Violence in France

VP

Those cnuts are fecking idiots, they should have kissed the flag if anything given how crucial our airforces were in the battle of Britain. Polish hools gonna be ultra mad about this and they have every right to be.
They have every right to be?!

Surely after two world wars you Europeans should realize how pointless nationalism can be.

They shouldn't have done it but they're clearly smashed - I actually doubt any of them even recognised the flag.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
They have every right to be?!

Surely after two world wars you Europeans should realize how pointless nationalism can be.

They shouldn't have done it but they're clearly smashed - I actually doubt any of them even recognised the flag.
It's not nationalism, I'm far from that. 'They have every right to be mad about it' doesn't equate 'they should fight the English' because they shouldn't I still have every right to call them pricks for stamping on the flag - that's my right as, you know, some people are proud of their country's history. It's where uneducated fools mistake 'nationalism' for 'ignorance'. I'm not sure many of those who mock the Polish flag know there's a massive chance they would be now speaking German language if it wasn't for 303 Squadron, to paraphrase English historician - Andy Saunders.

Tomuś

And to be honest I don't know how 'smashed' would I have to be not to distinguish between major European flags. It's not an English flag, though, I perhaps so there will be comments like 'you're too sensitive towards your country'. I don't believe those have an agenda towards the Polish but they shouldn't be stamping on it anyway. Just like we, the Poles, would not offend The Hungarians however pissed we would be.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
They don't respresent the feelings of rest of us. My personal experience of Polish people (in the UK) is them being expected to work 16-hour shifts with no overtime rate; so, obviously, life's a bowl of bleedin' cherries for them.

welshwingwizard

It's not nationalism, I'm far from that. 'They have every right to be mad about it' doesn't equate 'they should fight the English' because they shouldn't I still have every right to call them pricks for stamping on the flag - that's my right as, you know, some people are proud of their country's history. It's where uneducated fools mistake 'nationalism' for 'ignorance'. I'm not sure many of those who mock the Polish flag know there's a massive chance they would be now speaking German language if it wasn't for 303 Squadron, to paraphrase English historician - Andy Saunders.
Due respect your anger over the actions may be because the English hooligan's failed to appreciate the importance of the 303 Squadron during WW2, however I doubt that will enter the minds of Polish hooligans. Although if it does then I congratulate you on the intelligent breed of hooligan you have over there.

And as a clearly clever individual, I also think you are well aware that the suggestion that Polish hooligans have every right to be annoyed about disrespecting the flag also implies (whilst not condoning) that they will take it out on the English through violence.

Tomuś

Gonna be first person on here to lambast Polish hooligans if they attack the English through that, I assure you. It's pathetic, though, how every tiny thing done against the English pride feelings is a travesty yet every thing they do to show the lack of respect is like 'hey, they are smashed, innit?'. I'm done with the thread there's no common sense to be gained from it.

EDIT: I know most of the English hate the action of their minority (although I haven't seen anyone saying that, funny that) and again, I don't condone any sort of violence so stop sticking to that stupid excuse.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Exactly, instead of arguing over nationality we should do the right and honorable thing......and gang up on the chelsea fan :D
Don't start on me for gods sake. Especially about politics. Oh all right then. I'm voting out!

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I wouldn't care if a big large fat fella danced naked in front of me whilst ramming the Welsh flag up his hoop and singing songs about molesting sheep.

That's my input into this thread, am I on the winning side? Or are we not arguing about flags any more?

nick2004

And to be honest I don't know how 'smashed' would I have to be not to distinguish between major European flags. It's not an English flag, though, I perhaps so there will be comments like 'you're too sensitive towards your country'. I don't believe those have an agenda towards the Polish but they shouldn't be stamping on it anyway. Just like we, the Poles, would not offend The Hungarians however pissed we would be.
You should always remind yourself that there are worse incidents between "fans" of teams that belong to the same country.

Drunken hooligans do not belong to a civilized society, and there is no point trying to find logic in the actions.

Needham

This thread is turning into an Ireland supporters love-in. Which isn't the point. More violence please and less lovable Irish.

RoyH1

It seems that the violence has died down. I wonder how much it's related to fans taking it easier after the nasty first week, the French police wising up or the exit of 'certain' teams.

Blatzo

It seems that the violence has died down. I wonder how much it's related to fans taking it easier after the nasty first week, the French police wising up or the exit of 'certain' teams.
Those bloody Swedes :D

Mitser

Russia hosting the 2018 WC ..... should be great, get bashed before the game, then get locked up by the Russian authorities for complaining, and bashed again.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
No bump required. Russia out, no justification for those using the national team as an excuse to be there not to have flown home already.