We are an awfully coached team

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Week after week after week of hoping a superstar bails us out while the brain trust acts their hearts out on the sidelines trying to pretend they know what they're doing.
100%. Careful though, you’ll have Wumminator naming and shaming you after the game.

Salwan

Pashun FC, Vibes FC

Certainly explains the wild swings of inconsistency from one game to another.

You can only get so far being dependent on pure squad quality and magic moments. We have no control of games or structure.

Over a big sample size this will bite us in the ass.

Mentality Monsters

The McFred combo always made sense to me until today.

Having to watch the Chelsea vs City game I have noticed how City are playing with KDB, Silva and Rodri a their CM.

KDB is playing high up, and Silva and Rodri seem to be sitting back. City are dominating the Midfield battle and Silva is holding his own against Rudiger.

I really don’t know know why we can not play with one defensive mid and a playmaker and still have Bruno operate as a number 10 or the furtherest CM.

I am getting sick of having to play McFred as if we can’t cope without playing with 2 CDMs.
I thought the original thinking behind playing McFred was to protect a back 4 (particularly central defence) because of its lack of pace. Most seemed to think as soon as we had someone with a bit of pace in there, we could be a bit more adventurous in midfield. Varane is here. McFred still play. Turns out Ole is just a negative shithouse.

captaincantona

Wait for iiiiiittttt.....any minute now....where are the......“you are all just internet idiots that don’t know anything about coaching?

as I have said a million times in this thread...you don’t have to be a top level coach to look at players of unquestionable ability look absolutely clueless as to how to break down another team. This is the last 18 months. Wouldn’t be surprised if we win by2 or 3 but that doesn’t paint over the fact that this frustrating and slow football is how we play 80% of the time

ray24

Supports
Arsenal
Ole requires Star players to bail him out too often. He's lucky to be at United where he can spent money to replace players at ease. He won't be able to spend so much money to cover his weakness at any other club.

MrSingh2002

Ole requires Star players to bail him out too often. He's lucky to be at United where he can spent money to replace players at ease. He won't be able to spend so much money to cover his weakness at any other club.
I agree.

Mentality Monsters

If Eric Ramsey spent half as much time drilling the team for set-pieces as he does in the gym to look all buff we might be half decent.

Foxbatt

Why was AWB marking their CB in corners? He is one of our worst in the air.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
If we are getting dominated by a decent to good team, at home, then definitely there are problems with coaching.

MUFC OK

We simply cannot handle the press, our players are slow on the ball and pedestrian. Youd think wed have this nailed as most teams deploy pressing tactics these days..

MUFC OK

Watching on a stream that pauses every 10 seconds only makes this more frustrating to watch. Can see this half is going to drift away.

Lee565

This damn obsession from the club and many fans of being so hung up on tradition and past history has been holding this club back since fergie left.

DevTheRed

Slowly losing patience with Ole now.. his inability to control games is becoming a real problem, simply not good enough for a team that's supposed to be challenging for the Champions League.

The Plump Poet

Supports
Southend United
Since getting Ronaldo, your general play has got even worse.

The thing is: I like Ole. A lot. But something is simply not working, and after all this time and money if it's not working by now, it's never going to.

Pace Abuser

Ole is a completely clueless tactician. There's nothing. He doesn't know what he's doing. Everything achieved so far has been because of having better players than most other teams.

MUFC OK

We've got to do something to counter their 3-5-2. Typically Ole wont have the answers.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It’s normal to see this kind of performance now. It’s criminal to be this bad with so many good players in the team.

izec

Ole needs to go. Conte or Zidane it is.

We needed to be proactive and sack Ole earlier and hire an up and coming manager. But it is what it is.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Ole is a completely clueless tactician. There's nothing. He doesn't know what he's doing. Everything achieved so far has been because of having better players than most other teams.
Hes just really bad at his job. Some see this as progression, though.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He needs sacking ASAP. We're winning nothing with Ole and not even playing anything remotely decent. Even if we win this has been abysmal.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I think this game might be the turning point for me. We've looked absolutely clueless.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
If we score a winner, the usual suspects will come in here to pile on with ridicule and laugh reacts... As if it negates any of the points made in this thread.