Victor Osimhen

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Not sure this is going anywhere good :nervous: Probably best to end this episode of Pulled out of my arse statistics
:lol: Draft forum is always better. Get back there, man. They're shitting on Montero there.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I don't get why this has picked up so much. Isn't this the case for every single footballer's girlfriend/wife who live abroad? It probably has zero impact on his next club. Premier League is the dream for Nigerians. It is the league to play in, and his salary will also be higher here than it would in Bayern. Coming to United under Ten Hag, he is also pretty much guaranteed Champions League every year.
Bayern gives him a higher probability to win titles and probably won't pay much less than United, if it is less at all.

And there is another aspect I do wonder about (and which I missed being mentioned before): He was a complete failure in his first time in Germany. Maybe he wants to rectify his image here and wants to make peace with the league which just was to big for him when he tried it the first time. So far the only good thing he got in Germany seems to be his girlfriend.

zaafi

Bayern gives him a higher probability to win titles and probably won't pay much less than United, if it is less at all.

And there is another aspect I do wonder about (and which I missed being mentioned before): He was a complete failure in his first time in Germany. Maybe he wants to rectify his image here and wants to make peace with the league which just was to big for him when he tried it the first time. So far the only good thing he got in Germany seems to be his girlfriend.
Higher probability to win Bundesliga. But they do every year anyway, and it's not really a competition.

He played 280 minutes total at the age of 18. Hardly a complete failure?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
He played 280 minutes total at the age of 18. Hardly a complete failure?
He had to move to the Belgian league after this one season, which shows that he was seen as a failure and not good enough for the Bundesliga. He worked his way up and rightfully currently is valued extremely high, but he definitely still has that memory of not being considered good enough for the BL.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Marcus doesn't have to morph, but he has to have more balance which means he has to think more rather be instinctual. He's much better when told to be direct and get into spaces and areas that allow him to shoot, all those things can be done without the ball...it's traits he's had since he came up to the senior team, which have been emphasized this season thus his goal tally. The less Marcus has to think on the ball - pass, shoot, hold up, wait for play, etc. the better. He's not in the same mindset of Bruno or Eriksen. He's a finisher. Osimhen is a finisher and guess what, they like to occupy similar spaces. Rooney and RVP occupied similar spaces and didn't come off during Year Moyes and LVG. It was only when Sir Alex deployed Rooney as a foil and he went back into his preferred ss/10 position with all things going through RVP. Osimhen can lead the line on his own, Marcus cannot, so they have to work together and get the best out of each other. That requires Marcus to be a little more of a Martinelli or Saka or even Grealish, which Marcus is not. Could he be, I have my doubts because that's not his strong suit nor is he technically capabile of those players. They are better passers with both feet, can dribble better than Marcus and retain ball possession in tight spaces better.

Yes, it can be like operating in a front 2 with the ball assuming the space is there, but then structurally off the ball and when they lose possession, the immediate press and counter press with 2 CFs narrow leaves gaps. Antony's playmaking skill seems to have higher potential with the impending signing of a better RB that suits the team better (e.g., Frimpong) going forward.

But again, signing Osimhen will require further evolution to the attacking line, whether it becomes more fluid or interchangable, etc. It would be exciting to see, but there's going to be a lot of work to be done and it maybe more different to what EtH and coaches have started to develop this year with Martial. Ever since Martial has gotten back into the squad and since he's made starts against Sevilla and Forest, the team have looked damn good in attack and chance creation. I don't think that's a coincidence.
As I stated earlier. Osimhen offers all the defensive and pressing qualities Weghorst offers us. I dont see how having him yet Rashford is always in the box like he currently is now will suddenly mean we have no cover on the left. When we loss the ball. I doubt the tean shape without the ba would change. I also I dont see why Rashford would be less instinctual. Im convinved he'd thrive off the extra help in the box, because he'd shed a marker or two. I dont see why people think having a second guy in the box would suddenly cramp his style. People forget an Osinhen is savy enough to attack the right side of the 18 whilst a rashford attacks the left snd vice versea. Even to peel off and drop deeper lurking in behind to pick up a loss ball off his efforts. Its not like he is a strijer that strictly stats in between the two posts and refuses to make room for others...

As for Martial. Its not comocidence We look better with him simply because he is the only we have currently that knits the attack together. When he plays all the forwards pass to him and him to them. The rest of the combos simply spend their time passing to bruno and never to each other. I believe we could get the same effect out of either Osimhen and Kane. Kane even more so since he mastered the play maker 9 schtick under mourinho.

I'm suggesting and question how well Osimhen and Rashford would play together when one (Osimhen) leads a line by himself and makes all the runs and movements into and within the spaces that Marcus has made from the left and when he goes into central positions that enable him (Marcus) to get shots off.

And as a left forward, Marcus needs to supply and pass to Osimhen, in the middle, more often than he's been asked to do this past season because regardless of the absence of Martial as the true CF for most of the season, Martial and Rashford link up very well and there's a balance between them of linkup play between them, goals, and getting others involved. Osimhen does not link play or facilitate play nearly as much as Martial or as effectively as Martial. Osimhen is the tip of the spear as it Marcus under EtH and Benni.

It seems you are conflating the fact none of our forwards outside martial offer enough of a box threat for Rashford to combine with them. With a Rashford being able to strictly combine best with a Martial kinda striker. Rashford would link up pretty well with Osimhen simply because he'd be able to trust him more. Rashford is actually capable of comming up with even more assists than he currently does. Without it affecting his goal out put nor threat

But then at the end, they stick with Benzema who didn't have better scoring record, and continued doing so for years with Ronaldo-Benz combo even though Benzema's golascoring record was average (for a Madrid s striker). Doesn't it make you wonder why?
I don't have to wonder. I already KNOW. Higuain was unhappy rotating (due to his better goal rate than Benz) and they were offered great money for him. Without them losing an excellent partnership in the process of cashing in! One that could still get even better and ultimately did. It wasn't a hard decision to make. I'm convinved the same would have happened the other way round too. Never forget both combos contributed to a record breaking league season. Madrid's attack was pretty much godly with both combos that season

STYLOISRED

I think it has more impact than all of us know. They are not just footballers but also private persons with a family, kids and other things that could be important.

One of the reasons Frenkie isn’t coming to us is that he loves his life in Barcelona and his girlfriend loves their life in Barcelona. They don’t want to move away from their life in Barcelona.
As I Nigerian I can tell you that there is no way Oshimen is picking the Bundesliga over the Premier league. Even Chelsea in their current state would win in a race against Bayern for his signature. The Premier league is THE DREAM for most Nigerians.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Played FIFA yesterday with him. Scored left foot volley after taking it down with his right, scored with either foot, headers, bicycle kicks, running through on goal and finishing into the corner. He’s got it all. Convinced me that he’s the one

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Played FIFA yesterday with him. Scored left foot volley after taking it down with his right, scored with either foot, headers, bicycle kicks, running through on goal and finishing into the corner. He’s got it all. Convinced me that he’s the one
Even for 150 billion?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Nice, what’s his ID?

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
As I Nigerian I can tell you that there is no way Oshimen is picking the Bundesliga over the Premier league. Even Chelsea in their current state would win in a race against Bayern for his signature. The Premier league is THE DREAM for most Nigerians.
What about the rest? And rest is an interesting number for Nigeria.

criticalanalysis

Imagine the Utd social media team with the reveal video :drool:

Medium wide: Pan to a foggy, dark room where we see a tall figure with his back facing the camera in a white suit. He spreads his arms out wide and a dozen white doves come flying out in slow mo from behind his silhouette.
Medium wide close up: We see his lower half as the camera pans upwards to reveal the man is wearing a mask.
Close up: He takes it off, "I am Oshimen, GGMU".

Directed by John Woo.

STYLOISRED

What about the rest? And rest is an interesting number for Nigeria.
There are pictures of him wearing a Chelsea shirt as a kid and he has said Drogba is his idol. It would take a ridiculous offer from Bayern to tempt him away from the Premier league.

Bondi77

This guy will be at Chelsea next year because they will pay whatever Napoli want.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
There are pictures of him wearing a Chelsea shirt as a kid and he has said Drogba is his idol. It would take a ridiculous offer from Bayern to tempt him away from the Premier league.
Who knows what his girlfriend offers him to move back to Germany instead of moving to England...

Bojan Djordjic

This guy will be at Chelsea next year because they will pay whatever Napoli want.
Chelsea aren’t even technically safe from relegation this season and the squad issues are a ticking time bomb which mean any ambitious coach will steer well clear of (see Nagelsman). Would be very silly to go to them at this point in time.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
EPL is appealing to nearly all players right now but Bayern Munich also has its own charm. Bayern also have the money combined with common sense, maybe that common sense might be the deterrent but not because it’ll be more expensive for than an EPL club.
Let’s just start getting some honesty on the table here. Players will and have always moved for money and this talk of project/league strength is nonsense. Whoever pays his asking price and meet his wage demands will sign him, if WBA or Hamburg get to be that club he will.

croadyman

Yeah despite where they are in league money still talks. I am not gonna lie there is concern about us not having a pressing pacy striker but unless Qatar take us over I don't see it happening

croadyman

My only wish is that he had the touch and general technique of Kane because by the looks if it he ticks all the other boxes needed for striker

Bondi77

i don't think he would go to chelsea without having any european competition unless no one else came in for him
He would be in an exclusive part of London getting paid a fortune and playing in the Premier league and Napoli would be rubbing their hands together on the profit they have made on him...everyone is a winner.

bosskeano

He would be in an exclusive part of London getting paid a fortune and playing in the Premier league and Napoli would be rubbing their hands together on the profit they have made on him...everyone is a winner.
but the player has to agree to the move...he can reject it regardless of what napoli will/would accept

a guy like him is going to want to play in the CL after the season he's had at Napoli...i just don't think playing for a team that has no european competition will intrigue him regardless of the pay

Bondi77

but the player has to agree to the move...he can reject it regardless of what napoli will/would accept

a guy like him is going to want to play in the CL after the season he's had at Napoli...i just don't think playing for a team that has no european competition will intrigue him regardless of the pay
I think you underrate what playing in the Premier league actually means to players.
I am sure that if Varane and Casemiro wanted to play Champs league they could have found easier options than us to achieve that but I think along with their very generous contracts they are on there was a strong desire to play week in week out in the Premier League.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
There was a break one time in the game last night, where Anthony had the ball and we were charging to wards the goal. He decided to slip the ball through into the box with the outside of his boot and Martial decided to pull back to the edge of the box. There in lies a big problem with our forwards - Rashford is starting to do it more, but still it not natural. Someone like Osimhen would be demanding that ball and fashion a chance on goal from that. Osimhen would be the most elite version of that we could get, but I think it would improve us massively by getting someone of that profile, even if it's not Osimhen.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
EPL is appealing to nearly all players right now but Bayern Munich also has its own charm. Bayern also have the money combined with common sense, maybe that common sense might be the deterrent but not because it’ll be more expensive for than an EPL club.
Let’s just start getting some honesty on the table here. Players will and have always moved for money and this talk of project/league strength is nonsense. Whoever pays his asking price and meet his wage demands will sign him, if WBA or Hamburg get to be that club he will.
Maybe he’ll go to Saudi then.

There are clearly other factors than money which would make a player prefer to play in England than play for 10 in a row Bayern Munich.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
There was a break one time in the game last night, where Anthony had the ball and we were charging to wards the goal. He decided to slip the ball through into the box with the outside of his boot and Martial decided to pull back to the edge of the box. There in lies a big problem with our forwards - Rashford is starting to do it more, but still it not natural. Someone like Osimhen would be demanding that ball and fashion a chance on goal from that. Osimhen would be the most elite version of that we could get, but I think it would improve us massively by getting someone of that profile, even if it's not Osimhen.
This is it. I don’t mind a striker dropping to link, but once he’s laid it off, I want him attacking the space aggressively. A striker creates chances for himself by demanding the ball, and there are so many scenarios where there are angles and passes on that we do not make because we lack that instinct, or because we have Wout Weghorst up front.

At the moment, Martial seems to be averaging about 1 shot every other game. Everything he does is at a high level generally, but he seems to enter the box as a last resort. He wants the ball 40 yards out more often than not. He simply isn’t getting himself into positions to score goals often enough. I think it’s a confidence issue, because I’ve seen spells from Martial where he has a goalscoring desire. Usually when he’s gotten a few goals on a run, he is starving for them. The Martial from 2020 was like that, he looked clearly interested in his personal stats and even the Martial from the beginning of the season. When he came on against City, he was aggressive. Against Everton he was having shots blocked and unlucky not to score before he went off. He came on away at Omonoia and was immediately getting shots off. This time around he seems to want to link play exclusively.

I miss Cavani. A prime Cavani would be perfect now.