We are an awfully coached team

owlo

You seem to be missing the point even though it is quite obvious. This is a bit of friendly piss take that hopefully the drama merchants in this thread take note of and reign it in a bit. If not then this and other threads won't get the same treatment but we will start giving warnings to many poor and overly negative posters in all threads as per the rules.
Meanwhile, you'll continue to encourage the bullying behaviour from the likes of Wummy ? Because the 'drama merchants' on the cafe are only the negative nancies and those weirdos need humiliated and given warnings for 'quality control' if the basic e-humiliation doesn't do the trick?

It contributes to the sites toxicity and is unbecoming, and exactly what you'd expect on the likes of RAWK.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Meanwhile, you'll continue to encourage the bullying behaviour from the likes of Wummy ? Because the 'drama merchants' on the cafe are only the negative nancies and those weirdos need humiliated and given warnings for 'quality control' if the basic e-humiliation doesn't do the trick?

It contributes to the sites toxicity and is unbecoming, and exactly what you'd expect on the likes of RAWK.
Bullying behaviour?

What on Earth do you mean?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
What game was that at and why the response from Jose?
Is it Eddie Howe?
Can’t remember the game but basically Tottenham were playing a team and won a foul. The person who fouled the Tottenham player was on a yellow card and the AM reminded Jose of this.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

What bullying? Report it if you think something contravenes the rules. If you aren't being overly sensitive and actual bullying is occurring it will result in modmin action.

And you do realise how petulant your posts sounds I assume?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Best part is him placing the bottle back into the holder before going full sprint, instead of just tossing it to the ground
That's what makes this gif awesome, it's a pure drama and a pre-planned intentional move to put pressure on refs.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
What was the thread's original title?
"We are an awfully coached team"

since then it has been

"Moanchester United are an awfully supported team"
"The modmins apologise for the title edit that implied the moaners were moaning and now fully accept that Ole is worse than Hitler", and now
"Sack Ole, sell Ronaldo, appoint Ted Lasso"

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I’ll take your word for it that the intention is humour, but using modmin powers to anonymously take sides in the debate is inappropriate. If you need to then issue quality control warnings to specific posts that deserve them. That’s more transparent and depending on how strict your criteria is, there should be posts on both sides deserving of it. Some posts are over the top moaning and some are over the top cheerleading. I trust that the criteria isn’t biased in favour of one side or other.
There is a simple solution. If it's moaners, let them moan . Just stay out of it. No one is forcing you to post in the thread. A thread doesn't get to 100 pages just because of moaning.
The problem is that its poluting the forum to such an extent that it drowns out all other discussion. I dont think anyone has any problem with well reasoned and fair critique, the problem is that about 90% of these moaning posts are just low effort outpouring of emotion, or just hyperbolic nonsense. Every damn time we lose and/or play badly we have several of these "Ole threads" get bumped non stop of people basically saying "See, see? I told you he was shit", context completely thrown out the window.

I cant remember which thread, but i read one poster who claimed "these were much worse than the darkest Moyes days". Really?

Lastly, and what makes this whole Ole in/out thing so tiresome is the fact that judging a manager on a game-to-game basis is completely senseless. Of course subs and tactics can be worth discussing, but we know its a lot more to football than that.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
I'd say a very large percentage of this thread is moaning or worse.
That is your personal opinion, which should not be imposed on the forum through modmin privileges. And I disagree. There is a legitimate debate on the issue of the quality of our coaching, and it has been going on for a while because many of us see issues that are not being resolved. Of course there are ludicrously negative posts, just as there are ludicrously positive posts that don’t amount to much more than cheerleading and dismissing any criticism of Ole.

owlo

What bullying? Report it if you think something contravenes the rules. If you aren't being overly sensitive and actual bullying is occurring it will result in modmin action.

And you do realise how petulant your posts sounds I assume?
With regards to Wummy, he's constantly making threads/posts calling large groups of users who don't agree with him weirdos and wrong. Telling them how to participate in his thinking, and gaslighting them if they have the temerity to disagree. You know that, I know that, the entire forum knows that and just how toxic the dude is. It doesn't need reported as I'm sure the modmin team are well aware of what he's up to and have decided he's operating within the rules. Which is your call; it's your site.

Apologies for the petulance, but honestly it pisses me off. I wouldn't class myself (maybe others would) as a huge spammy moaner, yet am seeing the forum split down the middle into two camps hardening on the subject without remembering we are all fans of the same club. Of course users like Wummy say/insinuate they are weirdos and not proper fans, but for most of us it's just becoming a toxic cesspit. When modmins begin to take sides on that, it becomes worse as you are encouraging one camp. Especially when you start the shit about 'quality control' for moaning. There's plenty of users who constantly make shit posts for sure, but if the modmins were to police one side of the cesspit only, it would be a sad RAWKlike day.

We are all here, on the forum, using our time and energy to discuss the club. Whether in a negative or positive way, it's still showing emotion. Emotion isn't always rational, it's not always clean, and it's not always logical. But when it's descending into war between two groups of fans supporting the same damned team, I'd expect the modmins to give it a nice wide berth and let people air their frustrations.

Again, your forum, your call. But it will drive the more moderate users either away or into a more extreme point of view if that's how you police it.

And ps: Again, sorry for the petulance/annoyance. I don't mean to upset you, I'm just being direct.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
That is your personal opinion, which should not be imposed on the forum through modmin privileges. And I disagree. There is a legitimate debate on the issue of the quality of our coaching, and it has been going on for a while because many of us see issues that are not being resolved. Of course there are ludicrously negative posts, just as there are ludicrously positive posts that don’t amount to much more than cheerleading and dismissing any criticism of Ole.
can you find examples of Ludicrously positive posts please, I’ve asked a few people now to find examples of this.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
With regards to Wummy, he's constantly making threads/posts calling large groups of users who don't agree with him weirdos and wrong. Telling them how to participate in his thinking, and gaslighting them if they have the temerity to disagree. You know that, I know that, the entire forum knows that and just how toxic the dude is. It doesn't need reported as I'm sure the modmin team are well aware of what he's up to and have decided he's operating within the rules. Which is your call; it's your site.

Apologies for the petulance, but honestly it pisses me off. I wouldn't class myself (maybe others would) as a huge spammy moaner, yet am seeing the forum split down the middle into two camps hardening on the subject without remembering we are all fans of the same club. Of course users like Wummy say/insinuate they are weirdos and not proper fans, but for most of us it's just becoming a toxic cesspit. When modmins begin to take sides on that, it becomes worse as you are encouraging one camp. Especially when you start the shit about 'quality control' for moaning. There's plenty of users who constantly make shit posts for sure, but if the modmins were to police one side of the cesspit only, it would be a sad RAWKlike day.

We are all here, on the forum, using our time and energy to discuss the club. Whether in a negative or positive way, it's still showing emotion. Emotion isn't always rational, it's not always clean, and it's not always logical. But when it's descending into war between two groups of fans supporting the same damned team, I'd expect the modmins to give it a nice wide berth and let people air their frustrations.

Again, your forum, your call. But it will drive the more moderate users either away or into a more extreme point of view if that's how you police it.

And ps: Again, sorry for the petulance/annoyance. I don't mean to upset you, I'm just being direct.
:
He's been around football soooooo long, yet he thinks these are 'online fan' traits? Wake up and smell the coffee son.
Not to mention, it's somehow ok to label groups of people weird and subhuman. Like we never did that with gays, jews, blacks, and the mentally ill.
Owlo, just so people can get the full picture of what you’retalking about, I’m going to post another quotation from a few days ago where you compare me calling overly toxic football fans as weird to the treatment that gays and blacks have received throughout history,

Just for the sake of balance and fairness.

owlo

Owlo, just so people can get the full picture of what you’retalking about, I’m going to post another quotation from a few days ago where you compare me calling overly toxic football fans as weird to the treatment that gays and blacks have received throughout history,

Just for the sake of balance and fairness.
Quote the post properly. I was reviewing the article of a Liverpool fan not you.

Stop being so dishonest in your attempts to troll me.

edit: relevant post here: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/gre...rd-online-fanbase.465401/page-2#post-27777607

Last edited:

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Quote the post properly. I was reviewing the article of a Liverpool fan not you.

Stop being so dishonest in your attempts to troll me.
Sorry, you compared an article of aLiverpool fan who complains about online fandom to the plight of POC, gay and people with mental disabilities.

owlo

Sorry, you compared an article of aLiverpool fan who complains about online fandom to the plight of POC, gay and people with mental disabilities.
The only reason you are bringing this up is to change the subject and be toxic with a 'look what he did' type post.

Don't expect me to engage with you on it. Anybody is free to go back and review that post. You're simply being dishonest.

edit: relevant post here: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/gre...rd-online-fanbase.465401/page-2#post-27777607

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
The problem is that its poluting the forum to such an extent that it drowns out all other discussion. I dont think anyone has any problem with well reasoned and fair critique, the problem is that about 90% of these moaning posts are just low effort outpouring of emotion, or just hyperbolic nonsense. Every damn time we lose and/or play badly we have several of these "Ole threads" get bumped non stop of people basically saying "See, see? I told you he was shit", context completely thrown out the window.

I cant remember which thread, but i read one poster who claimed "these were much worse than the darkest Moyes days". Really?

Lastly, and what makes this whole Ole in/out thing so tiresome is the fact that judging a manager on a game-to-game basis is completely senseless. Of course subs and tactics can be worth discussing, but we know its a lot more to football than that.
I generally agree with your points, but the problem with it is many posters have a different idea of what constitutes “well reasoned and fair critique”, depending on how entrenched your own position is. And as someone who has consistently been appreciative of Ole’s achievements with us as manager while being critical of his coaching abilities, I will say that it is false to label criticism of his coaching ability as knee jerk responses to a single game. The criticism has always been there. Of course the criticism would be louder immediately after a nightmare performance.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
The only reason you are bringing this up is to change the subject and be toxic with a 'look what he did' type post.

Don't expect me to engage with you on it. Anybody is free to go back and review that post. You're simply being dishonest.
That post is quite frankly probably the most offensive and ridiculous post I have ever seen on here and is entirely relevant to the discussion. If you think it is in anyway acceptable to discuss people disagreeing with you in a reasonable way on the forum as comparable to the plight that minorities have suffered throughout recent history you are insane and it has a massive relevance on what you are currently posting about. You’re lucky I am not a modmin because as soon as you posted any comparison between me liking Ole when you don’t and how gay people have been treated for the last hundred years you’d be gone with a message about how disgusting that truly is.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I generally agree with your points, but the problem with it is many posters have a different idea of what constitutes “well reasoned and fair critique”, depending on how entrenched your own position is. And as someone who has consistently been appreciative of Ole’s achievements with us as manager while being critical of his coaching abilities, I will say that it is false to label criticism of his coaching ability as knee jerk responses to a single game. The criticism has always been there. Of course the criticism would be louder immediately after a nightmare performance.
After the game on Tuesday, we had people calling Ole a pussy, saying he has no honour as he won’t resign and calling him a fraud within twenty minutes. They’re the posts that wind people up.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It is my opinion and the opinion of all the modmins who have discussed it. And the owner for that matter. We are all heartily sick of the moaning. If it was just a reasoned debate about coaching we would have zero issue. And posts that are merely ludicrously positive aren't destructive. Posts that only insult or name call, e.g. shut up plastics, because someone just doesn't think Ole is the second coming are also frowned upon and if we see them, or better yet if they are reported, are frowned upon and dealt with.

RedDevil@84

The problem is many on this forum are just clubbing the poster who posts "Ole got his subs completely wrong and his overly defensive approach cost us the game" with the posters who post "Ole is a moron who runs around like a headless chicken in all games" and call them all as pollutants stinking up the place.

Or else we can go the reddit reddevils way and not allow any critical posts.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

You haven't upset me at all.

FYI I know no such thing. If there is a post that really crosses the line report it and we look at every post. We can't police what we don't see but the moaning has become next level and can be observed from the moon with the naked eye.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
The problem is many on this forum are just clubbing the poster who posts "Ole got his subs completely wrong and his overly defensive approach cost us the game" with the posters who post "Ole is a moron who runs around like a headless chicken in all games" and call them all as pollutants stinking up the place.

Not at all! No one lumps these together. I think Ole has done a good job but I get the reservations. I completely understand and enjoy some of the posts that don’t want him to stay.

BUT..we need to do something about the other types of posters. There is too many of them.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
It is my opinion and the opinion of all the modmins who have discussed it. And the owner for that matter. We are all heartily sick of the moaning. If it was just a reasoned debate about coaching we would have zero issue. And posts that are merely ludicrously positive aren't destructive. Posts that only insult or name call, e.g. shut up plastics, because someone just doesn't think Ole is the second coming are also frowned upon and if we see them, or better yet if they are reported, are frowned upon and dealt with.
I see. If that’s the case, I still disagree but it’s your forum and I respect that.

Bondi77

Can’t remember the game but basically Tottenham were playing a team and won a foul. The person who fouled the Tottenham player was on a yellow card and the AM reminded Jose of this.
It cracked me up,
I've never seen Jose move so quick.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

Maybe i'm blinded by subjectivity, but i honestly have never seen anyone take issue with the former. They might disagree, but i dont think anyone with any sense would lump the two together.

Regarding the bolded part though (if this is related to the YB game) i do kinda disagree, because getting a man sent off after a brainless challenge and then having one of your own players putting the opposition 1on1 with you GK are freak mistakes that cant really be pinned on anyone else than the plauyers themselves.

Ole did make a bit of a mess of it though

Rash Decision

not to use the cream

I visit r/reddevils when I just want to bathe in positivity. Can be refreshing. But it’s an echo chamber and sometimes overly negative sentiments also get magnified. So it’s not true that they don’t allow any critical posts.

Widow

Feels like we're back in 2011, talking about Fergie playing obsolete zombie football 4-4-2.

There's no such thing as a "dated" system, formations aren't one-size-fits-all. Playing 4-2-3-1 didn't stop Bayern winning the CL just the other year. The problem is in how we implement the system.

And three other teams in the most recent PL top seven (much as I would love to call it a season now, no one making a point in good faith will try and say we have a "top seven" after four rounds) - Leicester, Spurs, and West Ham - played a 4-2-3-1 regularly. That's literally a majority.
You missed the point and changed half of what I wrote to fit your argument. Well done.