Virgil van Dijk | VVD throws a hissy fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

3KDré

Liverhampton at it again. That's Van Dijk, Lallana, Clyne, Lovren and Mané for their first team alone.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Didn't realise he's been injured since January.

Ah, feck him.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Lets not be coy, this would be a very good signing for them. They've been so awful defensively for ages, this signing should address that. Unbelievable in fact if he has chosen Liverpool over genuine trophy-challengers like City or Chelsea (I doubt we were ever involved, not that that's the point).

Surely Klopp must start coming under pressure to win something if he starts making signings of this size though?

Sparky Rhiwabon

Liverhampton at it again. That's Van Dijk, Lallana, Clyne, Lovren and Mané for their first team alone.
Surely the Premier League or whoever need to start looking into this, it's becoming a feeder club situation - is that allowed within the same league?

Sparky Rhiwabon

Great signing for Liverpool though - one of the very top centre backs in the Premier League for sure.

wolvored

Lets not be coy, this would be a very good signing for them. They've been so awful defensively for ages, this signing should address that. Unbelievable in fact if he has chosen Liverpool over genuine trophy-challengers like City or Chelsea (I doubt we were ever involved, not that that's the point).

Surely Klopp must start coming under pressure to win something if he starts making signings of this size though?
I think they will expect a cup at least. Next season will be 2 1/2 seasons and at least halfway through his contract.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
£65 million for this donkey :lol:.

He's a good defender but nowhere near top class.

Garethw

Just decided to throw a random figure in there did you? :lol:
£60 million then. It's still ridiculously over priced for the Dutch donkey. You'd be much better off buying two players for that price.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
£60 million then. It's still ridiculously over priced for the Dutch donkey. You'd be much better off buying two players for that price.
I'd be surprised if we pay more than £50m, but let's see how it pans out. Like I said in the Liverpool thread, as long as it doesn't affect our ability to sign our other top targets (fingers crossed for Keita), I couldn't care less about the fee.

Garethw

I'd be surprised if we pay more than £50m, but let's see how it pans out. Like I said in the Liverpool thread, as long as it doesn't affect our ability to sign our other top targets (fingers crossed for Keita), I couldn't care less about the fee.
With the insane money rolling into PL clubs these days, this deal will probably be considered cheap in a few seasons time.

Klopp looks like he means business this summer mate.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Just decided to throw a random figure in there did you? :lol:
If the BBC can do it, so can the Caf :lol:

I'm a big fan of him, and really wanted him from Celtic. Saw him and Denayer play together when they played against Aberdeen when I lived up there. Adam Rooney, who is a hefty lad, just bounced off him all game. He barely broke a sweat. He took the piss out of that league.

I'll be a bit jealous of Liverpool get him, but I wouldn't want us to pay £70m for him though. For £80m, I'd be expecting Sergio Ramos, and even then, £90m is too much to spend on a defender.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I'll be a bit jealous of Liverpool get him, but I wouldn't want us to pay £70m for him though. For £80m, I'd be expecting Sergio Ramos, and even then, £90m is too much to spend on a defender.
:lol:

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Not overly bothered about this, I'm more than happy with bailly, Rojo and lindalof (if we sign him)

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Why are we hung up on the fee here?

Like we've said about our club, if we can afford it and it doesn't hinder our other targets, so what?

What we've got right now is a back and forth. He good, he's shite... Etc

I think in 12 months we'll regret this. But let's just wait and see.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Intent. If nothing else, this is possibly the biggest show of intent in the market Liverpool have shown for years. In terms of competing for a signature, it's possibly Liverpool's biggest signing since Collymore.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Surely the Premier League or whoever need to start looking into this, it's becoming a feeder club situation - is that allowed within the same league?
Eh? Feeder clubs don't usually hold the parent club to such high fees.

It's a free market...buy from whom you wish

Baxter

Not arsed at all about Liverpool getting him. To be perfectly honest I don't think he's much better than Smalling or Jones so don't see much point in us spending a fortune to get him.

Wayne's World

He'd be a fantastic signing for the Dippers and he's a much more better player the Lindelof.

Can see this being something we regret that we didn't go in for

R'hllor

Holy shit every 10 min,amount Liverpool is paying for this guy rises for 10 mil. :lol:

stevoc

Van Djik is quality. The same people were laughing at Mane last year. Hes 24 and already one of the best in the league. The 50m spread over 7-8 years will look like a great investment if he lives up to his potential.
Nope he's 26 in a few weeks.

Bojan11

He's earning 1 million a week.

800,000 of that will be paid in UT coins.

Status
Not open for further replies.