Vincent Aboubakar

Bojan Djordjic

Another bum in the mold of Ighalo and Cavani. Just get Felix and be done with it ffs.
Cavani was far from a bum ffs. He was amazing in his first season - such an intelligent and confident player who I wish could have thought some of our other forwards how to play the number nine role. Would give my right arm to have a peak Cavani in this current team. He felt insulted by United's treatment of him after signing Voldemort and downed tools prioritising Uruguay.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
I would say that he's probably only an option in case everything fails,
Not being a fan nor a rival, but reading this forum for 14 years already, they might very well announce it then.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Haha, are you me by any chance? We also had a baby at that time and I ended up watching most of that AFCON as well. My boy slept well when I had football or even better old kung fu movies on in the background.

Aboubakar was by far Cameroons best player, miles ahead of Choupo Moting, and you might even argue he was player of the tournament individually although it was also well deserved that Sadio Mane was awarded the prize for his spectacular run which got Senegal the gold. Cameroon didn't get going in this WC either before Aboubakar was subbed on and later made a starter, he truly is their talisman.

I quite like him as a player. Big, strong, tactically smart with pressing and runs. Decent technique as well. He could do a job for 6/18 months. He'd provide a focal point, has supreme confidence in his ability and can turn his man. My main gripe is his age. I don't want to channel my inner Moyes like he did regarding Yakubu but...
Right here right now, he is definitely a good player. In a total vacuum, I could definitely see many coaches prefer him to Antony Martial. For a 6 months loan — he is a good option from my point of view.

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Right here right now, he is definitely a good player. In a total vacuum, I could definitely see many coaches prefer him to Antony Martial. For a 6 months loan — he is a good option from my point of view.
Why yes, I fully agree. Larsson was 37 and performed admirably for United, Giroud is 36 and won Milan the league after Zlatan 40 went down with injury after having single handedly lifted them up from mediocrity to title contenders as a 38 year old.

I'd play Aboubakar ahead of Martial every day of the week on pure ability as a CF focal point but likely they would rotate which is fine as well. And if his Cameroon exploits is anything to go by I would like him to stay for a full 18 months not just to play but to also pass on his mentality and cunning. I believe every team should have 2-3 players 33-37 who can play when called upon but more than that be like playing coaches. Eriksen and Casemiro are the closest to that in this troop and they are new, perhaps someone upstairs has come to the same realization. Zabaleta and Fernandinho for example were valuable for more than their pitch performances.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
No chance AC would let him go
I know, but hopefully people stop turning their noses up at such options. It's clear the Glazer's aren't putting up any cash (when have they?) before they sell.

Bojan Djordjic

If he makes a similar sort of short term impact as Ighalo made, then that’s fine with me.

Getting him & Felix on loans till the end of the season would be a good January transfer window.
Christ, I hope whomever we bring in has more quality than Ighalo. That was OGS doing a stroke for his dodgy agent mate. Played the equivalent of eight and a half games for us and didn't manage to score a league goal. The individual we are bringing in this January will be one Martial injury away from being United's starting striker. If we bring in Thuram, Memphis, Felix or even Dembele, they could arguably supplant Martial in the team. A person who is being outperformed by Ighalo in the same league will not be sufficiently good enough to be tested in the league.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Get him in. A midtable forward who wants to get in the box and on the end of things will score around ten or fifteen goals in this team, which is more than we can say for Martial.

MrSingh2002

I agree. I really liked him when he was playing in the champions league and wanted us to sign him before he had his knee injury.

ChorltonReds

There's no way in the world United are considering this. I can't believe people are seriously discussing it.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'd take him, but then at this point I'd probably take Brian McClair...

As in literally Brian McClair right now.

LordSpud

Its like fecking groundhog day at this club. Absolutely mental

Nero

I always wonder if the people who believe random twitter transfer nonsense are as guillible in their day-to-day lives.

Drizzle

For those singing his praises: why is he playing in Saudi and why isn't he exactly smashing it there?

I want to believe, but...

Sparky Rhiwabon

I would rather have Charlie Austin than this guy. Unfortunately it looks like Swindon have beaten us to that one.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Why would you prefer Charlie Austin?
That’s just an example to show how enthusiastic I would be about this signing. My hometown club Wrexham literally have two strikers who I believe would be more effective - Paul Mullin and Ollie Palmer - although I’m not sure the Glazers would spend that much as they’re both on long term contracts.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I always wonder if the people who believe random twitter transfer nonsense are as guillible in their day-to-day lives.
Very disrespectful to be honest, a little research into the newspaper that the aggregator is getting the information from would lead you to discover that that OKAZ online are one of the biggest and most reliable newspapers in the middle east.

https://www.saudigazette.com.sa/article/616402

https://www.forbesmiddleeast.com/list/top-newspapers-online-in-the-arab-world-2012

Nero

PoTMS

If we're taking cheap 30 year olds on short term deals, I'd rather Memphis Depay.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I’m sure city and arsenal will be terrified of coming up against aboubakar

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I’m sure city and arsenal will be terrified of coming up against aboubakar
Not to worry - he'll go to Turkey I suspect. We're just being used for negotiations. My hunch anyway.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If we're taking cheap 30 year olds on short term deals, I'd rather Memphis Depay.
Memphis would likely require a year and a half at the very least. Haven't seen anything about Barca loaning him out.

Red Rash

I know nothing about him but can't help but feel this seems like an uninspiring signing when we have been linked to the likes of Osimhen and Felix.

Still if he does come in then it will only be to provide squad depth and as an option when we need a goal. I'm pretty sure injuries permitting Martial will be first choice striker with Rashford as second choice.