwards around them and are too selfish in demanding attacks culminate with them.

Osimhen seems fairly similar stylistically to them in being primarily focused on being a finisher, and that can bring its own issues in getting the most out of the other attacking players around him such as Rashford.

You also saw at Utd how having Ronaldo as a targetman (even while he was scoring in his first season back) also reduced the overall effectiveness of the team and some of those around him, especially Fernandes.

Because of this, as others have also suggested, a forward like Kane with more creativity could be a better fit for the side.

Shame there also isn't another version of Martial coming through somewhere as well (and that's not David, he simply doesn't seem good enough).

Bojan Djordjic

Vlahovic is currently far away from the level we should aspire to be and it's not even close between him and Osimhen. Surprised every time I see his name mentioned, and I don't think anyone that watches Juventus matches wants him to be our main striker.
100% agree. Don't think Vlahovic is a patch on Osimhen to be honest. Osimhen obviously has very strong goalscoring statistics but nearly as impressive are the intangibles - he's just a real fighter and gives his opposition defenders fits.

Bojan Djordjic

Yeap. 100%. Enough drama for a couple of seasons. We just don't hear any from top clubs. They just focus.
Ah come on, who are the top clubs? Real Madrid? Benzema was caught doing something far more serious and really not sure how his reputation does not seem to have diminished by what he did at all but he should have gone to jail for it. There are also some horrifying allegations about Ferlan Mendy put around by a French journalist a while ago that are equally as bad as anything at United. Barca have had Messi cheating taxes etc and City, Chelsea and PSG are drama personified in that they are or recently were vehicles to launder the reputations of repressive regimes. Also Benjamin Mendy, John Terry etc etc.

Bojan Djordjic

Other than very technical, the attributes you listed are some of Osimhen's strengths. And if not him, then who?
Think if the focus in on technical and link up play, Gouiri might be an option but as good as he is, I don't think he's in the elite bracket the way Osimhen is and not nearly as prolific.

croadyman

Ivan Toney is a very capable player and a great target man. When will any betting ban start?
Yeah no one seems to know what is happening with his situation. Didn’t he have to reply to charges by Jan 6 but heard nothing since that

FriedClams

Osimhen has a good chance to be a serie A/champions league double winner this season. Napoli are arguably the best team in europe just now. He may choose to stay, that whole team is adored like gods at the moment in Naples.

zaafi

They asked 200 million for Koulibaly and Osimhen is twice the player.

I think they will go for what they bought for x 2.
Koulibaly at the time was one of the best defenders in the world with dominant performances week in week out. Osimhen also only has 2 years left on his contract so €130m is not exactly unlikely. I imagine they'd be more willing to let him go when they win Serie A, an achievement they haven't accomplished since 1986-87 season.

eselfor

With Osimhen and Rashford upfront, it will be so risky for the likes of City, Arsenal, Liverpool to play a high line against us. This, in turn, should give us a bit more foothold in in the top games. Add a press-resistant CM like FDJ and we could compete for CL and PL next season.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Another goal. A tap in after a shot from Kvaradona. He should have added a second a few mins later

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
With Osimhen and Rashford upfront, it will be so risky for the likes of City, Arsenal, Liverpool to play a high line against us. This, in turn, should give us a bit more foothold in in the top games. Add a press-resistant CM like FDJ and we could compete for CL and PL next season.
Right there is at least 200+ million. No need for reinforcement elsewhere?

eselfor

The two key positions to reinforce are CF and CM. I’m happy with Dalot and AWB’s development this season. I expect even more improvement next year. We should get decent money for Maguire and replace him with a cheaper option. No need to replace DDG next season.

Erik the Red

As other posters have mentioned, these are the two key positions we need to upgrade, and ideally with the top two targets, whether they be FDJ and Osimhen (my preference) or Bellingham and Kane. Other positions that need squad depth can be filled with free transfers; e.g. Ndicka, Tielemans and Thuram would all be useful additions. It may mean we need to hold on to one or two players for an extra year (e.g. AWB), or sell to buy (not necessarily a bad thing either).

sglowrider

The two key positions to reinforce are CF and CM. I’m happy with Dalot and AWB’s development this season. I expect even more improvement next year. We should get decent money for Maguire and replace him with a cheaper option. No need to replace DDG next season.
I think we need 2 strikers. Martial just can't be relied on. Need to develop one of the academy kids -- Hannibal.

sglowrider

Yes. Unless Rashford is converted into striker, we definitely need two strikers.
We still need him on the wings to transition fast for another season or two. Ganarcho isn't ready to do the job full-time because of his tactical/defensive lapses. Great as an impact player for now.

Also, does Rashford have the skillsets to play the sort of striker that ETH traditionally likes?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Osimhen wouldn’t come under 140-150 million.

Napoli are not an easy team to negotiate and there’s no leeway in his contract.
I would definitely spend this amount of money on Osimhen, when considering these days 85m would only get you donkey like Nunez.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
We still need him on the wings to transition fast for another season or two. Ganarcho isn't ready to do the job full-time because of his tactical/defensive lapses. Great as an impact player for now.

Also, does Rashford have the skillsets to play the sort of striker that ETH traditionally likes?
Probably not. But that's how Rashford mainly got his goals, by being a striker.

Strelok

Imo yes but tbh I don't really want him to. The PL is very physical and playing as a #9 doesn't only requires strength but also being quite robust to deal with the amount of dirty tricks, challenges, tackles and wrestling from the CBs. If you're not robust enough it's very easy to get yourself injured. And imo Rashford is not very robust.

Plus imo with his terrifying pace and dribbling he'd be much better on the wing with the occasional switch to the middle.

croadyman

Would give us strong first XI

Erik the Red

I think we need 2 strikers. Martial just can't be relied on. Need to develop one of the academy kids -- Hannibal.
Hannibal is not ready to be relied upon as number two striker. He's like Mainoo, we can try giving him five minutes when we are 3-0 up.

I wouldn't want to spend money on a second striker, so maybe Osimhen as first choice with Martial and Thuram as back up? I'm not that worried, as Osimhen will play most games, so Martial is less likely to get injured if he is just back-up. We also have Rashford and Greenwood who could both play as a striker if need be, and we have plenty of depth in the wings.