Wayne Rooney - DC United player

kidbob

Why is it ok for him to wash our dirty laundry in public?
More ok for our top ever goalscorer to do it than a miserable washed up manager who achieved nothing here. Loved his honesty and puts the shite that Neville and Keane have been saying into perspective.

acnumber9

Very insightful on PL tonight. Not holding back from saying the truth of his experience with Mourinho. Says Mourinho wasnt great at communication and would never explain to players if they were left out and just didnt bother keeping them onside. Also said it's hard to play attacking football when your fullbacks are instructed to stay next to your centerbacks and keeping 2 holding midfielders in front of the attack, you're left with attacking with just 2-3 players so of course they would struggle for creativity. Also said how he spoke to loads of people within the club and it just wasnt a happy camp, from the staff to the players.

Great to see some brutal honesty.
I was surprised he was as open as he was. I don’t see a lot wrong with it though.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Rooney is surely the only person in the world who says no when he means yes.

Dion

He says he's a blue, but you can tell he's a red deep down now.

Skills

Snitch
Very insightful on PL tonight. Not holding back from saying the truth of his experience with Mourinho. Says Mourinho wasnt great at communication and would never explain to players if they were left out and just didnt bother keeping them onside. Also said it's hard to play attacking football when your fullbacks are instructed to stay next to your centerbacks and keeping 2 holding midfielders in front of the attack, you're left with attacking with just 2-3 players so of course they would struggle for creativity. Also said how he spoke to loads of people within the club and it just wasnt a happy camp, from the staff to the players.

Some of us were saying this for years and were told it was bollocks.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Some of us were saying this for years and were told it was bollocks.
We've been saying it for ages. Mourinho just instructed them to not get out of position, don't make those forward runs and keep your position and play it safe. People claiming they just weren't good enough was so far off the mark. Of course we have weaknesses, but none of that was an excuse for the way we were playing.

RedFish

More ok for our top ever goalscorer to do it than a miserable washed up manager who achieved nothing here. Loved his honesty and puts the shite that Neville and Keane have been saying into perspective.
He only said it to public criticize Mourinho. You'd like to think that under normal circumstances that kind of information wouldn't leak out. I mean he basically said everyone was miserable and that it was Mourinho's fault. Don't doubt what Rooney said, just question the need to say it on tv only days after Mourinho's sacking. Should remain in-house.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
He says he's a blue, but you can tell he's a red deep down now.
He has said if he needed to play a hall of fame game for a club it would be United.

A proper club legend. Its pathetic how some people hold different standards for him especially with the "holding the club ransom" comments

FujiVice

Tony Coton said in his book, when they won the league one year Wayne Rooney said "another medal boys" to the staff. And Coton said "nah, mate, we dont get medals. Just manager and his assistant."

So Rooney out of his own pocket, bought custom made Premier League winners medals for all the Man United staff when they won the league and handed them out during pre-season. A fine man.

Bwuk

What’s he said about Luke Shaw faking a injury?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Brutally honest up to the point when he's asked why he left, he surely knew he wasn't good enough for us anymore

Acole9

Outstanding
Really enjoyed listening to what he said on BT, could have watched him talk all night about his career and football generally.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Tony Coton said in his book, when they won the league one year Wayne Rooney said "another medal boys" to the staff. And Coton said "nah, mate, we dont get medals. Just manager and his assistant."

So Rooney out of his own pocket, bought custom made Premier League winners medals for all the Man United staff when they won the league and handed them out during pre-season. A fine man.
That's nice.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager

Doing that doesn’t make him a fine man.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses

He even said the dinner ladies and washing room ladies were unhappy

0le

It was a damning indication of Mourinho's toxic personality.

criticalanalysis

He only said it to public criticize Mourinho. You'd like to think that under normal circumstances that kind of information wouldn't leak out. I mean he basically said everyone was miserable and that it was Mourinho's fault. Don't doubt what Rooney said, just question the need to say it on tv only days after Mourinho's sacking. Should remain in-house.
Are you really suprised? After everything that Mourinho has publicly said about the Utd players/board and even Rooney himself? It would take an angel to 'turn the other cheek'.

100% guaranteed if the football was the same but Mourinho never hung his players out on the dryers, you would have nothing but generic 'sorry to see the gaff go, respect everything he's done for us'.

RedFish

Are you really suprised? After everything that Mourinho has publicly said about the Utd players/board and even Rooney himself? It would take an angel to 'turn the other cheek'.

100% guaranteed if the football was the same but Mourinho never hung his players out on the dryers, you would have nothing but generic 'sorry to see the gaff go, respect everything he's done for us'.
I understand why he may said what he did, I'd prefer it if he didn't sink to that level. I've been a staunch Mourinho supporter, but one aspect of his management I cannot defend in the slightest is the public criticism of his players, so what goes around comes around I guess. I don't suppose it will bother him much, he doesn't strike me as the sensitive type, so I guess I don't have to worry too much about his feelings!

criticalanalysis

I understand why he may said what he did, I'd prefer it if he didn't sink to that level. I've been a staunch Mourinho supporter, but one aspect of his management I cannot defend in the slightest is the public criticism of his players, so what goes around comes around I guess. I don't suppose it will bother him much, he doesn't strike me as the sensitive type, so I guess I don't have to worry too much about his feelings!
I don't think it should be even seen as 'sinking to a level'. From a practical point of view, sometimes you just to need to say your side of the story. You're getting absolutely battered by fans and pundits already on a good day and then on top of that your manager throws in his one sided view. Your reputation and by correlation your career is being called on the line here. Unlike Mourinho, who can get a massive pay off, one unsigned contract or a move to another club is your life as professional completely changed.

This whole notion of Mourinho being respectful to his past clubs that have sacked him is kind of bs to me. Of course he can be 'zen' and 'taking the high ground' when he's half the problem that got himself in the situation in the first place. He's getting paid years of wages upfront only to disappear from the limelight i.e completely opposite to his players.