Vincent Kompany: Man City quadruple a matter of time | Next year?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Champions League Final

Liverpool v Man City with it being for the quadruple.

Who are we rooting for?
Christ, what a nightmare scenario.

Due to the absurdity of a team winning the quadruple, through gritted teeth I would have to say the dippers.

Paul_Scholes18

I say the odds for them doing it.

CL Man City 30%
Fa cup 60%
League cup 85%

Total 20%

Thus 1/5 that they win it all. Maybe lower though since they might bottle the chance by being nervous in CL if they can write history like that.
I think that mainly applies to the final though, but Pep got good final record to be fair.

I think Bayern got around 35% to win CL. The main threat for them is City and Pep winning the tactical battle and PSG.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
They are yet to be challenged by a proper team. I am very interested to see them against Bayern. They should beat Real easily, but PSG would test their defense.
They've met one decent team in the past two months and got schooled comprehensively.

Irwin99

Think Pep's arrogance and stubbornness may cost them again in the CL. Domestic treble again though is likely :(

Robin Your Persie

They've met one decent team in the past two months and got schooled comprehensively.
Yep and even againest Liverpool there was nothing in it until Allison realised he had City in his acca and gifted them the game.

teteus

Supports
Flamengo
What? United the only decent team? Then why United didn't beat many of the other non-decent teams that City beat? Stop with clubism.
They are yet to be challenged by a proper team.
People said this about Guardiola's Barcelona in 2009... It was only when Barcelona beat United in the final that people recognized how good that team was. Oh, and Messi also couldn't play against a good defense before that final...

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Champions League Final

Who are we rooting for?
Anything Man City do is pretty meaningless and doesn’t really affect me. I just hate what they mean for the league, but I don’t really care when they win something.

On the other hand, Liverpool escaping a horrendous season with the CL would be absolutely gutting.

City for the 5-0 win.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Anything Man City do is pretty meaningless and doesn’t really affect me. I just hate what they mean for the league, but I don’t really care when they win something.

On the other hand, Liverpool escaping a horrendous season with the CL would be absolutely gutting.

City for the 5-0 win.
You want City to out do your treble ???

Judas

Open to offers
It will happen one day, it's inevitable. I think we've all resigned ourselves to it on a certain level, I know I have. It'll never mean the same, and that's a view shared by football fans in general I think, City winning things will always feel empty due to what they are.

stevoc

What? United the only decent team? Then why United didn't beat many of the other non-decent teams that City beat? Stop with clubism.
Because no club wins every game they play, isn't that obvious?

teteus

Supports
Flamengo
Because no club wins every game they play, isn't that obvious?
Then why isn't the same thing true for Guardiola's City? Why are you guys now knocking City all the time because they lost to United? No team wins every game they play. But that logic only applies to United, not City...

The match against United is City's only loss since late November! And City was in a row of 14 consecutive wins in PL, 21 for all competitions before losing against United and City won their games since. Even if United wins the game in hand, City would still be 11 points above United!

And I'm not a troll. I just can't accept the amount of shit takes insanely biased to United.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Then why isn't the same thing true for Guardiola's City? Why are you guys now knocking City all the time because they lost to United? No team wins every game they play. But that logic only applies to United, not City...

The match against United is City's only loss since late November! And City was in a row of 14 consecutive wins in PL, 21 for all competitions before losing against United and City won their games since. Even if United wins the game in hand, City would still be 11 points above United!

And I'm not a troll. I just can't accept the amount of shit takes insanely biased to United.
Are you for real, comes on a United Forum and wonders why it's insanely biased towards United? :houllier:

Why are we always knocking City, because we fecking hate them & everything they stand for.

You really are a troll, aren't you? :lol:

stevoc

Well I haven't commented on city at all but I don't see much wrong with someone speculating that they might struggle with the top sides in Europe if United can out play them.

United haven't won every game because we struggle against teams that pack 10 men behind the ball which we are playing against regularly these days. Just because United don't win every game doesn't mean they're not a decent team.

Red Star One

Champions League Final

Who are we rooting for?
There's no rooting because at that point I am no longer interested in this sport called football I guess, but since City are rather irrelevant I'd probably live if they mauled Liverpool in such final

RooneyLegend

Bayern will sort em out. They simply aren't clinical enough to beat a side like that.

copen1945

Hopefully, next season, we won't have to discuss the preferred favorite between City and Liverpool in CL while United compete in Europa League.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
The treble won’t stop being special to me. And it was won with a great team. A mix of players that was brilliantly sewn together by the greatest manager of all time.

It was far more authentic and real than anything City will ever do. It just doesn’t annoy me as much as Liverpool winning anything. Genuine apathy.

teteus

Supports
Flamengo
Well I haven't commented on city at all but I don't see much wrong with someone speculating that they might struggle with the top sides in Europe if United can out play them.

United haven't won every game because we struggle against teams that pack 10 men behind the ball which we are playing against regularly these days. Just because United don't win every game doesn't mean they're not a decent team.
United is a good team. That was my never my point of arguing. My problem is with users here saying that United is the only decent team City played, trying to take away City's merits. City is a truly great team

Bwuk

I think they’ll win the CL too.

Bayern is the only real hope to beat them imo.

Paul_Scholes18

Right now I rate the sides for CL.

1 Bayern 35%
2 City 30%
3 Chelsea 10%
4 PSG 10%
5 Liverpool 5%
6 Real Madrid 5%
7 Dortmund 0-5%
8 Porto 0--5%

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
It will happen one day, it's inevitable. I think we've all resigned ourselves to it on a certain level, I know I have. It'll never mean the same, and that's a view shared by football fans in general I think, City winning things will always feel empty due to what they are.
The treble won’t stop being special to me. And it was won with a great team. A mix of players that was brilliantly sewn together by the greatest manager of all time.

It was far more authentic and real than anything City will ever do. It just doesn’t annoy me as much as Liverpool winning anything. Genuine apathy.
Easy to say this after the game:)

Don't worry we got this!

Fluctuation0161

People said this about Guardiola's Barcelona in 2009... It was only when Barcelona beat United in the final that people recognized how good that team was. Oh, and Messi also couldn't play against a good defense before that final...
Clubism? :lol:

There is a definite hierarchy of proper clubs. Just face the fact that City are at the bottom of that hierarchy, franchise FC. A shadow of their former selves back when they were a proper club.

teteus

Supports
Flamengo
Clubism? :lol:

There is a definite hierarchy of proper clubs. Just face the fact that City are at the bottom of that hierarchy, franchise FC. A shadow of their former selves back when they were a proper club.
But I'm not discussing the bigger club. United is absurdly bigger than City. There is no comparison both in England and in Europe. All english clubs are historically behind United. Liverpool is the only exception to such and also the only english club bigger than United.

I was discussing the quality of the teams now.

Borys

Statistics Wizard

Well that's an unpopular opinion. Pretty much every football fan and their grandma knew how good this team was. I remember almost shitting my pants before the game, because I was scared of humiliation and rated our chances on 10% to win it so not a great comparison.

Anyway, nobody argues City currently are a very good team, but the point stands - they are yet to face a worthy opponent.

Siorac

Well that's an unpopular opinion. Pretty much every football fan and their grandma knew how good this team was. I remember almost shitting my pants before the game, because I was scared of humiliation and rated our chances on 10% to win it so not a great comparison.

Anyway, nobody argues City currently are a very good team, but the point stands - they are yet to face a worthy opponent.
He does have a point though: everyone kept downplaying that Barcelona side back then (to be fair, partly because they were unbearably smug about themselves). "Yet to face a worthy opponent" was exactly the talk until the Chelsea semi-final and many saw that opinion vindicated by how that infamous second leg went, the conclusion being that Barca couldn't have done it without the referee.

And then there was that fecking final. Gah.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He does have a point though: everyone kept downplaying that Barcelona side back then (to be fair, partly because they were unbearably smug about themselves). "Yet to face a worthy opponent" was exactly the talk until the Chelsea semi-final and many saw that opinion vindicated by how that infamous second leg went, the conclusion being that Barca couldn't have done it without the referee.

And then there was that fecking final. Gah.
Saying "they are yet to face a worthy opponent" isn't downplaying City. They are a fantastic team, what scares me is they look like playing in 2nd gear yet a level above all opponents.

I don't think they've been properly challenged this year to see what are they capable of, so it'll be very interesting to see how they do in next games.

ExecutionerWasp001

United is absurdly bigger than City. There is no comparison both in England and in Europe. All english clubs are historically behind United. Liverpool is the only exception to such and also the only english club bigger than United.
You are either trolling or know nothing about English football. Which is it?

stevoc

United is a good team. That was my never my point of arguing. My problem is with users here saying that United is the only decent team City played, trying to take away City's merits. City is a truly great team
Yeah they beat other good sides, arguably none were as good as United right now but i get your point it was a great run.

As for City being a truly great team i don't know maybe, they've retained the title which was an achievement but i think they have to add a CL title to be ranked alongside the great United and Liverpool teams.

teteus

Supports
Flamengo
Yeah they beat other good sides, arguably none were as good as United right now but i get your point it was a great run.

As for City being a truly great team i don't know maybe, they've retained the title which was an achievement but i think they have to add a CL title to be ranked alongside the great United and Liverpool teams.
City beat United 2-0 back in December, I don't remember if it was the FA Cup or the League Cup.

City is a great team. If you are talking about being an all-time great side, though, that's another matter. They really need to win the UCL.

You are either trolling or know nothing about English football. Which is it?
Well, United won 20 national leagues and Liverpool won 19.

Liverpool won 6 UCLs and United won 3.

It's simple math that Liverpool is bigger. The gap in UCLs is quite big while the gap in national leagues is minimal. UCL is obviously bigger than national league.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
City beat United 2-0 back in December, I don't remember if it was the FA Cup or the League Cup.

City is a great team. If you are talking about being an all-time great side, though, that's another matter. They really need to win the UCL.

Well, United won 20 national leagues and Liverpool won 19.

Liverpool won 6 UCLs and United won 3.

It's simple math that Liverpool is bigger. The gap in UCLs is quite big while the gap in national leagues is minimal. UCL is obviously bigger than national league.
Clear WUM.