g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Victor Osimhen

Dominos

Another planted bullshit Glazer story. Not happening
Let's talk in 7 days and see if he signed. Or Antony.

How is De Jong doing in red shirt? Tearing up the place, yet?

Glazer propaganda machine (which they are not even denying) is alive and well, thanks to GullibleCaf Inc
The weird thing is you think United being linked to expensive players, and then not buying them, is meant to make the Glazers look good? You think United scrambling about at the end of the window, then publicly missing out on big signings somehow appeases the fans? It makes no sense. Publicly failing on signings just creates more discontent among the fans.

This is most likely bullshit from Mendes and notoriously unreliable Italian media.

Only way this could happen is if Antony deal doesn't happen and we decide to panic spend that money on Ronaldo's replacement instead.

MrSingh2002

What do you think Utd would value him at, something along lines of €85m plus addons
What do you think Utd would value him at, something along lines of €85m plus addons
Unfortunately Napoli signed him for over £60m so he defo won't be cheap.

He scored one goal every 2 games for Lille and Napoli and gets assists too. Better than 1 in 2 games for Nigeria.

Knowing the Glazers it's probably a fake news story to distract from the failed Antony bid but if there is any truth to it I wouldn't be too bothered about the money.

He's very strong in the air and good in the box. We've needed the type of striker that wants to score all types of goals and also tap ins. He's a good example of that but also has real pace and power. Can't go wrong with him really.

Dominos

Knowing the Glazers it's probably a fake news story to distract from the failed Antony bid but if there is any truth to it I wouldn't be too bothered about the money.
What is this nonsense?

You think Joel Glazer is ringing up Di Marzio telling him report that Napoli are willing to sell Osimhen and that would somehow appease the United fans most of whom will never even be aware of some obscure story in the Italian media. And then at the end of it, we don't sign him. Because that's really going to make the fans content with their ownership.

ReallyUSA

What is this nonsense?

You think Joel Glazer is ringing up Di Marzio telling him report that Napoli are willing to sell Osimhen and that would somehow appease the United fans most of whom will never even be aware of some obscure story in the Italian media. And then at the end of it, we don't sign him. Because that's really going to make the fans content with their ownership.
i think some of the Glazer out people are connecting everything to them to push the (correct) agenda. However, it gets to be much.

MrSingh2002

What is this nonsense?

Do why have they been doing it for years?

TheReligion

Abusive
What is this nonsense?

:lol:

RC89

Let's talk in 7 days and see if he signed. Or Antony.

How is De Jong doing in red shirt? Tearing up the place, yet?

Glazer propaganda machine (which they are not even denying) is alive and well, thanks to GullibleCaf Inc
Or agents are trying to push stories. Hundreds of players linked to dozens of clubs without the transfers ever being negotiated, are the Glazers planting those too? I don't think anyone in here is pro-Glazer but at least think through the post first.

How would the Glazers linking us to a player they have no interest in signing make them look better? If anything it makes them look worse :houllier:

kaku06

Vulgarian
Osimhen 100m. :lol:
Anyways, here is my scouting report on him after watching him in serie A regularly since he moved to Napoli.

Strengths
Aggressive
Pacey
Gritty
Physical
Hard worker
Team player
Very good aerially
Very good hold up play
Can play as a lone striker
Bring others into play

Weaknesses
Inconsistent
Finishing not top level
Technically not great
Can go spells without scoring
Aesthetically worse than lukaku
A bit injury prone (Not so muscles related)
Not capable of spectacular on his own

My assessment - Decent but that’s it. Not a prolific scorer but adds something to your team. Creates chaos. Can bully mid to lower table clubs. Would take you to top 4 but not good enough for a team challenging for titles. Whenever I watch him I see him as a poor man’s Drogba.

Price - £ 50m in today’s market I would go for. Not your 20-25 goals / season striker but more like around 15 goals.

hobbers

One of the most overrated strikers out there. Even moreso than Nunez.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
The weird thing is you think United being linked to expensive players, and then not buying them, is meant to make the Glazers look good? You think United scrambling about at the end of the window, then publicly missing out on big signings somehow appeases the fans? It makes no sense. Publicly failing on signings just creates more discontent among the fans.

This is most likely bullshit from Mendes and notoriously unreliable Italian media.

Only way this could happen is if Antony deal doesn't happen and we decide to panic spend that money on Ronaldo's replacement instead.
It is meant to distract. It's the oldest trick in mass-manipulation, change the news cycle so them being horrible is not top news.

Consider the alternative of no news and it's obvious why they want all this baseless hype.

Fans demand rebuild. That means - buying good players. If they do nothing – protests continue, talks of Ratcliffe buying them out intensifies. All the things they don't want. So they plant stories about how they are making bids for great players, fans go "what if they really do, wouldn't that be awesome", then the transfer window closes, Glazers shrug their shoulders saying "well, we tried..." and everybody moves on. Crisis averted.

They have done it so many times, for so many years, that it is laughable people still fall for this bullshit, but here we are...

Like literally there are hundreds of pages long posts here people enthusiastically discussing the topic of us buying Osimhen (no chance happening), Antony (extremely unlikely), De Jong (utter bullshit) and you tell me that me saying it's just distraction is "weird"? Come on, mate!

Of course I have no proof that it is Glazers, of course some of it can be agents, but I know who benefits from it, I know United absolutely employees people who plant stories, so - is some of these also Glazers? Feck yeah.

hobbers

OK so who is the best striker option available
There are so few options out there with that sort of profile.

But if we're just comparing them to Osimhen they all come out favourably. Paying anything above £40m for Osimhen would be batshit, liquidised levels of crazy. Guaranteed to become our worst ever transfer. Every other (fairly rubbish) option is a better option than him and they would all cost (much) less than him.

From Serie A - Tammy Abraham would be a better buy. Better footballer. Scored more goals than Osimhen last season. Would count as home grown, which we need if we ever want to get the likes of Maguire and Shaw out of the squad. Also not gonna disappear for 2 months every other year for AFCON.

Bundesliga - Kalajdzic is fairly rubbish but would be a better buy. Schick would probably be hugely expensive but he's a far more classy forward and a much safer buy.

Ligue 1 - Moussa Dembele or Jonathan David - both far from ideal but still much better buys.

La Liga - Depay on the cheap. Danjuma would be a better buy.

Prem - Ivan Toney and Mitrovic.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I fear that you have it all backwards. United love interest but its for different reasons then its being written in here. Interest can easily be quantified into data (clicks, twitter trends etc) Such information can be delivered to sponsors as proof as of why its worth investing in Manchester United. Go and check the FDJ and see how many posts there are. Transfer news generate interest.

croadyman

But if we're just comparing them to Osimhen they all come out favourably. Paying anything above £40m for Osimhen would be batshit, liquidised levels of crazy. Guaranteed to become our worst ever transfer. Every other (fairly rubbish) option is a better option than him and they would all cost (much) less than him.

From Serie A - Tammy Abraham would be a better buy. Better footballer. Scored more goals than Osimhen last season. Would count as home grown, which we need if we ever want to get the likes of Maguire and Shaw out of the squad list. Also not gonna disappear for 2 months every other year for AFCON.

Bundesliga - Kalajdzic is fairly rubbish but would be a better buy. Schick would probably be hugely expensive but he's a far more classy forward and a much safer buy.

Ligue 1 - Moussa Dembele or Jonathan David - both far from ideal but still much better buys.

Would take big money to shift either of the bottom two on current form, however Dembele could be shrewd deal. I like Schick but hasn’t he just extended deal.

croadyman

I fear that you have it all backwards. United love interest but its for different reasons then its being written in here. Interest can easily be quantified into data (clicks, twitter trends etc) Such information can be delivered to sponsors as proof as of why its worth investing in Manchester United. Go and check the FDJ and see how many posts there are. Transfer news generate interest.
Honestly believe Erik wanted FDJ

devilish

From Serie A - Tammy Abraham would be a better buy. Better footballer. Scored more goals than Osimhen last season. Would count as home grown, which we need if we ever want to get the likes of Maguire and Shaw out of the squad. Also not gonna disappear for 2 months every other year for AFCON.

Napoli bought him for 70m euros. They won't sell him for a loss.

Scholsey2004

Not really a player that excites me at all. I'm not seeing it, certainly not for the kind of money being quoted. Seems technically mediocre.

devilish

Honestly believe Erik wanted FDJ
That's not the point. The point is that such interest can be quantified through clicks etc. The more interest there is for the brand the easier it is for our marketing team to sell the club to sponsors. Which is why almost everything United does turn into a saga. This year there's the FDJ saga, the Ronaldo saga, the Antony saga, the club leaks left, right and centre. The past two years it was Sancho's signing and then we broke the internet with Ronaldo. LVG, Mourinho and Moyes said that we're not a football team anymore but a business. They are right.

ti vu

Not really a player that excites me at all. I'm not seeing it, certainly not for the kind of money being quoted. Seems technically mediocre.
The money is crazy, but when comparing to Nunez, 100mil is reasonable. Much more proven. Only 6 months or so different in their age.

Last edited:

Scholsey2004

The money is crazy, but when comparing to Nunez, 100mil is reasonable. Much more proven.
You spend 100m on THE long term solution for a position though. Osimhen just doesnt seem that good to me. He doesnt seem drastically different to Moussa Dembele for instance who would be far cheaper. If it wasnt for Ronaldo scrambling for a club we wouldnt be talking about him at all, especially not for a massive fee.

devilish

If we wanted a bargain then we should have gone for Scamacca. He's 23, a 6ft5 striker, he scored loads of goals last season and he moved for 30m to West Ham. United are getting rinsed by selling clubs like Ajax and Dortmund. They won't find bargains at Napoli, certainly not for a player Napoli had spent 70m euros on.

hobbers

Napoli bought him for 70m euros. They won't sell him for a loss.
Yeh they paid a ludicrous sum for him and they're a pretty well off club, don't have a problem with their valuation of him, it's just the fact that every other attainable striker in Europe with a similar profile and goalscoring stats are better footballers, and all of them would cost less.

Spending world record sums on technically shite attacking players will always be insanity. We went down that route with Lukaku. Chelsea then made the same mistake. Liverpool have made that mistake twice now with Carroll and Uruguayan Carroll.

I'd rather spend an obscene amount on Toney or Abraham.

fallengt

Pricey but I'd rather sign proven striker than Antony tbh.
Martial is made of glasses, we need a proper 9.

Last edited:

devilish

Yeh they paid a ludicrous sum for him and they're a pretty well off club, don't have a problem with their valuation of him, it's just the fact that every other attainable striker in Europe with a similar profile and goalscoring stats are better footballers, and all of them would cost less.

Spending world record sums on technically shite attacking players will always be insanity. We went down that route with Lukaku. Chelsea then made the same mistake. Liverpool have made that mistake twice now with Carroll and Uruguayan Carroll.

I'd rather spend an obscene amount on Toney or Abraham.
At this point the only deals worth trying to do is for players heading towards the end of their contract ie players like Soler, Lemar, Thuram, Dembele or players that the club wants out (ex Dest, Depay etc). The rest would take us to the cleaners as its late in the transfer window they'll have to replace those players and let's face it everyone knows (apart from Adnan) that Murtough is a joke and that United are desperate. Spending obscene money on Toney or Abraham is also silly tbh

ti vu

You spend 100m on THE long term solution for a position though. Osimhen just doesnt seem that good to me. He doesnt seem drastically different to Moussa Dembele for instance who would be far cheaper. If it wasnt for Ronaldo scrambling for a club we wouldnt be talking about him at all, especially not for a massive fee.
I share same stance with you.

However, it looks like the club made mistake with their hope on Ronaldo, and now paying with it. Just as another poster mentioned about. Scamacca would have been a very good deal, but we missed the boat.

I don't rate Dembele. He's kinda big fish small pond kind of player. Even as stop gap, I don't think he would work out for us. With Martial became so injury prone, it's too risky to place faith in someone like Dembele to carry most of the season as first choice.

hobbers

At this point the only deals worth trying to do is for players heading towards the end of their contract ie players like Soler, Lemar, Thuram or players that the club wants out (ex Dest, Depay etc). The rest would take us to the cleaners as its late in the transfer window they'll have to replace those players and let's face it everyone knows (apart from Adnan) that Murtough is a joke and that United are desperate. Spending obscene money on Toney or Abraham is also silly tbh
Yeh if we wanted a number 9 on the cheap Dembele is the obvious one with a year left on his contract. Failing that, Depay. Neither ideal but either could maybe get 10-15 goals and replace a bit of what we lose from Ronaldo going/being benched. And at least they wouldnt be financially ruinous.

If Murtough wasnt an incompetent clown and had designs on a major centre forward signing he should have done it 2 months ago for someone like Toney or Schick. Missed the boat with that, same as with the right back search.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.

Nice list, but pretty much none of these are for sale. Seasons have started, people need their players. Us being late idiots wasn't part of anybody's plan.

TsuWave

Not convinced by him. I’m sure he’s a decent player, but personally, my eye test is saying no. Either way, I don’t see this happening

Amadevs

Supports
United
Special thanks to hobbers - I really had a good laugh!
Osimhen would be my dream ST signing.
Too bad it won't happen this summer.
100 m for a ST, considering Martial's injury prone, makes much more sense than throwing all for Antony.
But I got used to Ten Hag's obsessions.

witchtrials

Nice list, but pretty much none of these are for sale. Seasons have started, people need their players. Us being late idiots wasn't part of anybody's plan.
Not sure Osimhem is any more available then the players on that list.

Houdini

that's what he said
My bad now I see it's THAN and not LIKE. It is early in the morning for me :lol:
Anyways, Osi is nothing like Lukaku.
- better first touch
- better passes
- faster
- better in the air

dinostar77

More of a mendes story than glazers. It was mendes whos trying to get ronaldo to a CL club. From his viewpoint would be a good deal. Doubt we are interested at the €100mil price.

OleGunnar20

For €80m + Ronaldo he'd be a better signing than Antony I reckon. Having watched both on YouTube for a bit.

kaku06

Vulgarian

Couldn’t agree more. I was much more lenient in my assessment being a newbie but you are actually spot on. I scratch my head when people call him “absolute class” “one of the best strikers right now”. The guy is close to a dud than world class. If people make fun of lukaku’s lack of footballing abilities, wait till this guy turns up.
You are right. He is mediocre.

Telsim

100M for Osimhen is certifiable. Everyone involved in such a deal should be investigated and locked up where appropriate.