'Wayne Rooney is a sacrificial lamb and I hate it'

Dir Wangem

Worst player ever.

Seriously though, he needs to go. He's not even good enough for the Micky Mouse cup these days.

AndyJ1985

How can nuggets like Phil Neville say Rooney is still good enough while keeping a straight face?

soapythecat

There is nothing about having an agend against Rooney or blaming him for poor performances, but without a shadow of doubt he has been shocking tonight.
Not many of the starting 11 (Romero aside) have shown anything to start in the final but Rooney has done nothing other than give the ball away, slow play or played it so safe it's antisceptic.
If he is still playing for us next season then we deserve to be 6th. He is shocking.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He looks like a pensioner playing with the kids out there.

Sylar

Its sad watching him play football. Hes actually turned into that Rooney from the world cup ad. And that was 7 years ago

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
in fairness, ive read people blaming our entire season on Rooney when the bloke has been nothing more then a back up player since October.

I think its people have blamed him for so long, they havn't got use to the idea that they can't do that anymore.

Walters_19_MuFc

Thing is, he was far from our worst player today, in my opinion, yet gets the lowest rating, whilst players like Mata, Mkhi and Martial - who all have loads to prove, can get away with being anonymous and losing the ball constantly with very little criticism.

I don't expect Rooney to be here next season, but Martial, Mkhi and co. are meant to be the future of United. I'm more worried that they aren't performing. Rooney has been there and done it. They haven't!

cantonaldo

in fairness, ive read people blaming our entire season on Rooney when the bloke has been nothing more then a back up player since October.

I think its people have blamed him for so long, they havn't got use to the idea that they can't do that anymore.
The thing is, he is sitting on a fat paycheck and he is still fairly young. Shouldn't he be fitter and performing better? If we have gotten rid of him earlier, we would've gotten a replacement that would actually factor in the season. Now, we are stuck with a has-been that couldn't care less about taking care of himself and performing when the team requires him to.

Our relatively poor season like you said is not on Rooney, but you cannot ignore him as a big elephant in the room at our club at the moment.

Mr.Plow

Time for the lamb to hang up his boots and donerate them to charity.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
He get's a rough deal all things considered, an absolute bargain when you think what he has done for you, the goals he has scored, what you have won with him etc...

I understand why people are frustrated with him though. In terms of the fitness thing l think that was always going to be a problem, his body shape and what not. I can't exactly pinpoint why but l don't think he'd be the same player if he was as lean as Zlatan and Ronaldo.
No one is doubting what he has done in the past, but how many club legends hung around when they were past it? I'd be interested to know.

Even your beloved Stevie G realised when it was time to move on. Gary Neville played 3 poor games before retiring.

It must be so hard to realise your career is over, and quite early for a footballer, but he's stealing a living here. If he wants to secure his family's future, or earn some more gambling money, then he could have gone to China last summer on a 3 year contract and made a huge retirement fund and no one would have criticised him for it.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Thing is, he was far from our worst player today, in my opinion, yet gets the lowest rating, whilst players like Mata, Mkhi and Martial - who all have loads to prove, can get away with being anonymous and losing the ball constantly with very little criticism.

I don't expect Rooney to be here next season, but Martial, Mkhi and co. are meant to be the future of United. I'm more worried that they aren't performing. Rooney has been there and done it. They haven't!
I think he's done okayish for the first 20 minutes or so, he put through Miki and Martial iirc into good chances, genuinely you couldn't complain. Then he started doing what he seems to be doing most of the time nowadays, which is taking fecking stupid shots from range that never go in (yes, I've complained that nobody's taking them but Jesus, I didn't ask our players to row Z them), gob at the referee and look for Valencia on the right. His performances will always come with a price of being captain, the highest earner (bar Zlatan?) and player with the longest service for the club, I don't think I'd have said he was the worst yesterday too but it won't stop as people are sick and tired of him.

I really hope, for the club and his own sake, that he moves on somewhere next season, even perhaps retire if no MLS club will pick him up just not to tarnish his legacy even further.

AlwaysRed66

I think he's done okayish for the first 20 minutes or so, he put through Miki and Martial iirc into good chances, genuinely you couldn't complain. Then he started doing what he seems to be doing most of the time nowadays, which is taking fecking stupid shots from range that never go in (yes, I've complained that nobody's taking them but Jesus, I didn't ask our players to row Z them), gob at the referee and look for Valencia on the right. His performances will always come with a price of being captain, the highest earner (bar Zlatan?) and player with the longest service for the club, I don't think I'd have said he was the worst yesterday too but it won't stop as people are sick and tired of him.

I really hope, for the club and his own sake, that he moves on somewhere next season, even perhaps retire if no MLS club will pick him up just not to tarnish his legacy even further.
This is what gets me, & how the match officials turn the other cheek because it is him. If I was referee I would send the nasty has been off for an early bath.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Saw this on football365.

Rooney is like a confused Grandpa
As a lifelong United fan, watching Wayne Rooney these days is like watching your grandfather with dementia. Plain sad. Some of the ego and belief might still be there but not much of the ability.

Even the basic everyday tasks are a struggle.

At times he’ll say the first syllable of your name right and you hope some of his old self is still in him, only for him to end up calling you row Z instead of rowan.

Only thing worse is the family members who believe nothing is wrong with Grandpa and he’ll be fine. All he needs is to be loved.

Grandpa is never coming back Phil Neville. No, being able to know what a football is not a sublime skill.

It’s all very, as Donald Trump would put it, sad.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
The thing is, he is sitting on a fat paycheck and he is still fairly young. Shouldn't he be fitter and performing better? If we have gotten rid of him earlier, we would've gotten a replacement that would actually factor in the season. Now, we are stuck with a has-been that couldn't care less about taking care of himself and performing when the team requires him to.

Our relatively poor season like you said is not on Rooney, but you cannot ignore him as a big elephant in the room at our club at the moment.
i don't think he is the big elephant in the room at the moment, at the start of the season he was a problem, but not now.

even if we had sold him last summer, we wern't going to spend 60 million or something on a player who could of really made a difference to the first team, we had already spent £150, the best we where going to bring in was a squad player about the same level as Rooney is now.

of course Rooneys pay check is out of proportion to his squad stats now, and that gets on fans nerves, but he is utterly been made a scapegoat for the difficult season we have, when the truth is if he wasnt here we would be in the same boat blaming some one else.