Wayne Rooney rejoins Everton | United save £30M by giving him £10M pay-off

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He got the record only because he overstayed his welcome. He was useless the last 5 years. If Rashford is destined to have a Rooney's like carrier, then I don't want him around the club, the lad is, like all English players, so overrated. One of the reasons English trams always struggled in international competitions is because the used to carry to many overrated and useless players; and if we put all our hope in Rashford, I fear we'll continue to struggle.
Only? I think he probably got it because he scored lots of goals over many years. Maybe he did overstay but I'll give him that for all that he did.

Trust me, I'm not English so I have no agenda but Rashford is a really exciting talent and I don't see how you could say him emulating Rooney's achievements would be bad. If we won 5 titles, a champions league or two and all the cups in his time then I think we can consider that a good thing.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Don't think he broke his leg did he? Seem to recall it been something do with his ankle.
As you say though, the champions league was definitely winnable that year. The side of the draw we were in gave us a great chance of at least a third final in a row. Shame how it turned out.
Fairly certain we would've won the title as well had he been fit for those crucial games VS Chelsea and Blackburn. Berbatov was toothless those two games and missed big chances against Blackburn.

Anyway on Rooney...
Most certainly a legend in my eyes. Has given us all such fantastic moments whilst playing for this club, memories that I personally will never forget.
Played with a unique combination of passion, fire, technique and skill. He did so selflessly, oten putting the team first.
Should have left in 2013 with Sir Alex in my opinion as this is where the above qualities and traits started to decrease pretty dramatically.

He stayed however and went on to become the club's record goalscorer which is a fantastic achievement, worthy of legendary status alone.

Best of luck Wazza and thank you for the memories.
Broke a bone in his foot. We'd have bear Bayern and beat Lyon. Would have been a good game vs Inter in the final.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
A good move for all parties. A couple of years too late though. Really should've walked away before he deteriorated to the extent he did these past seasons.

Precaution

Sad day? Maybe you haven't been reading redcafe the last 3 years. Glad he's gone, used to love him but always felt he was not a world class player, an inferior player to many great of his generation. Good riddance, hope Fellaini is next (Lingard and Rashford too).
wait, what?!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Seriously? The lad has been a legend for you and you are posting shit like this. Just thank him for what he has helped your club achieve, wish him luck and leave it at that. Don't go posting negative shit up about one of your best ever players.
bla bla bla, mind your business. It's a great day for some of us, deal with it or feck off.

Ban

Somrle of the posts here are pathetic. Luckily they're in minority.

Best of luck to him.

I expect a letter to United fans. :)

LoveFootball

Nice grammar and spelling.

Laughable comment as well. :lol:
Childish and useless reply.
Only? I think he probably got it because he scored lots of goals over many years. Maybe he did overstay but I'll give him that for all that he did.

Trust me, I'm not English so I have no agenda but Rashford is a really exciting talent and I don't see how you could say him emulating Rooney's achievements would be bad. If we won 5 titles, a champions league or two and all the cups in his time then I think we can consider that a good thing.
Rooney won all those silverware because he was surrounded by great players like Ronaldo, Tevez, RVP; not because he was great, just a hard work and English lad. He was nothing special, no great skills to show, another kick and rush merchant who got exposed as soon as his pace was gone; the same will happen to Rashford.

Decomposing In Paris

I'm grateful for what Wayne Rooney has done for Manchester United, and he'll be remembered as a legend for sure. Still, with his performances over the last few years I can imagine Woodward offering Everton £75m for Lukaku, or £90m + Rooney.

starman

So reports saying we paid him 10m to end his contract early and he took a 50% wage cut to join Everton

Ban

Rooney won all those silverware because he was surrounded by great players like Ronaldo, Tevez, RVP; not because he was great, just a hard work and English lad. He was nothing special, no great skills to show, another kick and rush merchant who got exposed as soon as his pace was gone; the same will happen to Rashford.
Just hard work. Are you having a laugh?

Literally everything in your post is wrong.

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

I think his status as a world class player is somewhat debatable. To describe him as 'nothing special' is laughable when you consider his individual and team achievements. No-one plays for this club 500+ times and is nothing special.

As to Rashford, only time will tell but I think he's a real talent and will only get better. I also don't think you should get in the team by virtue of being English but having a strong English pool is important IMO. We've always had it and I hope it continues.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Strange one for Everton, because I was assuming they would want to challenge for top4. That target becomes impossible if Rooney is one of the first 15-16 squad players.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

Poor WUM.

I_live_cement

Cat freak

WOW.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Imagine if he somehow regains some of that 2007-2010 form and gets double digits in the league.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

What on earth is this crap? How are you posting on the main forum.

Shark

@NotShark
Imagine if he somehow regains some of that 2007-2010 form and gets double digits in the league.
I really really can't see that happening. I'd say Everton will very be lucky to get double digits out of what is ultimately l a player in his 40's in terms of his body. I also think many people(including Everton fans) are forgetting how ineffective he's been the past three seasons. He looked the most out of shape player in Carrick' testimonial ffs.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Best move for all parties, but still a sad day to be a United fan.

Thanks for the memories Wazza and good luck (against everyone but us).

Legend.

Iron Stove

Probably the most exciting young player I ever saw for United. Loved young and pissed off Wayne. Gonna be very weird seing him play for Everton again. It was time for him to leave, but I wish him all the best.

Fox E Power

He was the best teen that this team has seen.

That debut, those thunderbastards, his fight and his dedication were all amazing.

Time takes its toll, and his standards did slide. Goodbye Wayne, you're a Toffee again.

EvilIrwin

Strange one for Everton, because I was assuming they would want to challenge for top4. That target becomes impossible if Rooney is one of the first 15-16 squad players.
They've bought him back for his presence, winning mentality and experience.
Also puts Everton on the map, sort of.
Not sure what they'll make of him during training sessions and on the pitch but no refunds.
Anyway, £300k+ off the wage bill!
Get in (out)

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
It's a shame that we never got a massive windfall from a Chinese club for him, but I'm glad he's going back to his club. I genuinely hope he makes a success of it, because it would be nice to end his career on a high.

He gave us his best years, filled with loads of memorable moments and bucket loads of sweat, helped us win every trophy going and finished as our record goalscorer. What more can you ask for? £26 million was an absolute snip.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
The best decision for all involved. A little sad to see him go, and the Rooney era come to an end, even though it is a fair bit overdue. At his best I just loved watching him play. Explosive, aggressive, a winner. Don't really care about how he went about getting a pay rise. Happy for him to go back to his club. I hope he still has a bit of fire left in him to give them a good season or two, and not just fizzle out.

How have Everton fans taken it? I do remember him scoring at Goodison, and celebrating infront of their fans and kissing the badge. Heat of the moment stuff, obviously, but fans don't forget stuff like that.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Regardless of it being an overdue move, the man is one of the greatest legends in Manchester United history.

He calls time on his United career and probably bows out a tier below Giggs and Scholes, which is no slight on him.

He signed for United when I was 13, so he's probably the one player who I do truly appreciate and I've seen his career from start to finish.

Last season I found it very hard to watch him because he had become a shadow of his former self, but with less pressure, going back home and getting away from the post-Fergie firing line...Wayne Rooney might just be able to pick his game up as he sees out his career.

Outstanding player in his prime, and so glad I got to enjoy the best moments of his career as a supporter.

Throwback to the time he kicked the Macedonia player for literally nothing. I thought that was fecking hilarious.

SAFicus

Just hope nobody tries claiming that this was a bad decision if Rooney finds form at Everton.

The fact is Rooney was done at United and if he can find good form at Everton then good for him.

Either way, the right decision for all sides and good luck to a club legend.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
He got the record only because he overstayed his welcome. He was useless the last 5 years. If Rashford is destined to have a Rooney's like carrier, then I don't want him around the club, the lad is, like all English players, so overrated. One of the reasons English trams always struggled in international competitions is because the used to carry to many overrated and useless players; and if we put all our hope in Rashford, I fear we'll continue to struggle.
Bluddy hell, I've read some nonsense on this forum but this is up there.

Parry Gallister

Thanks Everton, always have liked you. 'Rooney is seen by many as a marquee signing, but he’s actually just a big fecking tent' sums it up.

Club legend for us, not for them, such a weird signing to make, their squad really was going in the right direction, must be the chairman pushing for it.Hope I'm wrong and he has a good end to his career at his boyhood club.

LoveFootball

What on earth is this crap? How are you posting on the main forum.
I ask myself the same question about you.
Poor WUM.
No no
I think his status as a world class player is somewhat debatable. To describe him as 'nothing special' is laughable when you consider his individual and team achievements. No-one plays for this club 500+ times and is nothing special.

As to Rashford, only time will tell but I think he's a real talent and will only get better. I also don't think you should get in the team by virtue of being English but having a strong English pool is important IMO. We've always had it and I hope it continues.
Rooney got a an EL medal last season and he barely contributed; another example of his uselessness. He was just a number in the team, he was not as great as Vidic, Rio, Ronaldo, Scholes, .....! Was Fletcher a great player too? No, but he won all those silverware too.
Rashford is another example of an overrated english player; a boy who scored a total of 15 goals over 2 seasons he's being talked as a potential world class player; very strange.