Wayne Rooney arrested for drink driving | Two-year driving ban

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
Laughing at the doom merchants in here. For all we know he had one pint which up until a few years ago was legal, still actually is legal but it's your blood alcohol which they get you on and that is a risk as you don't know what your body will show so more often than not its best not to drink up to 12 or more hours before driving.

For all we know he had 2 or 3 glasses of wine the night before having a sit down meal with his wife and it was still in his system.

People out to hang him before hearing the facts.

If he was in the pub had 5 pints then got in his car then yeah condem him but you don't know the full story.
That's not how it works.
One average (average weight/height), your body can process 1 drink per hour. 1 drink generally equals .02 BAC. The legal limit where I live is .08, so if you have 2-3 drinks over a 2-4 hour timespan, you should have nothing to worry about.

Edit - If the laws are zero tolerance, then you shouldn't even think about driving after drinking any amount.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
There's been a bit of chat about him being a heavy drinker for years now. It wasn't long ago he got shitfaced on England duty
My mum always said she knew he'd go a bit tits up when he retires. He's not even retired yet! Definitely Steve Bruce 2.0, if not worse

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Beetle juiced.

lsd

The Oracle
It must really suck to not like your clubs top scorer :lol:

Anyway, I hope Wazza isn't developing a serious problem. Lots of people here commenting from their high horse. Yeah you're a twat if you drink and drive but some people have problems/issues that do this kind of stuff. It would help others if we show more urgency towards helping to fix the problem rather than just calling drunk drivers "twats"
Your right they are not twats they are complete scumbags ,having a drink problem is not the issue here, the issue is driving after you have been drinking.

There is no excuse simple as that , if you lost someone in your family because a scumbag thought he could drive while drunk you would know that?

Rooney was arrested for drink driving and stopped at 2.00 am for what it matters that's the only issue here .

FujiVice

Drink all you want, I couldnt care less. Getting on the road while pissed and endangering peoples lives is a whole different matter all together.

Nero

So I assume he was also driving without insurance considering the car allegedly belonged to the woman he was with?

Kag

Alcohol affects his job and has done for a long time. It's a real problem, regardless of occupation. Turning up to training bladdered; getting wankered a day before an England international; driving the car when well over the limit.

You worry for Rooney when he retires. Ricky Hatton territory.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Alcohol affects his job and has done for a long time. It's a real problem, regardless of occupation. Turning up to training bladdered; getting wankered a day before an England international; driving the car when well over the limit.

You worry for Rooney when he retires. Ricky Hatton territory.
Has it?

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Soooo, he was drunk driving and all he wanted is to help some women by driving her home because she was too drunk to drive... While his wife was on vacation.

Good luck with that one, Wazza.

Mihai

This is what I don't understand with these players. They could easily afford a cab across the country, but they drink and drive instead.
It's not about money, it's about privacy. A lot of cab/uber drivers would take pictures/videos of a smashed Rooney on the back seat that would go viral on the internet in no time.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It's not about money, it's about privacy. A lot of cab/uber drivers would take pictures/videos of a smashed Rooney on the back seat that would go viral on the internet in no time.
Well he's going to have plenty of publicity to worry about now.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Cobblers. Money he's got he certainly doesn't need to use Uber :lol:

1974_Fergie_Time

Allegedly 3 times the limit and driving is shocking but what really gets on my nerves is the consquences that could have happened, he could have left his kids without a father or left someone elses kids with a father or mother or worse killed someone elses kids.

This is his wake up call and he better heed it or he faces a long slippery slope in the years to come

One thing it does for me is makes his performance at Watford more realistic as i said since i seen that game he played like someone who had a hangover and hardly really played for the club after it - he got bit parts in some games and that was it

Jose must have knew something was up and handled it the best way he could without causing to much upheaval

Brophs

The One and Only
For a woman who knows her husband will likely cheat every time she gets on a plane, she doesn't half go on a lot of holidays.

Tensing7

Sorry my bad, it's in your spit for several hours after smoking a joint. So roadside saliva test, would be all the evidence needed. As it doesn't pick up residue in the body from previous days.
Wrong. I've just come off a ban for smoking weed 14 hours before driving. . police have gone for Zero tolerance.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Drink all you want, I couldnt care less. Getting on the road while pissed and endangering peoples lives is a whole different matter all together.
Yeah, this is the bottom line. He's a father, he's a human being involved in numerous charities and I believe he does know better.

Hope he sorts this out and realizes that his playing days are precious, and they deserve more respect than this.

It's not too late for him, but he needs to turn this around now.

Last edited:

LoneStar

Yes just like the people who believe a few beers improves their driving....
If you think drinking and smoking up are the same, I can't help you. People who have done both know the difference.

shaky

For a woman who knows her husband will likely cheat every time she gets on a plane, she doesn't half go on a lot of holidays.
Maybe that's their deal. Every time he wants to play about, she gets to go on a fancy holiday. I'm sure loads of footballers are at it and their other halves just put up with it. Most of them just aren't stupid enough to have it made public.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Yeah, this is the bottom line. He's a father, he's a human being involved in numerous charities and I believe he does know better.

Hope he sorts this out and realizes that his playing days are precious, and they deserve more respect than this.

It's not too late for him, but he needs to turn this around now.

I actually don't think Rio's joking or 'bantering' there. Rio's a fecking Top Dad (as totally proven in recent years...) and I also think he wants the best for Wayne.

He's the type of guy that would hopefully tell a friend when they need to get it together, and I think that message is a little insight into that.
It's not really Rio

Red Stone

I actually don't think Rio's joking or 'bantering' there. Rio's a fecking Top Dad (as totally proven in recent years...) and I also think he wants the best for Wayne.

He's the type of guy that would hopefully tell a friend when they need to get it together, and I think that message is a little insight into that.
Probably, but that's not actually his real Twitter account.

Anyone think this might have found its' way to being swept under the rug if he was still captaining England and United? Hard to believe this would be the first time he or any other England star was caught under the influence behind the wheel.