Wayne Rooney - DC United player

Ashley R1+O

Wow, beast of a player. Shades of the old 22 year old Rooney never letting anything get away.

MDFC Manager

That's classic Rooney! :devil:

Feels like being away from England and United spotlights will help him enjoy a good few years of football, at a level which is will suit him well.

simplyared

That's what I like about the Caf. Monday morning, sitting on the train, on my way to work, check if anyone's got anything new to come up with, and you see this. This is what made Rooney the player he was. Raw strength! To make that run and then the tackle , win the ball back and then the long pass. All of a sudden feels like Friday!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
A good tackle followed by lumping it into the mixer? That’s about as English a passage of “incredible football” as you are ever likely to see. The whiteist of white text.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
That was pretty awesome.

DC is last in their conference, but damn, that schedule, 6 home games and 14 away! They just might do fine, as they're 4-1-1 at home.

So, what the heck was that keeper doing there?

Not that I mind.

Last edited:

Mike Smalling

Great play - vintage Rooney!

Reminded me of a similar Rooney play in the CL final in 2008, where he won the ball on the right back, took a few touches and then launched a perfect cross-field ball to Ronaldo. Think it ended up with a double-chance for us.

Im sorry but thats shocking from the other team :lol:
It is the MLS...

Good to see him enjoying football again. Must have been incredibly frustrating for him the last few years when his body couldn't keep up with the things he wanted it to do.

togg

Even during his demise at United, no one could ever accuse Rooney of not being committed or trying his best for the team. He was a pure winner. We could do with a few younger Rooney's right now! Lovely to see, the sort of Rooney action that used to get me off my chair!

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Wow, fair play Wazza. He's standing out again in that division, his footballing fundamentals are just too good not to.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Fecking hell Rooney is still only 32? Thought he was well into his 30s at this point.

Great hustle and amazing sequence, although I'm wondering how slow that attacker was if you let Rooney catch up with you like that.

ariel

That was fantastic. Closed the player down, saved a certain goal and that pass..
One hell of a player

Kapardin

Even during his demise at United, no one could ever accuse Rooney of not being committed or trying his best for the team. He was a pure winner. We could do with a few younger Rooney's right now! Lovely to see, the sort of Rooney action that used to get me off my chair!
Agreed. He was always busting a gut for us despite not being good enough. Always running the length of the pitch.

Likes of Martial could learn from Rooney for sure on how to be an asset to the team.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wazza really winding back the clock there, that was like watching a 24 year old Rooney in his prime. Great to see!

Glad to see he's still got the desire to win, hasn't just gone there to make up the numbers.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
When I saw it on Facebook I thought the 'what a hail mary' caption was sarcastic and he'd gone for the shot at first, ballooning it well wide.

We know he's got a long ball on him, even if it wasn't very useful a lot of the time for us. The gut busting run and tackle was the really impressive part for me.

norm87cro

Carrick fecked that one up. Rooney Got rid of Carvahlo near our box. Found Ronaldo with a great long ball effort just Like this one and Ronaldo Got rid of his man bursted into the edge od the box and gave the ball to Carrick who's shot went straight to the keeper. If he had scored there I imagine we would have won that game quite easly.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Good hustle on the take away before connecting with the receiver on the long jump ball pass.

To all the people wondering what the DC keeper was doing
I don't think they actually did need to win for the playoffs, not mathematically anyway. Unless my maths are really bad:

Still, they're only averaging around a point a game so far and even with all those games in hand it's not going to be an easy task. Teams play 34 btw.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Good hustle on the take away before connecting with the receiver on the long jump ball pass.

I don't think they actually did need to win for the playoffs, not mathematically anyway. Unless my maths are really bad:

Still, they're only averaging around a point a game so far and even with all those games in hand it's not going to be an easy task. Teams play 34 btw.
They played away most of the time - 6 home, 14 away matches - and are 4-1-1 at home. They might be fine.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Great play Wayne, you fecking legend. I’d trade half of our spineless flowers for a 19 year old Rooney.
I'd trade any of our players (DDG, excepted), for a 19 yr old Wayne Rooney.
19 yr old Rooney, in today's market would probably cost about £250M. The funny thing is that that would be exactly the kind of signing which Woodward want to make. World record fee, for the future England captain and future all time goal scorer for MUFC.