Vile details of racist attack on Sterling revealed in court

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
So why did she go from accusing him of assault in a witness statement to refusing to answer questions under oath. That's the definition of a hostile witness.
No it isn't. She was classed as an unfavourable witness which is something completely different. If she was a hostile witness then the judge would've granted the prosecution permission to treat her as one but he rejected the application because in his eyes she wasn't a hostile witness. As the defence said, the prosecution were clutching at straws and the judge obviously agreed.

What you're posting in this thread is low even by your standards. Not only are you blatantly telling lies about Sterling and his ex, you're also deflecting from the despicable attack on him last Saturday. You've not posted a single word about that so I can only assume that you condone racially aggravated assault.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
Think we've both become more fond of each other since those early days :nervous:.

When I heard this happened to Sterling, I thought ffs kid can't catch a break and in the forefront of my mind was all the shit he's had from the press.
Careful - people will be telling us to get a room next:lol:

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
The booing back then was an embarrassment. Can't remember the journalists name, he was from Liverpool think he wrote for the Echo (James something?) but he was actively encouraging people to harass him
Not sure about the Echo journalist but there's a freelance reporter called Graham Beecroft who appears on Talkshite a lot. While he wasn't encouraging people to give Sterling stick, he was indulging in a lot of shit-stirring at the time of the transfer saga. Just at the point that it was approaching a conclusion, he and others reported that Sterling had refused to travel on Liverpool's pre-season tour but it eventually transpired that he'd been given permission not to go as both clubs had reached an agreement on the transfer fee.

With regards to some of the stories, I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool FC were briefing the media against Sterling and making him out to be far worse than he actually was. It's telling that once it was all done and dusted Brendan Rodgers said that he had no hard feelings towards him, and even sent him a letter last season offering up words of encouragement.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I think that the booing part was not solely down to shit press (which was obvious to be due to him being a Liverpool darling and then leaving them for City) but also being a diving wanker, to be fair. Young got the same kind of treatment when he was booed and still is all over England.

meamth

The face of the Cnut:

Karl Fecking Endursen
Officially the most punchable face in Manchester. Luckily I'm a Malaysian. :(

Last edited:

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
I was clearly joking about him being a top red, as indicated by the tongue smiley.
Yep, I pretty much guessed that you weren't being serious mate. I was just answering another poster who quoted you

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Why can't it be both? Why even speculate on this? What value does pondering on whether this guy was "really" racist by your personal standards add to this thread?
Obviously it can be both. I'm not "pondering on whether he was really racist by my personal standards" FFS :wenger:

I'm trying to speculate on what the psychology might be of a person with 37 previous convictions. Being a racist is clearly not his only malfunction, maybe not even his *main* problem if he's constantly victimising people regardless of race. I think that's more interesting to the thread than another 50 people simply agreeing that he's scum.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
Regarding the "leniency" of the sentence, what makes it even more mental - and I think I've got the gist of this right - is that despite him being a known football hooligan who attacked a footballer on the morning of a football match, it doesn't come under the scope of a "football related" offence. That's because to be considered as such, he would've had to have been travelling to or from a match he was attending or intending to attend. In other words, if he got caught throwing a punch at an opposition fan at or outside a football stadium that didn't even connect then he'd have got a far heavier sentence because it's deemed as being a "football related" offence even though in the eyes of pretty much everyone on here - with the possible exception of one poster on this thread, and maybe a couple of posters in the blackface thread - that would be a lesser offence than what he actually did to Sterling.

GeorgieBoy

Haha must be so annoying for him knowing he'll be spending Christmas day in a cell; whilst Sterling enjoys it in his massive mansion.

invisibleman

Supports
Manchester City
No it isn't. She was classed as an unfavourable witness which is something completely different. If she was a hostile witness then the judge would've granted the prosecution permission to treat her as one but he rejected the application because in his eyes she wasn't a hostile witness. As the defence said, the prosecution were clutching at straws and the judge obviously agreed.

What you're posting in this thread is low even by your standards. Not only are you blatantly telling lies about Sterling and his ex, you're also deflecting from the despicable attack on him last Saturday. You've not posted a single word about that so I can only assume that you condone racially aggravated assault.
I think the fact that he still has not posted anything in this thread other than that says all you need to know. I am glad that the vast majority of United fans here can see that this is an issue that transcends football rivalries and needs to be stamped out of the sport.

Richard Cranium

Nothing like a sweeping assumption which is unfounded but supports your argument eh. Seems to be your forte, just fabricating stuff or lying.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
Nothing like a sweeping assumption which is unfounded but supports your argument eh. Seems to be your forte, just fabricating stuff or lying.
Behave. I've smashed your argument to bits and you're still digging despite already being behind the 8 ball on this thread. I'm astonished you can even show your face on here after what you've posted.

I'll leave the United fans to hang you out to dry

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Hope someone gives him a good seeing to outside when he comes out and never walks again.