Victor Osimhen

croadyman

We're not selling Rashford or Martial (unless we got a ridiculous fee from an oil club, which we won't). Only hope is a deal involving Ronaldo due to getting his wages off the books, and if Napoli will be stupid enough to sacrifice some of the transfer fee for VO in exchange for the coup of getting Ronaldo. In short, not likely to happen this window. One to keep an eye on when his contract gets closer to expiry and the fee is more reasonable.
True so who can we get there for now

shd0w

We should be loaning them Ronaldo and then Napoli loan us Osimhen. That way we can play around FFP and use our budget on him next summer if he works out for us

SirScholes

The other thing is that in the admittedly brief glimpses we've had of him so far, Martial looks like a man reborn under EtH. When everyone is fit, Martial could play wide left with Sancho on the right and Osimhen up top. It seems to make a lot more sense than signing Antony because it means we have two guys who can play the no. 9 role in the squad at a high level (important because both Martial and Osimhen seem to get injured quite a bit) and it also leaves us free to partially offset the Osimhen cost by flogging Rashford for £50m.

Garnacho can be our reserve winger- he's ready and may well be as good as Antony if given opportunities anyway.
Nah man you can’t go into this new season with hopes of martial getting form back
He’s played a couple half decent pre season games and been injured for the rest, this martial is back thing is so premature.
Not convinced by this guy, looks like he has a heavy touch although I do like his attitude

Trequarista10

True so who can we get there for now
Strongest links/confirmed bids have been for cheap backup/rotation options like Depay or Arnautovic, or a youngster in Sesko to be a rotation/backup, and I think that's the profile we'll go for this window, with the bigger money going to RW (Antony) or CM if possible (De Jong, maybe SMS).

Obviously if there was a top striker available this window for a reasonable fee we would go for it, but I don't see anyone who fits the bill at the moment.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He's not a poacher at all, he's a real modern all round forward. Good dribbler, energetic, runs the channels, can press and hold the ball up. He's like a cross between Rashford and Martial tbh. I'd love him here for a reasonable fee.
They got him for 70m +. There isn't a reasonable fee, I'm afraid.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I would prefer Toney to be honest. But I guess this is part of Ronaldo going other way.

TsuWave

I really don't see it with Osimhen. I don't know.

I like players with great close control and every time I watch Osimhen the ball seems to always be two metres away from his feet.

Trequarista10

They got him for 70m +. There isn't a reasonable fee, I'm afraid.
I know. As I said in later post, only hope is the lose their minds and agree a ridiculous swap deal involving Ronaldo, or to keep tabs on him for a couple years until his contract is closer to expiry.

izec

I really don't see it with Osimhen. I don't know.

I like players with great close control and every time I watch Osimhen the ball seems to always be two metres away from his feet.
He is perfect for the PL. A bit like Nunez, as long as we feed him, he will score.

Loony BoB

He's not a poacher at all, he's a real modern all round forward. Good dribbler, energetic, runs the channels, can press and hold the ball up. He's like a cross between Rashford and Martial tbh. I'd love him here for a reasonable fee.
Ah, my post was in response to AngeloHenriquez suggesting we shouldn't get Osimhen as Angelo wants us to get more of a penalty box striker.

LordSpud

I think the Glazers will try and force this through to get Ronaldo out of the club. But I think they will slap a clause in that he cannot put that interview out.

Deery

Dreary
Those figures are just mental no way we pay Ronaldo wages and drop £100m, just take the wage cut Ronaldo if it’s that important to you.

Loony BoB

I think the Glazers will try and force this through to get Ronaldo out of the club. But I think they will slap a clause in that he cannot put that interview out.
The Glazers? Try to force Ronaldo out of the club? What makes you think they of all people would want that? Genuinely curious.

Someone

Something
Signing him in addition to Antony would take our spending over 300 without any noticeable sales. Do people really think this might happen?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He seems a bit counter attacking - runs in to open spaces and then uses speed.

Eplel

I like him, he's gritty (a quality that I like in Antony too), but no way he's worth more than what Napoli paid for him 2 years ago.
He's not improved that much, and if they want Ronaldo without paying the wages, max I'd give for Osimhen would be 40 + Ronaldo.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
If we were to get Osimhen then he's your 9. Martial, Rashford, Sancho for the remaining two positions (LW, RW). That could really work.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Signing him in addition to Antony would take our spending over 300 without any noticeable sales. Do people really think this might happen?
Of course not

Abraxas

Sorry, but where on earth do they get this idea we'll pay 10 million quid to get rid of a player who's signature we own and only has one year left and that the manager is not fussed about losing? Mendes must be having some strange dreams at the moment if that's true.