Victor Osimhen

Bojan Djordjic

This guy or holjlund and Evan Ferguson?
I'd still go with Osimhen. The two lads will probably be very good but both would cost a king's ransom and I'm not sure either are ready to guarantee the 20-30 goals per season that I'd be confident Osimhen would so long as the rest of the team are ticking.

El Jefe

Shaw is the only player in our whole squad that provides crosses to head and a good majority of Osimhen’s goals (I’d argue a third, though I can’t be bothered to count) are from headers.

The only other player that provides crosses is Bruno Fernándes who has to play out wide to do so.

So to accommodate Osimhen we have to play Bruno Fernándes out wide, play a different CAM because Osimhen does not drop deep and needs to be played in on goal too whilst also dropping two of our potential inverted forwards from the right whilst also not playing to Rashford’s strengths because he is not going to score as many goals trying to head in or volley crosses from LW that arrive from the right channel compared to when he gets played in behind on goal to make runs and shoot/slot home.

To accommodate Osimhen we need to buy different wide players. This goes to RB, LW, RW or a CAM depending on where Bruno Fernándes plays to create forOsimhen.

A team that doesn’t get heading or poachers ability out of Osimhen is only getting a 150 mill pressing machine.

Some are just too big fans to see this or dislike the alternative options to want Osimhen higher than the potential ability he brings a very low creative side from out wide.
You don't half make up a lot of stuff to try and convince yourself Osimhen isn't ideal for us. It's almost propaganda at this point.

How did Cavani score his headers for us? Did Bruno have to play on the right to do this. Also Eriksen and Casemiro have provided many great crosses this season.

Your paragraph of what we'd have to do to accommodate him is nonsensical. He's a football player not a robot. It just reads like one of the silly think pieces about how Haaland wouldn't fit the City side. Osimhen scores goals and this teams needs a goal scorer, its really that simple.

Are there better options? Maybe but saying we'd need to basically buy half a new team of outfield players to accommodate him is quite frankly silly.

Erik the Red

This guy or holjlund and Evan Ferguson?
Hojlund, Ferguson and Benzema. Benzema is free, and would allow the other two to grow into the role, go out on loans, teach them, etc. With 60-70 games a season, we should have two first choice strikers, and I would argue even a third, but Rashford and Greenwood both could be considered strikers and offer something different from Hojlund and Ferguson, who appear quite similar stylistically.

Erik the Red

Shaw is the only player in our whole squad that provides crosses to head and a good majority of Osimhen’s goals (I’d argue a third, though I can’t be bothered to count) are from headers.

The only other player that provides crosses is Bruno Fernándes who has to play out wide to do so.

So to accommodate Osimhen we have to play Bruno Fernándes out wide, play a different CAM because Osimhen does not drop deep and needs to be played in on goal too whilst also dropping two of our potential inverted forwards from the right whilst also not playing to Rashford’s strengths because he is not going to score as many goals trying to head in or volley crosses from LW that arrive from the right channel compared to when he gets played in behind on goal to make runs and shoot/slot home.

To accommodate Osimhen we need to buy different wide players. This goes to RB, LW, RW or a CAM depending on where Bruno Fernándes plays to create forOsimhen.

A team that doesn’t get heading or poachers ability out of Osimhen is only getting a 150 mill pressing machine.

Some are just too big fans to see this or dislike the alternative options to want Osimhen higher than the potential ability he brings a very low creative side from out wide.
From highlight clips, Antony provided quite a few headers for Haller at Ajax. He will only do it if there is a striker in the box to get on the end of them. Martial is not a target man, and I'm not sure why it didn't seem to work with Ronaldo and Weghorst, who should have been getting in to those positions.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Hojlund, Ferguson and Benzema. Benzema is free, and would allow the other two to grow into the role, go out on loans, teach them, etc. With 60-70 games a season, we should have two first choice strikers, and I would argue even a third, but Rashford and Greenwood both could be considered strikers and offer something different from Hojlund and Ferguson, who appear quite similar stylistically.
Greenwood ?

JuriM

Don't name that name, want nothing to hear about it.

Dempsey19

That guy you named will never play for this club again.

ForeverRed1

Lost me at greenwood :houllier:

croadyman

I'd still go with Osimhen. The two lads will probably be very good but both would cost a king's ransom and I'm not sure either are ready to guarantee the 20-30 goals per season that I'd be confident Osimhen would so long as the rest of the team are ticking.
Yeah I know two is better than one,however rather get him and then see if we can pick up Thuram on free in the summer.

croadyman

Just don't do it to yourself he will either stay at Madrid or go to Bayern/PSG for a year before heading to Saudi/MLS to see out career.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
You're so wrong, Greenwood ain't wearing that kit anymore
You're probably right. But apparantly he's having a kid with the very same girl, and they're getting married. It's a strange situation. I suspect the marriage thing is a way of smoothing things over in the public eye, maybe even demanded by the club. But what do I know? :)

Edwards6

You're probably right. But apparantly he's having a kid with the very same girl, and they're getting married. It's a strange situation. I suspect the marriage thing is a way of smoothing things over in the public eye, maybe even demanded by the club. But what do I know? :)
Just because he can control his girlfriend it doesn't mean he can control what the public think of him. Shouldn't be anywhere near the club get rid asap

redcucumber

You're so wrong, Greenwood ain't wearing that kit anymore
I'm really not so sure. I can see him doing interviews, therapy, going out on loan abroad etc. with the club eventually paving the way to bringing him back in. The new ownership might want to just sever ties though so as to avoid an early PR shitstorm.

Strelok

I really don't think it's inconceivable that the club try and bring him back into the fold.
Same here.

Personally I'm fine with that. I don't like the Qatarie royals but I'd continue to support/watch United even if they buy us. So I'd be fine with him back I think. At least he didn't torture or kill anyone.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Same here.

Personally I'm fine with that. I don't like the Qatarie royals but I'd continue to support/watch United even if they buy us. So I'd be fine with him back I think. At least he didn't torture or kill anyone.
There’d be mass outcry if he ever played for us again, no matter how the club want to spin it. They’re trying to establish a women’s team on the European stage and are struggling to keep hold of their best players as it is. What message does it send to them if we bring him back into the fold?

We’ve proven we don’t need Greenwood, and it would make much more sense to cut ties and send a message that you can’t get away with stuff simply because you’re good at what you do.

kouroux

I'm really not so sure. I can see him doing interviews, therapy, going out on loan abroad etc. with the club eventually paving the way to bringing him back in. The new ownership might want to just sever ties though so as to avoid an early PR shitstorm.
I honestly don't see how in the current world we're living, you'd think there is a real possibility of that happening. The issue is mainly PR and United will never risk its brand for him, he's not worth it. He is nowhere near good enough for the club to risk it all on him

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Same here.

Same. There is already training pictures of him at the club, a person who by law & judgement was deemed legal. I dont see United as a club trying to impose that someone is illegal when that is the job of lawyers & judges. Could be wrong though.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I honestly don't see how in the current world we're living, you'd think there is a real possibility of that happening. The issue is mainly PR and United will never risk its brand for him, he's not worth it. He is nowhere near good enough for the club to risk it all on him
If we see a significant PR offensive (interviews from him and his gf/wife, talks about therapy, a lot of social work, etc) then it wouldn't surprise me too much if it does happen. Not saying it should, but the fact there's now no criminal issue and it appears that the victim has now completely forgiven him and moved on with their life with him...realistically it's going to be a tough decision for the club to make.

Red00012

Greenwood will never wear a Utd jersey again you do realise that ?

Varun

Staff
I really don't think it's inconceivable that the club try and bring him back into the fold.
If I had to put money on it, I'd wager he's coming back. Case dropped, marrying the girl, about to have a kid with her, club doesn't have a legal leg to stand on unless Greenwood agrees to leave which I doubt he will because it'd signal Utd found him guilty etc. Can see some joint interviews, PR about he's a fixed man, doing community work, therapy etc and he'll be back.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
What message does it send to them if we bring him back into the fold?
That people can be rehabilitated? The club probably feels they have a duty of care to this guy who has been at the club since he was a child. I'd rather he got given the care he clearly needs from a therapeutical standpoint than he turn into a journeyman and potentially an even bigger cnut and hurts more people, or the same person again.

I absolutely understand why someone would want to see him kicked to the kerb. But he needs help and I hope he's been getting it for the last however many years it's been since this came to light.

Strelok

There’d be mass outcry if he ever played for us again, no matter how the club want to spin it. They’re trying to establish a women’s team on the European stage and are struggling to keep hold of their best players as it is. What message does it send to them if we bring him back into the fold?

We’ve proven we don’t need Greenwood, and it would make much more sense to cut ties and send a message that you can’t get away with stuff simply because you’re good at what you do.
There wasn't much mass outcry when we heard the Qataries would buy us. People were actually happy with that. Tbh I'm not against nor for him comming back. I simply found it a bit too double standards and unfair if you're fine with the Qataries owning the club but not him comming back. At least for me it's so. For the woman team imo if they didn't complain when the Qataries buy us, they shouldn't complain if he's back.

Drizzle

There wasn't much mass outcry when we heard the Qataries would buy us. People were actually happy with that. Tbh I'm not against nor for him comming back. I simply found it a bit too double standards and unfair if you're fine with the Qataries owning the club but not him comming back. At least for me it's so. For the woman team imo if they didn't complain when the Qataries buy us, they shouldn't complain if he's back.
Maybe because Greenwood and Qatar are completely different things?

Strelok

Maybe because Greenwood and Qatar are completely different things?
Not really I think. Some may argue MG is a player so he presents us more than the owners. But some also might argue the owners present us more since players come and go but they're with us indefinitely. For me it's the same. Both are associated with the club.

For the woman team they complained about the possibility of being around MG but so far I've never heard them complaning about the possibility of being around much worse people like the Qatarie royals. It's not like the new owners and their guys won't ever be around OT or the Carrington if they buy us.

UpWithRivers

Ronaldo paid off his rape allegations. Alonso killed that girl when drunk driving. Maradona shot at the press with a pellet gun. It goes on and on. If you are a sht footballer then you will probably be done. If you are worth nearly 100 mill it will be awkward at first but it will get spun until everyone forgives and forgets. Look at Mike Tyson.

kouroux

If we see a significant PR offensive (interviews from him and his gf/wife, talks about therapy, a lot of social work, etc) then it wouldn't surprise me too much if it does happen. Not saying it should, but the fact there's now no criminal issue and it appears that the victim has now completely forgiven him and moved on with their life with him...realistically it's going to be a tough decision for the club to make.
It won't, the audio leaked makes a big big problem for the club. If there wasn't that file then he would have found a way to resume his career.

kouroux

If I had to put money on it, I'd wager he's coming back. Case dropped, marrying the girl, about to have a kid with her, club doesn't have a legal leg to stand on unless Greenwood agrees to leave which I doubt he will because it'd signal Utd found him guilty etc. Can see some joint interviews, PR about he's a fixed man, doing community work, therapy etc and he'll be back.
The club not having a legal leg to stand on doesn't it will welcome him back with open arms. The audio and pictures have been heard and seen by millions

Strelok

Ronaldo paid off his rape allegations. Alonso killed that girl when drunk driving. Maradona shot at the press with a pellet gun. It goes on and on. If you are a sht footballer then you will probably be done. If you are worth nearly 100 mill it will be awkward at first but it will get spun until everyone forgives and forgets. Look at Mike Tyson.
I don't think people would really forgive and forget. Like you still remmember all those stories. And most of us fans I think.
It won't, the audio leaked makes a big big problem for the club. If there wasn't that file then he would have found a way to resume his career.
Agree. And if the Qatarie royals buy us the chance he'd be back is even smaller imo. People will say because they also did/do that so they're fine with him. They surely would like to avoid that I think.

Drizzle

Agree. And if the Qatarie royals buy us the chance he'd be back is even smaller imo. People will say because they also did/do that so they're fine with him. They surely would like to avoid that I think.
I also think that's the case. The last thing they'll want is to be mired in controversy and to have grief from sponsors, demos etc.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The bold isn't true btw. The standard of proof required for gross misconduct is balance of probability, and nothing that has happened so far rules out a balance of probability finding in the club's favour. If they went down that route a settlement seems more likely but it isn't even slightly true that they don't have a leg to stand on legally.

scottser

The last thing Evan Ferguson needs is a move to United to be stuck on the bench as a third or fourth choice striker. If we do sign him, he should go straight back on loan to Brighton.
As for Osimhen, it's mental money but we'll have to go large or go home I suppose.

Bojan Djordjic

Same here.

What are you talking about? He raped and beat up his girlfriend. You're fine with that once he didn't waterboard her. Give your head a wobble. Disgraceful comment.