Wayne Rooney rejoins Everton | United save £30M by giving him £10M pay-off

dichinero

All the best. While you're there can you do the proper thing an be take points off our rivals? #AgentW

LoveFootball

Really hope he does well back home. Show those bloody pundits, the suns and daily mails you still have it, Wayne. All the best, sad day for a United fan to see the legend gone, but it could've finished in a much more bitter way.
Sad day? Maybe you haven't been reading redcafe the last 3 years. Glad he's gone, used to love him but always felt he was not a world class player, an inferior player to many great of his generation. Good riddance, hope Fellaini is next (Lingard and Rashford too).

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Bye Bye. Excellent player in 2009-2010. We would have won the CL that year had he not broke his leg.

Utd7

Will be weird not seeing him play for us but he's a legend and wish him the best of luck.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
At least it's a better ending than going to China. It still makes me want to cry seeing him go to Everton at this age. Goodbye Wayne!!!! Thanks for everything!

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
What will the Journalists talk about now in our press conferences?
:lol: they will find something to ask about, specially if he scores before we have presser:

Press: Jose, have you seen Wayne's goal against...?
Jose: Yes... (annoyed)
Press: He is playing well, isn't he?
Jose: yes...
Press: Could he had stayed, you'd have proven goal scorer, leader, captain, and you maybe could have 3,4,5 more points
Jose: Got nothing to say...(gets up and leaves)

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Sad day? Maybe you haven't been reading redcafe the last 3 years. Glad he's gone, used to love him but always felt he was not a world class player, an inferior player to many great of his generation. Good riddance, hope Fellaini is next (Lingard and Rashford too).
:confused:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
A sad day.

An absolute legend and always will be. Thanks for being an integral part of one of the clubs most successfull periods of all time.

It is also sad to see some of our disrespectful fans. They'll be the first to turn on our current crop when they get old.

PoTMS

It's odd. I wanted him to leave but now he's left, I'm devastated.

Revan

Assumptionman
Best of luck to him, and hoping that he can reignite his career. An absolutely fantastic playet at his best.

Saying that, it was the right move for him to leave and it should have happened last summer.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
One of the best and greatest players to ever play for Man United. Proper club legend. All the best to him though I think it's quite sad seeing him somewhere other than OT.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Liverpool derby should be tastier with The Scouser back in his city. All best and thanks for showing Shearer what he missed with not joining United.

Revan

Assumptionman
I'm shocked that anyone thinks he can 'regain' form and start banging them in for everton. Wtf have you been watching for the last 3 years . He's completely done at this level and thankfully Everton are stupid enough to not realise it.

Best of luck to him though, was magnificent for us in probably the most exciting period for me as a United fan. Genuinely box office when he came through, and the Rooney and Ronaldo combination was deadly.
He won't be a top 10 striker in the league, but he can be a competent striker for them. Take Fernando Torres for example, maybe Rooney can play such a role for Everton.

MittenCrab

:lol: they will find something to ask about, specially if he scores before we have presser:

Press: Could he had stayed, you'd have proven goal scorer, leader, captain, and you maybe could have 3,4,5 more points
Poor Jose. Imagine the sleepless nights he's had worrying about this.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Probably worth mentioning that he's one of the most unselfish superstars in sport. Always went out of his way to make someone else's life easier on the field whether it was covering for Ronaldo on the flanks or making runs to free other attackers or dropping deep for the ball, he was always a complete teammate.
Yep. A facet of his game that gets glossed over by those who have been slating him recently.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Your entire "united mistreatment of Rooney" discourse is tiresome and inaccurate.
I come here to get differing opinions and I'm offering mine now. Take it as you like it.

This has nothing to do with your treatment of him. Every player feels like he's not past it and who best to show it against than the team that thinks you are now.

LoveFootball

A record breaking goalscorer who wins all honours in the game? Ok I'll take that
He got the record only because he overstayed his welcome. He was useless the last 5 years. If Rashford is destined to have a Rooney's like carrier, then I don't want him around the club, the lad is, like all English players, so overrated. One of the reasons English trams always struggled in international competitions is because the used to carry to many overrated and useless players; and if we put all our hope in Rashford, I fear we'll continue to struggle.

Toad

Good luck to him. Some great memories and a true legend up with the rest.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

:lol:

I can see them doing that.

Jonboy

Bye Bye. Excellent player in 2009-2010. We would have won the CL that year had he not broke his leg.
Don't think he broke his leg did he? Seem to recall it been something do with his ankle.
As you say though, the champions league was definitely winnable that year. The side of the draw we were in gave us a great chance of at least a third final in a row. Shame how it turned out.
Fairly certain we would've won the title as well had he been fit for those crucial games VS Chelsea and Blackburn. Berbatov was toothless those two games and missed big chances against Blackburn.

Anyway on Rooney...
Most certainly a legend in my eyes. Has given us all such fantastic moments whilst playing for this club, memories that I personally will never forget.
Played with a unique combination of passion, fire, technique and skill. He did so selflessly, oten putting the team first.
Should have left in 2013 with Sir Alex in my opinion as this is where the above qualities and traits started to decrease pretty dramatically.

He stayed however and went on to become the club's record goalscorer which is a fantastic achievement, worthy of legendary status alone.

Best of luck Wazza and thank you for the memories.

the unknown one.

The raven sits ever watchful above my chamber door
He got the record only because he overstayed his welcome. He was useless the last 5 years. If Rashford is destined to have a Rooney's like carrier, then I don't want him around the club, the lad is, like all English players, so overrated. One of the reasons English trams always struggled in international competitions is because the used to carry to many overrated and useless players; and if we put all our hope in Rashford, I fear we'll continue to struggle.
Nice grammar and spelling.

Laughable comment as well. :lol: