Wayne Rooney | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I know, I'm still trying to forget the titles Torres won for Chelsea..... No..... Wait a sec!

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
How many of those better players did we lose to our direct title rivals? Losing Rooney will be terrible for this football club, losing him to Chelsea would be an unmitigated disaster. Fortunately our club is run by people far wiser than the average fan, and they will know that well enough to surely do anything in their power to prevent it from happening.
I'm not advocating selling him to Chelsea. If he goes then of course I'd prefer he went abroad. But you're like a hysterical woman saying things like it would be an "unmitigated disaster" if he went to Chelsea and that United "won't even get close to them" if he does.

What a load of bollocks.

Chabon

I'm not advocating selling him to Chelsea. If he goes then of course I'd prefer he went abroad. But you're like a hysterical woman saying things like it would be an "unmitigated disaster" if he went to Chelsea and that United "won't even get close to them" if he does.

What a load of bollocks.
That's your riposte, a bit of lazy sexism? Impressive stuff.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
None of those to a English rival though. There's a huge difference in Rooney joining PSG than him joining Chelsea.
If they don't get Rooney they'll end up getting someone else. It might well work out to be in our favor if they get Rooney who it's looking like could be past his best now or has lost his spark instead of the likes of Falcao or Lewandowski. It's a lottery really.

Chabon

I know, I'm still trying to forget the titles Torres won for Chelsea..... No..... Wait a sec!
It says a lot about how bizarrely out of touch with reality your opinion of Rooney is that you think you can compare him to Torres.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
I really couldn't be happy if we sold Rooney to Chelsea for only 40m.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
It says a lot about how bizarrely out of touch with reality your opinion of Rooney is that you think you can compare him to Torres.
While I don't expect Rooney will go exactly the same way as Torres, is it really that bizarre an opinion? Both men were similar ages at the same time and Rooney is off the back of a season fairly similar to Torres' last half season at Liverpool. I don't fully agree and it's a bit too simple a summary but it's hardly ridiculous.

Commadus

Selling Rooney is not a mistake, selling him to our direct rivals is.

Rooney the player still contributes a great deal. Chelsea if they get Mourinho will be a force again. Pelligrini is an unknown quantity but City will push us.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Rooney out felliani in
I see what you did there!

You've suggested that we'll replace our star forward with a tough tackling midfield player!

It's funny because Man Yoo are shit in the transfer market!

It's extra funny because Man Yoo have hired David Moyes (LOLOL!) from Evington who are rubbish and therefore we will sign really rubbish players, presumably from Evington!

It's extra super-funny because Man Yoo don't sign midfielders, and you have suggested that we will sign a midfield player and use him to replace Rooney's position in the attacking line! Oh the irony!

But despite the undoubted funniness it's also a very intelligent observation about the decline of Man Yoo and our transition from playing attractive attacking football to playing tumescent, defensive, uninspiring stuff. Clubs like Barcelona, Dortmund, Chelsea and Swansea are leaving us in their wake.

Overall very funny and works on several levels! I give this joke a solid 9/10 rating!

I think it's worth repeating in various threads at every possible opportunity. It has the potential to be a Caf catchphrase!

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?

You've suggested that we'll replace our star forward with a tough tackling midfield player!

It's extra funny because Man Yoo have hired David Moyes (LOLOL!) from Evington who are rubbish and therefore we will sign really rubbish players, presumably from Evington!

It's extra super-funny because Man Yoo don't sign midfielders, and you have suggested that we will sign a midfield player and use him to replace Rooney's position in the attacking line!

But despite the undoubted funniness it's also a very intelligent observation about the decline of Man Yoo and our transition from playing attractive attacking football to playing tumescent, defensive, uninspiring stuff. Clubs like Barcelona, Dortmund, Chelsea and Swansea are leaving us in their wake.

Overall very funny and works on several levels! I give this joke a solid 9/10 rating!

I think it's worth repeating in various threads at every possible opportunity. It has the potential to be a Caf catchphrase!
You're such a bad ass Rowem

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

It's extra super-funny because Man Yoo don't sign midfielders, and you have suggested that we will sign a midfield player and use him to replace Rooney's position in the attacking line! Oh the irony!

And you managed to deduce this out of four words. Amazing

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd

miserable prick

devilish

How am I the miserable one in this? I'm an eternal fecking optimist and I think the pessimism, whinging and doom mongering on here is hilarious.
Let me give u a hug.

Godfather

You're having a meltdown. The one beeing a bit of an idiot is you, especially in the Fellaini thread.

Trying to be a bit too clever.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
First we lose SAF, then we hire Moyes.

Next we lose Rooney, then we sign Fellaini.

And to top it off we will sell Nani and replace him with Zaha.

WOE IS ME! UNITED ARE DOOMED!

devilish

First we lose SAF, then we hire Moyes.

Next we lose Rooney, then we sign Fellaini.

And to top it off we will sell Nani and replace him with Zaha.

WOE IS ME! UNITED ARE DOOMED!
Stop digging mate

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Nah it's just to close to the bone for you because that's how you sound.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I've deliberately stayed out of this thread for a few days as I was sure it was going to be same shit peddled every hour, ad nauseum. However, even by Chabon's standards, his level of hysteria and delusion here is quite impressive.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I've deliberately stayed out of this thread for a few days as I was sure it was going to be same shit peddled every hour, ad nauseum. However, even by Chabon's standards, his level of hysteria and delusion here is quite impressive.
Indeed. Pathetic stuff.

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
Bale, Kagawa, Valencia, Welbeck, Hernandez, RVP (nani).

I think we look strong. If we can exchange Bale for Rooney, and get in a quality midfielder, I think we are all good.
We look strong if you add the word 'Bale' to our teamsheet, but it's irrelevant because we're not getting him. Even if Spurs don't make the CL and he puts in a transfer request, City would offer way more than us and probably some European clubs too.

Buchan

We look strong if you add the word 'Bale' to our teamsheet, but it's irrelevant because we're not getting him. Even if Spurs don't make the CL and he puts in a transfer request, City would offer way more than us and probably some European clubs too.
If Bale is adamant he wants to play for Manchester United though, alá van Persie, we'd be in a strong position. It's not inconceivable to think he'd rather don our shirt and play at Old Trafford than line out for City for an extra £30,000 per week.

Hellboy

Some people are losing the plot. £40m for Rooney would be a very good deal for us as long as we sign Bale for a similar amount of money. Hope the cnut leaves England though.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
If Bale is adamant he wants to play for Manchester United though, alá van Persie, we'd be in a strong position. It's not inconceivable to think he'd rather don our shirt and play at Old Trafford than line out for City for an extra £30,000 per week.
Yes but the reality is most players don't really give a shit. It's just a job to them... and since we are fans of United we are eternally biased about how much better our club is. (Even though it blatantly is)

Ekeke

£40 million would be good regardless of Bale. He's an unhappy player who isnt at his best and he's asking to leave because he doesnt want to play a squad role, upset that hes been subbed. You cant expect to get the most money the player has ever been worth in that situation

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
Some people are losing the plot. £40m for Rooney would be a very good deal for us as long as we sign Bale for a similar amount of money. Hope the cnut leaves England though.
It's not 'inconceivable' no, but it's very unlikely to happen, so it's not worth getting your hopes up. Just cos we signed RVP doesn't mean wee're going to be signing our immediate inferiors' best players every season, it's just not that easy.

Buchan

Rooney -> PSG/Monaco/Real Madrid for £40 million
Bale -> United for circa. £45 million

Good business all around I think*.

Nani - Kagawa - Bale
van Persie​

*Not that it's going to happen, of course.

Dyslexic Untied

A part of me sort of hates Rooney. Has done since his last contract saga.

At the same time, deep down he seems like a stupid kid who loves playing football, and who is easily confused. He does seem to love the club.

All in all I hope we keep him.

Chabon

Okay, so what exactly have I said that is either hysterical or delusional? My belief is that Wayne Rooney is our best player, and one of the best players to ever play for the club (every single conceivable metric supports that conclusion), and selling him now, at a mere 27 years of age, would be a terrible blow to the club's hopes of continued success. Further to that, selling him to one of our title rivals would weaken us substantially whilst simultaneously strengthening them by the same degree, and would also suggest that the club's position in the game had deteriorated markedly. I happen to think that that would be disastrous, especially in light of our loss of the greatest manager in the history of the game. It's going to be very difficult for us to retain our title whatever happens, but if we sell Rooney to Chelsea, we won't get near doing so.

So please, do tell me how exactly I am being 'hysterical' or 'delusional'?

Status
Not open for further replies.