Vitor Ferreira aka Vitinha

OpenIntrovert

If that's the case, then I think by the end of next season we'll realise we need a AM as well.
We have at least 5 my man. Fernandes, Van De Beek, Fred (yes he is a AM, he is playing out of position due to his defensive workrate), Sancho (he can also play as an AM), Pereira (Don't forget him), Hannibal, Shoretire etc etc. We had so much options in AM that we had trouble trying to fit Van De Beek into the current squad.

captaincantona

Chruyffist and bielsist managers(to oversimplify) in general will bring system players for specific roles. Its easier to get things to work with this approuch. Its different when you just try to emulate Real Madrid and sign big names with no clear tactical justification.
Not being argumentative but ETH himself worryingly said he would play to the strength of the squad he had available...that’s Man Utd language for...the board have told him he can’t have the players he wants because they don’t have a profile Utd can market... so he needs to make it work With the players he has and one or two additions.

TheDosser56

Totally out of the blue this signing ala Anderson and Nani

I'm here for those vibes of signing a player nobody knows about!

De Jong and Barca can swivel on it. £32M bargain right here!

how's ya nerve Barca?! Your cash cow is looking at alternatives to De Jong with this Portuguese wonder kid!

OpenIntrovert

Not being argumentative but ETH himself worryingly said he would play to the strength of the squad he had available...that’s Man Utd language for...the board have told him he can’t have the players he wants because they don’t have a profile Utd can market... so he needs to make it work With the players he has and one or two additions.
Or it could be that ETH has analyzed the squad very well and he knows that they are not performing up to standards, as seen in 20/21 season. The problems I observed last season were not due to lack of talent, but fitness and confidence issues. For all we know, the recovery to full fitness and results not going your way could have broken some of the players.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Mmm..My english is not shakespearean, let alone my Dutch-glish.
Last time I checked the Cruyff family (Cruijff if you want to speak proper dutchglish) don’t feature in any of the bards many works. Though they should. Your language doesn’t have to be on point to spell someone’s name correctly. One word; Google.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
It could also mean that he's aware we can't bring in 11 new players so he will have to look at what the strengths of the team are when he's brought in whoever he's thinking of getting in this summer.
Over time he will hopefully get closer and closer to his vision as more players are brought in and others are leaving.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We have at least 5 my man. Fernandes, Van De Beek, Fred (yes he is a AM, he is playing out of position due to his defensive workrate), Sancho (he can also play as an AM), Pereira (Don't forget him), Hannibal, Shoretire etc etc. We had so much options in AM that we had trouble trying to fit Van De Beek into the current squad.
My man, we don't have a single first team AM that is suited to positional play like Vitinha. VdB might be able to provide that ability but he doesn't have the potential ability of Vitinha. And the only player who looks to have that ability that is on the club's books is Hannibal, but he's still very young.

Conor

Last time I checked the Cruyff family (Cruijff if you want to speak proper dutchglish) don’t feature in any of the bards many works. Though they should. Your language doesn’t have to be on point to spell someone’s name correctly. One word; Google.
Keep fighting the good fight of pointing out spelling mistakes on the internet, you are a true hero.

Grande

Uy/uij is a written difference in Dutch, not a spoken one, and I believe both are accepted to interchange to a very large degree.

Everyone knows that Henry V is really Johan, Jordi is VI.

And two and a half words: Doubtful semi-colon.

Charles Miller

Yes, i understand your point.

But this isn't something to worry about. I have no doubt ETH really believe on what he said. Its the logical approuch. There is no realistic scenario where we could change too many names in the squad in the short term. In the modern football, if you defend and attack with the system and not with a combination of individual actions, any fit and motivated player will do well. Its also on the manager to get the better version out of the squad.

tidraKS

He looks good, I wouldn't mind a midfield of Fred-Vitinha-Frenkie at all. I've always loved 4-3-3 as a formation.

Bondi77

There's a bit of Mata too him. As in his legs seem to move incredibly fast without covering much distance
Quick legs but small steps??......sounds like he might cause a bit of friction!

Bondi77

He seems like a right footed Bernando Silva, would be happy with him. I have to say I am very happy with the players we are getting linked with, there seems to be a required standard of technical ability in them. Have to wait and see who we end up with but from the ones we've been linked with so far, I'd be happy with majority of them.
We could make two teams with the players we have been linked with!

Blood Mage

We haven't spent months preparing a bid yet, so we won't be signing him.

Ekeke

Good passing technical CM

Edit - I guess I downplayed how good I think he is. I think he's better than Ruben Neves and although Vitinha would be my 2nd choice for the passing CM signing behind Enzo Fernandez from River Plate its only because I expect he'd cost half as much so he'd be a better deal. Vitinha is probably better at this point. And I think De Jong would probably do no better than the other 2 but would cost at least twice as much as either of them, or more than both combined, but he has a higher profile and we tend to sign players for that reason rather than what would make the most financial sense on the pitch.

Vitinha reminds me of Banega in some ways on the pitch, I havent heard of him being problematic off of it like him which is good.

Last edited:

poleglass red

we seem to be getting linked with players who could occupy similar roles to Bruno. There is this chap and Eriksen. Certainly in the links with Eriksen, he wouldn't be interested if he wasn't going to be starting regularly. Maybe a different role this season for Bruno

Tavern in the town

Utter rubbish. We have spent hundreds of millions on players who aren’t marketable. Our club captain cost 80 million and is dull as a doorknob.

ash_86

I’m in the dark about this one, but a very enjoyable highlight reel. He seems to have great touch, quick first step, good delivery and work rate, and ability to play all across the midfield. What I’d like someone to tell me is what kind of players he needs to have around him to compliment him.
Yeah, his passing seems to be spot on so his decision making , even in front of goal. I'm also curious to see which slots he fits in? I suppose same slot as FDJ?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
we seem to be getting linked with players who could occupy similar roles to Bruno. There is this chap and Eriksen. Certainly in the links with Eriksen, he wouldn't be interested if he wasn't going to be starting regularly. Maybe a different role this season for Bruno
Bruno could be utilised as a wide play-maker and Vitinha as a central attacking midfielder.

But like I keep saying, we need to put the correct pieces in the correct places to create a team that will fit the vision of the head coach. So the profile of player is important, and it's why de Gea has been banished by Luis Enrique and Wan Bissaka's slide tackles aren't enough to save his United career according to reports. And if the aim is to play in the opponent's half, then it's important to control the game with and without the ball, and not all players are best suited to doing that. So the head coach will likely have to be patient at the start.

Last edited:

Grande

Yeah, his passing seems to be spot on so his decision making , even in front of goal. I'm also curious to see which slots he fits in? I suppose same slot as FDJ?
Going by what I saw, he might fill any slot centrally (6-8-10), and maybe even wide, but he’d probably need different players around him, depending. He seems to me too similar to Bruno for them to play as a 10 and a wide player together. Holds onto ball, looking for decisive passes, few casses of one-touch football. He could play as an 8 beside a Matic or Kante, but maybe not beside a De Jong? He could play as a 6, but would probably need a McTominay or similar type beside him? I don’t know. I was hoping som who follow Porto could shed light.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Feels like Liverpool.

Great player!
It could be Liverpool, and since Klopp brought the Dutch coach (Ljinders) into his backroom staff, his team has started to control the game in possession as well. So players like Thiago and Vitinha are a better fit in his current team than the heavy metal approach of his Dortmund team.

Aeryis

I mean it is the position of a lot users on this forum that Bruno struggles with possession, at the very least he is very erratic with it and he's not a good dribbler at all. It's something that fans outside of United realize as well. The assumption for people that want Bruno to remain a key part of the club is that ten hag will be able to coach him to not be as erratic as he has been for the past 2 years (especially the season that just ended, jesus). The assumption for fans that want Bruno to be phased out is that we'll have to buy midfielder(s) to phase Bruno next season. I mean if there's validity to these links to attacking midfielders whom can play Bruno's role with the addition of skillsets Bruno doesn't have (dictating play, retaining possession, short passing excellence) then perhaps ten Hag's position on Bruno shifts to the position of the latter users.

In my eyes, if ten hag is absolutely hellbent on playing possession football then honestly it makes sense why we're being linked to these sort of midfielders.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Uy/uij is a written difference in Dutch, not a spoken one, and I believe both are accepted to interchange to a very large degree.

Everyone knows that Henry V is really Johan, Jordi is VI.

And two and a half words: Doubtful semi-colon.
Thanks for the tip, although I kinda guessed it would be pronounced the same.
I had no idea until today that Johan and Jordi are both middle names, and if first names were used Johan would have played for us in the 90’s and Henrik is his dad.:D
I did however bother to take the few seconds to look it up! ;)

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Vitamin A is much needed for a midfield who can't discern between shirt colours when they pass the ball around.

Grande

Thanks for the tip, although I kinda guessed it would be pronounced the same.
I had no idea until today that Johan and Jordi are both middle names, and if first names were used Johan would have played for us in the 90’s and Henrik is his dad.:D
I did however bother to take the few seconds to look it up! ;)
The Dutch are mad with their names, just ask Aloysius Paulus Maria. For anyone having watched Shakespeare’s History plays, I don’t think there can be any doubt that he based Hal V on Hendrik Johannes C, and just hid it under a historical referance to avoid caousing a stir as was usual in the day.

Vapor trail

Rate him very highly, he and Gakpo are two I followed in parts throughout the season. Especially where Goncalves form took a noise dive he's looked absolutely brilliant. If Vitinha is being targeted alongside a FDJ that is surely a 3 man midfield for next season ?

Blood Mage

I will take anyone over the prospect of Scott McTominay starting games for us next season.

RPT_Reddevil

From the highlights look like a tidy technical player. Encouraging signs that we are being linked with the right kind of players.

Still very early days though to be reading too much into these rumors.