Wayne Rooney arrested for drink driving | Two-year driving ban

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Hope it's not true, but wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's got a drink problem. I've been saying it for months and months now.

El Zoido

I'll never understand why footballers drink drive. Hell I don't understand why anyone does it, but a multi-millionaire footballer who could afford a personal chauffeur if they wanted to? Just.. why.

Mindhunter

I'll never understand why footballers drink drive. Hell I don't understand why anyone does it, but a multi-millionaire footballer who could afford a personal chauffeur if they wanted to? Just.. why.
It's not about money or resources. It's about proving yourself - that you can do it even under the influence. In such situations, your friends should forcibly take away the keys.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Stupid of him. He's got young children and another on the way and for the life of me I can't understand why people do this.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He has issues.
Won't be surprised if the club knew.

Unsurprising if true.

I could see him having a problem with alcohol when he retires.

dichinero

Why is there even a thread. Not our problem anymore, thankfully

We need an rvn

what an absolute tool. Get's his "dream" move with the aim of a few years at his boyhood club and he still continues to treat his body like this - not even going to talk about the issues I have with drink drivers

Andersons Dietician

Laughing at the doom merchants in here. For all we know he had one pint which up until a few years ago was legal, still actually is legal but it's your blood alcohol which they get you on and that is a risk as you don't know what your body will show so more often than not its best not to drink up to 12 or more hours before driving.

For all we know he had 2 or 3 glasses of wine the night before having a sit down meal with his wife and it was still in his system.

People out to hang him before hearing the facts.

If he was in the pub had 5 pints then got in his car then yeah condem him but you don't know the full story.

The Bloody-Nine

Laughing at the doom merchants in here. For all we know he had one pint which up until a few years ago was legal, still actually is legal but it's your blood alcohol which they get you on and that is a risk as you don't know what your body will show so more often than not its best not to drink up to 12 or more hours before driving.
See, you get it. Like most people.

I agree that this doesn't prove he has a drink problem. Just a lack of common sense problem.

RedDevils23

For all we know he had 2 or 3 glasses of wine the night before having a sit down meal with his wife and it was still in his system.

If he was in the pub had 5 pints then got in his car then yeah condem him but you don't know the full story.
Mate, what are you talking about? Nobody gets fecking arrested for drunk driving for drinking the night BEFORE (or 12 hours before) they operate a vehicle. Your attempt to defend this type of behavior is ridiculous.

stubie

Just glad it's not United's name being dragged through the mud.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?

Article says he was on an evening out......

MrPooni

He has issues.
Won't be surprised if the club knew.
It's no coincidence that he really fell out of favour with Sir Alex after that Boxing Day drinking session with Darron Gibson and Johnny Evans. Gibson was promptly sold and had his own battles with drinking since, both at Everton and more recently Sunderland. They're still good mates and spent the Summer on the lash together in Ibiza. Fergie saw the writing on the wall and pushed him out, only for Moyes to bring him back into the fold.