Victor Valdes retires

Jaybomb

Source: Mundo Deportivo

Apparently he retired to set up his own TV Production company.

Sad to hear. One of my favourite goalkeepers. What a career he's had.

A year or two ago he thought he could compete for a first team place with DDG.

Had a good career.

He's been done for a while though, think he's only been playing because of his financial woes.

Has had a great career, 6 league titles, 3 Champions Leagues, 1 World Cup and 1 Euro Championship. Not bad.

The most underrated goalkeeper of this generation.

He Will have to spend a lot more time in his crazy mansion?
43.jpg

Poor guy

Didn't he do an interview a couple years back saying he thought he'd retire early as he fell out of love with football? This doesn't come as a surprise because of that.

A great keeper, seems too early to retire. Shame LVG treated him like something that fell out of a dogs bottom when he was here.

A great keeper, seems too early to retire. Shame LVG treated him like something that fell out of a dogs bottom when he was here.
That's exactly what he was when he was here. Refusing to play reserve matches.

He was refusing to play reserve matches to keep fit. When he was eventually called upon he then conceded a soft goal which might have been avoidable if he had played for the reserves more.

Achieved too much in relation to his capabilities

Sometimes happen in football

why is it a shame? He could have played, chose not to. United owed him NOTHING. Took two transfer windows of his agent peddling him all over Europe for him to end up at Middlesbrough.

He had one of the most drastic falls for grace I have seen from a top level Footballer. Achieved a ton with Barca though.

Had a good career.

He's been done for a while though, think he's only been playing because of his financial woes.

Never heard of that. What did he do? I can't wrap my head around how he could be in trouble having only just retired.

Never heard of that. What did he do? I can't wrap my head around how he could be in trouble having only just retired.
Bad investments. Tried to join Monaco a few years back to work off his debts with little to no tax. Failed the medical instead. It's why he left Barcelona in the first place.

Average keeper who was lucky to have one of the greatest teams ever playing in front of him.

The most underrated goalkeeper of this generation.

That's the video you choose to support your argument that Valdes was underrated? There was nothing special there.

Shame he acted like something that fell out of a dogs bottom while here.
Bad investments. Tried to join Monaco a few years back to work off his debts with little to no tax. Failed the medical instead. It's why he left Barcelona in the first place.
He had signed a deal with them well before his injury, after which they tried to tear up the contract.

If I remember correctly, while he was with us, Monaco actually had to subsidise his wages.

Shame he acted like something that fell out of a dogs bottom while here.

He had signed a deal with them well before his injury, after which they tried to tear up the contract.

If I remember correctly, while he was with us, Monaco actually had to subsidise his wages.
Yeah you're right!

Weird career. He was shit for the longest time and then suddenly became amazing for 2-3 seasons, only to ultimately become shit again. Won a ton of trophies though.

Lucky man to have won all those things in his career. Honestly I find it interesting that someone considered him a better talent than Reina in the first place. Barcelona haven't had a great goalie post-millenium.

An absolute clown and cancer to have at the club. Was protected by Barca because they needed his character and bonus points to their academy. Just another ex player who betrayed LVG by pretending to be up for the challenge of playing for manchester united. Thanks for absolutely nothing you cnut.

why is it a shame? He could have played, chose not to. United owed him NOTHING. Took two transfer windows of his agent peddling him all over Europe for him to end up at Middlesbrough.
He did play, he didn't choose not to. You don't really believe that utter crap spouted by lvg do you?

He did play, he didn't choose not to. You don't really believe that utter crap spouted by lvg do you?
I believe people who actually have inside of the knowledge of the club and say he defied the coaches and tried to get the other players to follow suit. He is a cancerous cnut and its a shame how long it took for him to feck off.