Virgil van Dijk | Performances

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Thought he was mostly good tbf, the Lord only knows why he wasn't playing RCB to help Trent out though. I get that LCB is a harder position to play, but putting Gomez and Trent next to each other down our stronger side was just asking for trouble.

If it weren't for Allison they'd have been royally fecked. He was MotM in my book which says a lot about the game.

Real Name

Thought he was mostly good tbf, the Lord only knows why he wasn't playing RCB to help Trent out though. I get that LCB is a harder position to play, but putting Gomez and Trent next to each other down our stronger side was just asking for trouble.

If it weren't for Allison they'd have been royally fecked. He was MotM in my book which says a lot about the game.
Yeah, had 2 great saves from I remember, Eriksen free kick and Rashford shot near the left post, right after his goal.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Seems like he'd genuinely rather stand there trying to look calm and authoritative than dive in and potentially look foolish/desperate.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's like overnight strikers realised that he never actually tries to close anyone down, but stands there watching hoping they make a mistake.
Which when faced by his sheer reputation they used to quite often.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Gomez is an absolute fright next to him, to be fair. Unsure any defensive partner could look composed next to Gomez in this form. And to think we had posters here wanking over Gomez not so long ago (“England’s best centre-back” etc.) Jesus wept.

GMoore23

Not in the same league as the likes of Stam, Terry, Rio and Vidic.
A great player for 2 seasons and there's pundits who have him in the PL all time 11. The most overrated cb in history.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I just love it when players go from 'best ever' to... this overnight.
It's quite something to be fair (as long as it's not one of our own).

At this rate they should probably be looking at replacing him by the time next season comes around.

KjaAnd

Completely humiliated tonight. He looks like someone who has bought in to his own hype and believes 80 % effort is enough. Lazy tracking back and marking his man.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Was it Owen who said he's up there with Baresi? :lol:

The hype he received was fecking ridiculous but expected from the Liverpool loving media.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I reckon Pickford has a huge part to play in VVD decline.
No, because he was good last season. He’s just not as good as the GOAT levels given to him. A great defender that plays in an era of not so great defenders has elevated him to a status he should never have got to. His errors this season have nothing to do with an injury he received.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
How much is him playing worse and how much is him being exposed because the team around him isn't giving the same protection?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
No one's fall has delighted me more than this arrogant cnuts. A far cry from his days of shouting in oppo players faces when he'd successfully tackle them.
He’s actually a really nice humble guy