Wanyama's goal

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Deserves a thread:

Hardest hit shot I think I've ever seen, I wasn't even sure it was a goal at first after it bounced straight back out of the net. Absolute stunner.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Shinned it.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Looked like one of the old leg rollers to me.

Fener1907

Wonder how fast that was going. Probably not quite as fast as Klopp prematurely celebrating down the touchline.

DatGuy1993

Reminded me of Essien's vs Arsenal. Though obviously not quite as much swerve. Unreal postage stamp hit though!

BarcaSpurs

When he came on i said to my dad cant wait for him to balloon one high and wide from 30 yards like he always does.... shows me anyway!

el3mel

Stunning goal.

There have been too many great goals this season.

cyberman

Only Redknapp can blame the keeper there.
Goes with his analysis from August to January when he magically inserted VVD into every perfect defensive position to clean up a Liverpool howler.

rotherham_red

Reminded me of Jagielka's rocket at the kop a couple of seasons ago. Cracking strike!

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Bit like that Steven Reid strike for Blackburn a few years ago, but better. Surprised Sky didn't measure the speed of it, they used to love doing that back in the 1990s when Yeboah and Albertz were smashing them in every other week.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
It got Gary Neville all excited in the commentary box so it must be good!

"ooooh.....OOOOOOH"

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
63 mph according to MOTD.

Herald

The Scholes' one against Boro is even better and was harder to execute. And not because it's Scholes. Purely based on the shot itself.

Deleted member 101472

63mph? Sky sports measured Julian dicks Penalty into schmeichel as over 90 IIRC?

paulscholes18

Stunning goal, but why didn’t the keeper catch it or punch it out wide it’s the basic rules of keeping

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
I was behind the goal, and was completely stunned by this goal. Bullet out of nowhere.

Perseus

I was behind the goal, and was completely stunned by this goal. Bullet out of nowhere.
Quite a few contenders for goal of the Month for February already, long shots and individual goals out of nothing. I like the swerve and precise placement. Bolt from the white.

Neves scored stunner for Wolves in the Championship as well.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Don't really have any huge investment in either team so think I'm neutral - that might be the best goal of that type I've ever seen. The footage from the match cam looks fake it moves so fast, then you get the angle from behind and the perfect bend into the top corner...it's basically flawless.

Add in the fact it was so hard it pops back out? Ridiculous.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
What made that ball move so fast was that it was a punch out from the keeper and a long run up by Wanyama. Wanyama as soon as the ball was punched started moving to close down a player; which gave him a perfect run-up.

9/10 times that goes into the stands if he tries it again.

meamth

There are many memorable long range goals but that one is one of the best. In front of the Kop as well, majestic.

"Grandson, when i was young, I scored a peach of a goal against the dippers in front of their beloved old Kop."