Vitor Ferreira aka Vitinha

poleglass red

I mean it is the position of a lot users on this forum that Bruno struggles with possession, at the very least he is very erratic with it and he's not a good dribbler at all. It's something that fans outside of United realize as well. The assumption for people that want Bruno to remain a key part of the club is that ten hag will be able to coach him to not be as erratic as he has been for the past 2 years (especially the season that just ended, jesus). The assumption for fans that want Bruno to be phased out is that we'll have to buy midfielder(s) to phase Bruno next season. I mean if there's validity to these links to attacking midfielders whom can play Bruno's role with the addition of skillsets Bruno doesn't have (dictating play, retaining possession, short passing excellence) then perhaps ten Hag's position on Bruno shifts to the position of the latter users.

In my eyes, if ten hag is absolutely hellbent on playing possession football then honestly it makes sense why we're being linked to these sort of midfielders.
totally agree. must add, I'm not a huge Bruno fan. When Bruno signed his new contract recently, surely we were in advance behind the scenes discussions with ETH at that stage, and would have, hopefully, requested his views on the new contract offer.You get the impression he has okayed the deal. He could be looking players to challenge Bruno, no bad thing, maybe even something as simple as he will increase rotation, which we haven't done with Bruno thus far, maybe a positional change.Could also be a view to phasing him out if he doesn't adapt his game. His incessant need to try and play the killer pass everytime and losing possession has to stop. I think ETH has seen enough that he feels he can work with Bruno's game but no bad thing to have other options as well. Remains to be seen.

RVN1991

Any Portugeezer in here that can enlighten us and give a quick scouting report? Don't really follow Wolves so completely missed his stint there.

Primex

Rate him very highly, he and Gakpo are two I followed in parts throughout the season. Especially where Goncalves form took a noise dive he's looked absolutely brilliant. If Vitinha is being targeted alongside a FDJ that is surely a 3 man midfield for next season ?
how about gakpo ? Is he in the greenwood talent level

bucky

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/p...1-2022-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

This says he averages 3.5 tackles and 2.4 interceptions per 90…that’s higher than Fred!
Those figures would make him one of the best ball-winning midfielders in Europe last season. I don't think those numbers are correct and I don't think the mistake is on statsbomb here, rather the author of the article. In fact, I just checked whoscored and there are only two players with 2.4 interceptions figure per 90 minutes in Portugal last season; Alexandre Penetra and Manuel Ugarte. Ugarte's tackles figure is also similar to the one mentioned in the article. I think the author mixed up Ugarte's defensive numbers with Vitinha's.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Those figures would make him one of the best ball-winning midfielders in Europe last season. I don't think those numbers are correct and I don't think the mistake is on statsbomb here, rather the author of the article. In fact, I just checked whoscored and there are only two players with 2.4 interceptions figure per 90 minutes in Portugal last season; Alexandre Penetra and Manuel Ugarte. Ugarte's tackles figure is also similar to the one mentioned in the article. I think the author mixed up Ugarte's defensive numbers with Vitinha's.
Yeah 1.6 and 1.2 on whoscored. Shame…thought maybe he could play alongside De Jong with those numbers!

bucky

Yeah 1.6 and 1.2 on whoscored. Shame…thought maybe he could play alongside De Jong with those numbers!
That's still solid. Like Adnan and others have said, he's probably our alternative to de Jong, which would be promising.

Vapor trail

how about gakpo ? Is he in the greenwood talent level
Wouldn't say he's Greenwood level of talent in terms of expectation but he's quicker than Mason and has a very good shot. He's 100% the mold of a modern inside forward doesn't have the intuition of a wide player who will hug the touchline.

There were rumours Arsenal were interested in him to play him as a striker and he does seem to have the frame and size to do so in the league. I only watched him mid season when he was in his best form think his contribution tailed off towards the season's end but for me he's got real quality.

Vapor trail

How good is he?
He's quality, him and FDJ in a midfield two would be exceptional for possession. Pedro was the one who everyone was watching for Porto given his influence last season and Vitinha in all regards has upstaged him. I have no recollection of his performances for Wolves but he's very good. I'd take him over Neves (who I rate fairly highly) has more in his arsenal and is mobile.

Higgy74

Supports
Wolves
I watched him while he was with us and he showed absolutely nothing at all to justify the £20m price tag we baulked at that we could have signed him for, that said we also had Gonclaves and he hardly pulled up trees for us before going home homesick and he’s been sensational since leaving, and from what I’ve seen of Vitinha he’s had a very good season.

Don't make me chuckle with the ‘I’d take him over Neves’ statements, I’d take Ruben every day of the week, although they’re different kind of midfielders.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He's quality, him and FDJ in a midfield two would be exceptional for possession. Pedro was the one who everyone was watching for Porto given his influence last season and Vitinha in all regards has upstaged him. I have no recollection of his performances for Wolves but he's very good. I'd take him over Neves (who I rate fairly highly) has more in his arsenal and is mobile.
Good to hear!

Jibbs

Fernandez, him, Fred and FDJ will make a great midfield diamond.

Jibbs

I watched him while he was with us and he showed absolutely nothing at all to justify the £20m price tag we baulked at that we could have signed him for, that said we also had Gonclaves and he hardly pulled up trees for us before going home homesick and he’s been sensational since leaving, and from what I’ve seen of Vitinha he’s had a very good season.

Don't make me chuckle with the ‘I’d take him over Neves’ statements, I’d take Ruben every day of the week, although they’re different kind of midfielders.
Agree. Neves is a proper experienced pro now, who can probably play in any team of the world and wouldn’t feel out of place.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He looks like he could bring similar qualities to FdJ. He's younger and cheaper. Hopefully we are giving this a lot of consideration, because if he's a legit alternative then it will free up a lot more money for us this summer.

Plus....

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/p...1-2022-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

This says he averages 3.5 tackles and 2.4 interceptions per 90…that’s higher than Fred!
These look like pretty incredible stats for a player that has a more attack oriented game.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
There's probably a 99% chance that third club is Wolves.
I don't think so. More likely it's Liverpool as that's the team he was linked with the most before Arsenal and us.

Edit: wrong quote.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
bbbbut I thought we couldn't work on more than one deal at once!

Bojan Djordjic

Liverpool will be highly likely. They sign players based on different metrics and I imagine they will be salivating over those defensive stats from an attacking player.
Doubt Liverpool are buying anyone else after splurging on Darwin Nunez

poleglass red

They must have a larger transfer budget than us?

Plus they'll be selling Mane for £30-40m. If they only had the same budget as us (they won't) then thats about another £100m available.
that Mane money was used to fund move for Nunez. I don't see Liverpool splashing out on anymore targets, remember they signed Diaz for 37 million in Jan and picked up Carvalho also from Fulham

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
that Mane money was used to fund move for Nunez. I don't see Liverpool splashing out on anymore targets, remember they signed Diaz for 37 million in Jan and picked up Carvalho also from Fulham
Is that confirmed? They've not even sold him yet :lol:

They didn't spend much last summer if I recall...perhaps just Konate? The must have a good chunk of money stashed away because I'm sure they're up there now as one of the wealthiest/valuable clubs in the world. In fact I'm pretty sure some lists have us behind them in terms of value now.

Nick7

Interesting, goes to show player development can be so unpredictable.
Yeah you never really know. I'm skeptical of either us or Arsenal being in for this lad though. Seems like the Portuguese press link us with about 10 players from their league every summer

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Interesting, goes to show player development can be so unpredictable.
Id say the likes of Fabio Silva wished he’d stuck a few more years in Portugal and got his game together. He probably could have been transferring to better clubs than wolves by the end of next season if he kept developing. I really don’t see the appeal being backup at a big club when you haven’t made your mark in the game anywhere yet. Would be a similar scenario to amad here. Money talks I guess.