Vincent Kompany: Man City quadruple a matter of time | Next year?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Believe it or not, I'm being sincere and I'm showing facts to reach my conclusions. Feel free to disagree and explain why you do so.
Here's a fact, you're a WUM who's wasting his free time posing as United fan on a United forum, you weirdo. Believe it or not, I'm being sincere and I'm showing facts to reach my conclusions. Feel free to disagree and explain why you do so.

teteus

Supports
Flamengo
Here's a fact, you're a WUM who's wasting his free time posing as United fan on a United forum, you weirdo. Believe it or not, I'm being sincere and I'm showing facts to reach my conclusions. Feel free to disagree and explain why you do so.
I'm not a United fan, I'm a Flamengo supporter. I'm here just to talk about football overall and I'm not clashing with anyone. I look to be respectful

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm not a United fan, I'm a Flamengo supporter. I'm here just to talk about football overall and I'm not clashing with anyone. I look to be respectful
You look to be respectful by coming on a United fan's forum and telling them their biggest rivals are a bigger club? Ok buddy. Ok. You've already been called out a number of times so it's pretty obvious what your schtick is.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Believe it or not, I'm being sincere and I'm showing facts to reach my conclusions. Feel free to disagree and explain why you do so.
Why wouldn't you include FA Cup wins to see who's won more between United and Liverpool? It's the most prestigious domestic cup in the world.

stevoc

City beat United 2-0 back in December, I don't remember if it was the FA Cup or the League Cup.
Well i was talking about City's run in the league mostly.

City is a great team. If you are talking about being an all-time great side, though, that's another matter. They really need to win the UCL.
I am.

Liverpool won 6 UCLs and United won 3.

It's simple math that Liverpool is bigger.
If it worked like that Forest would be a bigger club than Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, City, Spurs and Newcastle. Basically everyone but United and Liverpool. But they aren't because it doesn't work like that.

copen1945

I will have to root for Everton, Dortmund and Spurs, for next several weeks, at least. Hopefully, Solskjaer would win the European silverware and stop the 'becoming Arsenal' trend.

Chipper

Adulterer.
If it worked like that Forest would be a bigger club than Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, City, Spurs and Newcastle. Basically everyone but United and Liverpool. But they aren't because it doesn't work like that.
He didn't say it worked like that did he? For it to even look like he did you had to delete the part of his post when he first listed the number league titles for each and also the part when he said that the gap in league titles was minimal but the gap in Champions league larger so it made the difference as it's a bigger trophy.

Why the dishonesty? It's ridiculous, we can all read it, and even if the guy is a WUM it's you who's coming across worse.

Ladron de redcafe

You aren't. You're a City supporter masquerading as a neutral. And you aren't even clever enough to be inconspicuous about it. That's why you've been called out on it by plenty.

Giggsyking

They can win whatever they want. They will always be the same small club. The day the sheikh get bored and sell the club they will vanish into mediocrity.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
They can win whatever they want. They will always be the same small club. The day the sheikh get bored and sell the club they will vanish into mediocrity.
No they won't, in 20 years people will speak of them like they speak of Milan today. No one mentions their sugar daddy origins

stevoc

He didn't say it worked like that did he? For it to even look like he did you had to delete the part of his post when he first listed the number league titles for each and also the part when he said that the gap in league titles was minimal but the gap in Champions league larger so it made the difference as it's a bigger trophy.

Why the dishonesty? It's ridiculous, we can all read it, and even if the guy is a WUM it's you who's coming across worse.
:lol:

Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning?

Dishonesty. :lol:

I replied to that at 2 in the morning. I've probably misread it at the time.

Still one team winning a few more European cups doesn't automatically make them a bigger club.

Last edited:

hubbuh

No they won't, in 20 years people will speak of them like they speak of Milan today. No one mentions their sugar daddy origins
Casual 'fans' of football probably aren't even aware that the likes of PSG, City etc. are the playthings of oil states. People that spend hours of their lives discussing football in depth tend to remember details like that. Some people will, some people won't.

Chipper

Adulterer.
:lol:

Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning?

Dishonesty. :lol:

I replied to that at 2 in the morning. I've probably misread it at the time.

Still one team winning a few more European cups doesn't automatically make them a bigger club.
Nobody did,. I've no idea what else to call pressing the quote button, deleting the majority of what was said in order to isolate a sentence so you can remove context before deliberately misconstruing the meaning of what was written, twisting words and constructing a crap strawman argument.

Again, it doesn't matter that you think one team winning a few more European cups doesn't automatically make them a bigger club because there's still nobody who said that.

stevoc

Nobody did,. I've no idea what else to call pressing the quote button, deleting the majority of what was said in order to isolate a sentence so you can remove context before deliberately misconstruing the meaning of what was written, twisting words and constructing a crap strawman argument.

Again, it doesn't matter that you think one team winning a few more European cups doesn't automatically make them a bigger club because there's still nobody who said that.
Now you're misinterpreting my post. And yes someone did say that. From the context of my post I'm obviously referring to the claim that Liverpool are a bigger club than United.

What did they do to your cornflakes then?

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
Liverpool haven't won 6 Champion Leagues, a number of them were European Cups which were a purely knockout competition, so if you're including them, then you should be including the main domestic knockout competition, the FA Cup, otherwise it's not including the multiple focuses big teams have throughout the season.

It's why doubles, triples and quadruples are so impressive.

Dr. StrangeHate

They are not a bad bet to win it this year. If I forget the sports washing/rival aspect of it for a second, I have to say they play football like it should be played. You can feel their players enjoy being out there and expressing themselves. They are not just grinding results out.

ExecutionerWasp001

It's simple math that Liverpool is bigger. The gap in UCLs is quite big while the gap in national leagues is minimal. UCL is obviously bigger than national league.
What about the 77K stadium sold out every week, the 650 Mill global fanbase, the highest turnover of any English club. If Liverpool were ahead of us on any of these metrics they may be able to lay claim to being the biggest club in England as the trophy hauls of both clubs are close. As it is they are miles behind us on the aforementioned metrics.

Trophies alone don't make a club big. City have won lot's in the last 10 years & they are still considered the smallest club in the top 6.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
What about the 77K stadium sold out every week, the 650 Mill global fanbase, the highest turnover of any English club. If Liverpool were ahead of us on any of these metrics they may be able to lay claim to being the biggest club in England as the trophy hauls of both clubs are close. As it is they are miles behind us on the aforementioned metrics.

Trophies alone don't make a club big. City have won lot's in the last 10 years & they are still considered the smallest club in the top 6.
Nah Spurs are considered a smaller club than City.

SER19

Actually think people will be surprised by how comfortably this happens this season. If you can't see the difference in fitness vs fatigue at this point against every single team they play then you're not even watching. They will coast to it with the most minor scare against whatever ordinary bayern or psg team they face

Paul_Scholes18

I have a feeling that Chelsea will stop them unless Bayern or us do it.

Either in CL final or Fa cup final haha.

SER19

I have a feeling that Chelsea will stop them unless Bayern or us do it.

Either in CL final or Fa cup final haha.
No chance. If you watched the last 20 tonight the difference in fitness is insane. They're an excellent team but don't even have to perform that well to win comfortably.

Everton bench today: Tryer, Broahead, Onyango, John, Leban, Davies, Nkounkou, Davies, Keane

City: Ederson, Mahrez, De Bruyne, Aguero, Cancelo, Rodri, Torres, Mendy, Stones

0-0 late on. Who's winning?

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

No chance. If you watched the last 20 tonight the difference in fitness is insane. They're an excellent team but don't even have to perform that well to win comfortably.
I don't think City looked that great recently in terms of resiting counters.
Bayern more impressive overall I think, but we will see.

Also Chelsea can rotate the forwards as well and will do it.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
They're gonna win the lot.
Worst thing to happen to English football unfortunately.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They usually screw up in Europe. We need to believe that happens again.

Paul_Scholes18

They're gonna win the lot.
Worst thing to happen to English football unfortunately.
Still I think they got maybe 30% chance to win CL.
60% Fa cup
85% League cup.

Add it all together and it is like 1/10 still. Maybe higher since if they find form it increase odds for it all, but 1/7 at best.

Bet365 got it like around 1/10, but of course the reality could be different.

Last edited:

Ladron de redcafe

Still I think they got maybe 30% chance to win CL.
60% Fa cup
85% League cup.

Add it all together and it is like 1/10 still. Maybe higher since if they find form it increase odds for it all, but 1/7 at best.
I think it's unlikely as well. They have to play Bayern over 2 legs and then will have a tough final if they manage to get through.

In the FA cup, United and Chelsea could ruin things for them.

Paddy B

Supports
Manchester City
A City v United final would be a great game. For that to happen one of us is gonna have to beat Chelsea. On present form that will be a very tough task.

Ludens the Red

So if these cnuts win the quadruple I win £1300, due to some pre season arse covering bets. I thought no chance all season but now I think it might happen :eek:. My instinct seeing their result today (as I didn’t watch) was a sigh but then I was like but there is that money.

Paul_Scholes18

So if these cnuts win the quadruple I win £1300, due to some pre season arse covering bets. I thought no chance all season but now I think it might happen :eek:. My instinct seeing their result today (as I didn’t watch) was a sigh but then I was like but there is that money.
How much money did you get from initial odds. Around 100? I guess CL 5, League cup 3, Fa cup 3 and League 3?

Last edited:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Congratulations Leroy, you've won, I hope you enjoy the money.

Dear God, what a sad pathetic life.

gibers

They won't win the cl. I'll be surprised if they beat Dortmund and Bayern would finish them off if they make it to the SF.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Can we wait for them to win at least a Double before people start freaking out? They will win the league, but there is a better team in their way to the CL (Bayern), hopefully us in the way of the FA Cup, and a second season, wounded, underdog Jose side waiting for them in the League Cup final.

Anything can happen in football, but a lot of things need to happen for them to win more than two trophies this year.