Wan-Bissaka for sale

Red Rash

Would keep him as he is putting in good performances at the moment. Depending on how much possession we are likely to have in a game he will be more suited to the defensive role than Dalot and vice versa

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
If he can continue to progress then I'm fine with him being a rotation player. Given his recent performances, I think United need to go big on a WC striker and midfielder, the rest I think United have depth now.

Some of it could have been coaching with AWB he's starting to look like a better player under ETH.

Frank Grimes

He's done pretty well under Ten Hag over the last few games considering he looked barely a footballer at times last season. Maybe all he did need was some time out to clear his head and some actual coaching/direction from above.
That's it. I also thought he was turned on unfairly when he started hitting bad form. There was no balance in the criticism, it was like he went from being 'we know he's limited' to 'he's useless' within a few months.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Great to see him strut his stuff and I hope he sees this as a fresh start, but I wouldn’t begrudge him leaving for a guaranteed first choice spot elsewhere. He’s been a bit unfortunate.

Norii

This always happens.

We all come to a general agreement that a player isnt good enough and we need an upgrade. They then have a few good games, the club scramble to tie them down to a new contract, they go back to being not very good and....we're stuck with them. Eventually having to loan out or sell for cheap while covering chunks of their wage.

If anything this is a great chance to get more money for AWB. Re-invest that in a exciting young talent who can hold their own, that with Dalot and we are set for a few years.

Bondi77

He just has a really good game against one of the best sides in the world and posters say we should sell him....this forum is batshit crazy! :houllier: :houllier:

Andersons Dietician

He just has a really good game against one of the best sides in the world and posters say we should sell him....this forum is batshit crazy! :houllier: :houllier:
90 mil and I’d consider it. but yeah, given the way he is playing right now and the way Dalot has been going I don’t see why you’d bring anyone in and just let them fight it out unless Bissaka has said he wants to leave.

Zen86

He’s always been a funny one. He can be a lot better on the ball than he believes.

RedorDead21

The feel good factor impacting everyone’s long held opinion I see ha. For the money he cost and his obvious well played out limitations in plenty of games…I think he will be swapped out in the summer. Games like today will help bring in the suitors hopefully.

crossy1686

career ending
Really hope he finds some confidence and kicks on from here. He has something to offer, we saw that today, he just needs to do it more and he can stay.

Mas Risky

He has a role on this team. His problem is not his athleticism or technique but his style of play, which can be changed. For a guy who loves to tackle, he is too casual in defending, lapses in concentration too often, and is too loose in his positioning. I'm confident that with a manager like ten Haag and a functioning defense system, his flaws can be minimized.

AaronRedDevil

Selling him will be very stupid. There's teqms changing plans because of him. Not even shaw scares the wingers like that. Theres no one else like him in the world. His tackling is insane.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
The club better have solid replacement with complete package of talent and steel mentality, before being open to this move.

I understand this is for the sake of better performance in the Champions League.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
His stock won’t get any higher than it is right now. He’s come on leaps and bounds but still has serious limitations.

Being completely objective, it’s right we sell given a healthy offer.

Toblerone92

One of the worst signings we ever did, and one of the worst regular players to have ever played for us.
I find it difficult to take statements like this seriously and it leads me to question if you have even watched any of our games this season?

He has improved going forward and while not a natural on the ball, is certainly not as bad as many people make out. He offers something that nobody else in the squad and maybe even the league can, so the idea he is “one of our worst ever signings” is completely absurd. Get a grip.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Don't think we'll sell him but equally, selling for a big fee to raise funds to replace with Vanderson or Frimpong could be a thing we do. Just to get more wide threat from the right side. Ten Hag has grown to prefer him to Dalot, who is out of contract in 2024. Both are solid, neither are amazing, but given priorities, I think we delay that position.

Leg-End

His stock won’t get any higher than it is right now. He’s come on leaps and bounds but still has serious limitations.

Agreed, this is where we always go wrong when it comes to letting players go at an ideal time.

We need to go up several levels to truly compete, 4-5 months ago we would be giving him away but now he's upped his stock again. If we get a good offer then we should be taking it.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Selling him will be very stupid. There's teqms changing plans because of him. Not even shaw scares the wingers like that. Theres no one else like him in the world. His tackling is insane.
Sure if you want to play on the counter, superb player. If you want to play on the front foot, he's going to severely limit your effectiveness. We should sell him while his stock his relatively high.

FerociousCorgis

Agreed, this is where we always go wrong when it comes to letting players go at an ideal time.

We need to go up several levels to truly compete, 4-5 months ago we would be giving him away but now he's upped his stock again. If we get a good offer then we should be taking it.
yep. Heres a perfect example of what people should be wanting from the club. He raised his stock but still isnt a modern attacking fb. Sell and get that upgrade with the funds.

MrBrightside1989

I'd keep him as a squad option. He is the kind of player you sometimes need in champions league/top of the table clashes.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Think it's more to raise funds than being surplus to requirements. If a good bid comes in it'll be considered but he's certainly not being pushed out.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I’d rather sell dalot. At least this guy can tackle and he’s improving attacking wise. His dribbling as been insane this season aswell. I’m confident having him at rb even against some of the trickier wingers in the league.

I'd think this applies to most of our players. I'm sure ETH would love to find a nailed on plays-every-game right back but until we do that, AWB and Dalot can rotate depending on the game. I'd guess only Bruno, Rashford, Shaw and Martinez of the senior players are off limits. Maybe Casemiro. The rest would be sold if a good offer comes in.

Remember the geese

I can't decide which one I'd rather keep out of him and Dalot. One thing I do know though is that we need a right back who is better than both of them.

Based Adnan

If we want to implement a possesion based system looking to control games then there's no place for AWB in the side

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay

This is what we have failed to do for years now. Hopefully we can get an English tax bonus on him too.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
One of the greatest backs in a 1v1 but average in all other departments in an era where attacking fullbacks reign supreme. Is it really that much of a loss if you replace him with let's say a Frimpong who is the exact opposite but fits ETH's tactics better? We're pretty secure at the back when Varane-Martinez-Shaw play together. Don't forget Dalot looked like our best back in the beginning of the season. They can hold their own, AWB doesn't add a lot unless you sit back and invite pressure. He's a good player for certain occassions but if we get a good bid it's worth considering. He still has his issues in the air and sometimes lacks awareness, especially defending set pieces and brings nothing to the table on the offensive end which also affects Antony.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Surely we have higher priorities if we are likely to be on a limited budget?
Clearing both higher and lesser priorities would be some solid clearout, like never before.

We thought Jose will be ruthless one and he wasn't. Perhaps Erik is ? Either way, interesting summer ahead.