Wayne Rooney | 2007-10 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
Rooney is world class, there's no question about it in my opinion. Any hesitation, any question of doubt has definitely been proved wrong this season at last. At long last, the boy has truly arrived! Times in the past one was skeptical about saying it because he wasn't hitting heights that others around him were despite the constant media hype around him labeling him as a once in a generation player.

Even when he has not been at his best throughout the last few seasons (I remember one newspaper asking when we beat Blackburn in 2006 at Old Trafford when is Wayne going to join the party?) he still pulled off moments of magic only he and a few others can do in world football. If it's not the chip against Portsmouth, it's the majestic pass in the Champions League Final 2008 etc.

I'm so happy he's finally doing the business consistently because it feels so refreshing watching a player finally come into his own. Accepting his responsibility and fully delivering. We have basically watched Wayne completely develop as a player, from a raw talent to the complete center forward you see before you who can become a true great of English football.

People would always say, "he's not exciting as he was when he was younger, I miss the old Wayne " etc but he has been adding more and more attributes to his game as every season goes by becoming more and more complete.

He has learnt to know when to play the ball at the right moment, he has worked on his finishing alot, especially his curled shots, something we saw alot last season and he has also worked hard on being in the right areas to finish moves off and runs off the ball.

I remember Phelan criticizing Wayne after the Birmingham game this season, asking him to not drift off in to areas where he's less unlikely to score and I feel ever since then has disciplined himself alot and the goals pretty much speak for himself.

I've always thought some posters on the Cafe have been harsh with some of his performances this season at times, a quality I appreciate about Wayne is that he never stops trying which is why I still rate highly some of his games he has not been as good, he's always on the ball and willing to make things happen. When the going gets tough he doesn't shy from still trying to play the killer pass or the right ball and he has been like this in ever match of this season.

You see this with alot of players, we saw it with Ronaldo, so much potential but when they finally click, finally start producing on a regular basis, there's no better feeling.

I hope we see the same with the likes of Anderson or some of the other younger players one day. Anyway Rooney is World Class, and not many can doubt it now, the boy is finally here and he's here to stay.

King Wayne

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Nice article in The Times today

Wayne Rooney comes of age | Manchester United - Times Online

I won't post the lot because it's quite long but there's this from Roo on moving to United:

Rooney is adamant that United is his club. “Yeah, it is,” he said. “I’m very happy here. My family live 30 minutes away. I’m perfectly happy and there is no reason to play my football anywhere else. Manchester United are the biggest club in the world.” He added that “to this day I’ve no regrets” about leaving Everton to become an Old Trafford employee in 2004, when he was 18.

Rooney has had doubts, however. “For my first couple of years at United, Chelsea looked so strong. They looked impossible to beat and I was thinking, ‘But I came here to win things and I’m not winning anything.’ And then we knew that we, the players, really had to buck ourselves up to challenge them,” he said.

And from Capello on the position issue.

And then there was the influence of Capello. “When I met him for the first time after a few games I spoke with him and asked why he didn’t score more goals. Why? The answer was he was playing too far from goal and that needed to change,” the Italian said. “Now he is playing closer to goal and scoring. Both his goals in the Carling Cup against City [Capello included Ryan Giggs’ first-leg tap-in, which came after a touch from Rooney in the six-yard box] were in an area where I want him to be — close to goal. That is where he can be a dangerous player.”

Myxomatosis

United fan? My arse. WUM masquerades
Been world class today in a huge game. Can't argue with that.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Rooney is truly world class, can't wait until the champions league and the world cup. Would love to see him take this run and get even better.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Rooney is truly world class, can't wait until the champions league and the world cup. Would love to see him take this run and get even better.
Beginning to think playing Rooney up front on his own isn't a 'waste'?

RapidRed

what a sensational performance. A true 10/10 performance if ever there was one.

What a player. what a fecking player. In this kind of form there is no team in the world that can stop him!

Shimo

Sorry he missed the chance at the end to make it 4, so I'll give him 9.9999999999999999999999 :p

CR#7

This form he is on is something else everytime he gets the ball I've got bloody goosebumps he's really turned it up and STAYED UP

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
what a sensational performance. A true 10/10 performance if ever there was one.

What a player. what a fecking player. In this kind of form there is no team in the world that can stop him!
:lol:

Calm down there, he was very good today. Just that we shouldn't get too carried away. He's having a great season though :D

Treble

great performance again, seems to be in the form of his life

M160RA

he could have been a sprinter in the Olympics with that magnificent pass, run and 2nd goal...except no sprinter would have that ability to put the ball into the net.

make the man captain.
I loved how about he busted a lung sprinting from his own half, then does a little skip, takes Nani's pass while still in stride, and emphatically slotted it past Almunia. It was poetic.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Beginning to think playing Rooney up front on his own isn't a 'waste'?
Still think he can be even better playing behind a fast front man capable of holding up play, but seeing as we haven't got anyone ready to play that role for us.. as long as he is being given sufficient support in a 4-3-3 with pace down the flanks and he produces a performance like that, I've not got a problem.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
The thing is, when it is done right, he's not upfront on his own and this was another perfect example. The wingers give him much needed support and Rooney can drop deep whilst the midfielders overlap at times. It is such a flexible formation,

I can tell you one thing, ask Rooney if he cherishes leading the line like he did today, we all know the answer.

Sylar

His pace is just scary. Seriously, I always knew he was quick but for his goal he was running fast and then all of a sudden it was like a car pressing the turbo or n2o and he just accelerated even faster.

Privelage to have him in our team playing with such freedom.

VP

He has been insanely good the last few games.

BPITW material good.

Brwned

Still think he can be even better playing behind a fast front man capable of holding up play, but seeing as we haven't got anyone ready to play that role for us.. as long as he is being given sufficient support in a 4-3-3 with pace down the flanks and he produces a performance like that, I've not got a problem.
Funny how things change in the space of a week or so then, eh?

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Rooney playing up front alone depends a lot on who we have in midfield. If Rooney as got willing runners then it isn't really a problem for him. In the two games Carrick, Fletcher and Scholes have all been willing to support Rooney and run beyond him.

As long as that happens, 4-3-3 with Rooney as a lone front man isn't a problem.

Jopub

From Barca to Orient - back down to earth with a b
"Thomas..It's up for grabs now - Thomas, righ
Remarkable thread

Three weeks ago there were 'whats happened to Rooney' threads and how poor he is :houllier:

Wayne Rooney has been world class since he was 16 years old and has got better

Dont see how anybody can argue that meself

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
His drop off play was great again today... Forget the opposition, he looked like taking advantage and exploting the spaces Pompey midfielders forgot.

Brwned

Remarkable thread

Three weeks ago there were 'whats happened to Rooney' threads and how poor he is :houllier:

Because people link excitement to quality.

Which is ridiculous, obviously.

Once Rooney has a couple of inconsistent games:

Typical caf response said:
He's not the same player he used to be, he's being wasted, what happened to the explosive dribbling maestro?

:(

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Getting close to my favourite ever Utd player. Im delighted at how he's taken the reaponsibility this year and thrived on it.

Really hope the lad gets the captaincy when Gary shoots of!

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Remarkable thread

It was always OTT to suggest that he had not improved, or worse still, that he had regressed since breaking into the professional game.

But it would also be blinkered to suggest that he's been in blinding form for the whole of this season. It's been refreshing to see him consistently put the ball in the back of the net, but for a large part of the season prior to Crimbo he was putting in some fairly iffy all-round performances.

The big turning point of his season seems to have been his feck up against Hull. Ever since then, his form has been absolutely immense.

Maestro Minded

Ancelotti thinks he's the best player period.
Ancelotti: Rooney is the best in the world

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has hailed Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney as the best player in the world.

Wayne Rooney, Manchester United

GettyImages

Wayne Rooney of Manchester United scores to make it 1-0

Rooney scored his seventh goal in the past four league games on Saturday to help United crush hapless Portsmouth 5-0 at Old Trafford and return to the top of the Premier League.

Ancelotti's Chelsea can reclaim top spot if the beat Arsenal on Sunday and the Italian claims that the form of Rooney is preventing the Blues side from running away with the title.

Ancelotti said: "At this moment he is the best in the world.

"Manchester are using Rooney very well right now. He improves his quality with every game and I am surprised his level never drops. Instead he always improves his performance.

"It's not just good for United but also the national team. To have him in this condition is important for the World Cup.

"The whole United team has the experience to fight until the end of the season."

Rooney has scored 21 Premier League goals this season to make him the top marksman in the division.

Status
Not open for further replies.