We are an awfully coached team

Red Stone

Yeah, our midfield is dogshit, but we keep over-committing our full backs. Combine that with our knack for inexplicably giving the ball away straight to the opposition and it's no wonder we look so exposed at the back. Newcastle's goal, Everton's goal and the disallowed goal today. All the same amateurish bollocks. Back line like Swiss cheese.

It's too easy to simply blame it on the midfield. There's not a midfield in the world that would be able to stop us conceding chances the way we play. It's a team-wide issue and stems from a lack of both technical skill and positional awareness. Coaching can fix that. It boggles the mind that we keep making the same mistakes that cost us points game after game, and nothing's ever done to fix anything. It seems like the extent of Ole's tinkering is "Hm, maybe I'll ask [Player X] to do [thing that doesn't work] today, instead of [Player Y]." It's glaringly obvious that the starting XI doesn't matter, because the game plan is so fecking shite.

stw2022

The smile…..I dunno. I’m not upset that he did it but not good look
At this point it’s obvious that every team is focussing on this against us but somehow we are focusing on correcting it
We’re not focusing on anything. He’s naming an XI and hoping it goes well. I genuinely think there’s very little else to it than that

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He wouldn’t be ideal, but at least he’s a good manager who has won trophies and wouldn’t be getting the job out of nostalgia for a goal he scored 20 years ago.
The Chief has spoken!!

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
the posts at half time are funny to look back on now.

no fan of him, but I hate out of context photos like this. doesn't mean anything.
It wasn’t out of context. I watched it live!

OLLY ORANGE

Somebody give me some hope Ole can change things for the better?
That Everton side was ravaged up front with injuries.
If we are not creating enough clear cut chances why doesn't he try to play Sancho on his bought position from Dortmund.
Mctominay and Fred are not defensive midfielders even playing together we are vulnerable from all counterattacks.
Every one knows we are susceptible on the break but our coaches cannot organise one player to just clean up.
When will we learn?
This is more than a bit of a dip!

Nikelesh Reddy

Our style of play,compared to chelsea/City/Liverpool is just pathetic.I think we can now see how important a top class manager is for the growth of a team…

NZT-One

Ole doesn't do himself any favors today. Fecking hell... I mean, I get it, if Martial isn't fit, you have to sub him. The Ronaldo sub? Boy, I am struggling with this but at the end of the day, Ronaldo is more likely to score than Cavani, I wouldn't have subbed him this early but no obvious mistake. But why, why the hell, hook Fred to bring on Pogba. Such a nothing sub. It ended all chances - it was hoofball afterwards. Really pissed.

I am not saying that Ole is at fault for the points loss but his input was big today. Looking at the last games where his subs payed of, I have to think, they are just rolling the dice there in the dugout. Defending a counter is tricky, it isn't difficult to look shite when it doesn't work, but to completely disrupt a game which was generally open, that is really really shite.

Really pissed.

JustinC00

4 straight home matches, no wins and only 2 goals scored if it wasn't for Ronaldo's last moment winner against Villareal

Loss to West Ham (EFL Cup)
Loss to Villa
Draw vs Villareal
Draw vs Everton

That's what is should really have been. Even then only 1 home win with only 3 goals scored and 4 conceded in 4 matches is just unacceptable. Especially against that competition. Not like it was bloody fecking Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Bayern.

Get him out and maybe we might have a chance to advance in the CL and not be playing on Thursday hurting our top 4 chances even more and hopefully not be realistically out of the title race by December

Last edited:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The smile…..I dunno. I’m not upset that he did it but not good look

We’re not focusing on anything. He’s naming an XI and hoping it goes well. I genuinely think there’s very little else to it than that
This is my thoughts also. Except in games where we can be the underdog then he has a plan.

DutchCruijff

The folk that are "Ole In" or have been for the past few weeks. Well, as far as I'm concerned, aren't fans of Manchester United FC.

They're just fans of self serving moral sermons and backing their agendas to a tilt even if it comes at the expense of the club's progression.

Awful antics.

el3mel

It's actually ridiculous that people were trying to argue otherwise, that we're not actually an awfully coached team. How come anyone watch United regularly 2 games a week and come to the conclusion that "yeah, this team is a machine" ? We always give vibes of badly coached team who wins because of their quality and nothing else.

Last edited:

Thiagoal

I’m just totally at a loss now! Moyes, LVG, Mourinho and Ole have all tried and all failed at producing anything close to decent football.

stw2022

The folk that are "Ole In" or have been for the past few weeks. Well, as far as I'm concerned, aren't fans of Manchester United FC.

They're just fans of self serving moral sermons and backing their agendas to a tilt even if it comes at the expense of the club's progression.

Awful antics.
They think being in denial makes them look better.

Witchking

We might need to give Fred and Mctominay a break from starting. We should get a midfield of vdb, pogba and Bruno at the top of the traingle. Vdb might be a 8 or a 10 but he probably might not be as porous as Mcfred. We need something new. We are getting stale and teams have figured us out.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Smiling at the end is an issue. He can’t give instructions without ensuring the player knows he’s still mates with him. He should be smashing up the dressing room. Ronaldo and Pogba care more.

Red Stone

I’m just totally at a loss now! Moyes, LVG, Mourinho and Ole have all tried and all failed at producing anything close to decent football.
Well, one of them is out of his depth in the PL and two of the others are Moyes and Mourinho, who aren't exactly names you associate with free-flowing attacking football. It says more about our idiotic recruitment than anything else.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Ole doesn't do himself any favors today. Fecking hell... I mean, I get it, if Martial isn't fit, you have to sub him. The Ronaldo sub? Boy, I am struggling with this but at the end of the day, Ronaldo is more likely to score than Cavani, I wouldn't have subbed him this early but no obvious mistake. But why, why the hell, hook Fred to bring on Pogba. Such a nothing sub. It ended all chances - it was hoofball afterwards. Really pissed.

I am not saying that Ole is at fault for the points loss but his input was big today. Looking at the last games where his subs payed of, I have to think, they are just rolling the dice there in the dugout. Defending a counter is tricky, it isn't difficult to look shite when it doesn't work, but to completely disrupt a game which was generally open, that is really really shite.

Really pissed.
White text?

SAFMUTD

Anyone saying we play better football is deluded, this is worse than Mourinho's football with a much better squad. This is LVG's levels of shit.

the_cliff

Awful antics.
Honest question, under Ole what progression have we seen in terms of playing style or results since he's become manager ?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Well, one of them is out of his depth in the PL and two of the others are Moyes and Mourinho, who aren't exactly names you associate with free-flowing attacking football. It says more about our idiotic recruitment than anything else.
Exactly. We haven't hired one modern day, progressive attacking coach since Sir Alex.

It'd be nice to try that way for once.

justboy68

They think being in denial makes them look better.
It's a really strange knock on effect of being blessed with SAF for so long. I doubt any other club has this same phenomenon pester its fanbase.

It's some extremely misguided notion of:
1) Giving manager time = success.
2) I will support manager no matter what, because of (1).
3) Others want to change manager which contradicts (1).
4) Therefore others want United to fail and are bad fans. I want United to succeed so am a good fan.

Of course the real lesson to be learned from SAF is:
1) SAF is an all-time great manager
2) Employing an all-time great manager = success.

If there's no all-time great manager to be had then you should swap and change and hire the best you can as and when the results call for it. Even most top coaches can only deliver results in short term bursts. It's the nature of the game. SAF was a total anomaly.

NZT-One

White text?
For what? I've seen a game that was relatively open with chances for us and for Everton. Fred had a rather good game (especially compared to his midfield partner). His movement and his quick passing made the game that open. Pogba brought absolutely nothing - Everton went deep because of Ronaldo I guess, so what was the plan behind Pogba sub? Play long balls? To whom? Mostly into the CBs of Everton.

I know a lot of people only see Fred's weaknesses but he brings something to the team. With him and Cavani on the pitch we looked quite lively today. Putting Pogba and Ronaldo on did nothing than to push Everton back a bit (which they thankfully accepted) and it led to us only playing hoofball.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
For what? I've seen a game that was relatively open with chances for us and for Everton. Fred had a rather good game (especially compared to his midfield partner). His movement and his quick passing made the game that open. Pogba brought absolutely nothing - Everton went deep because of Ronaldo I guess, so what was the plan behind Pogba sub? Play long balls? To whom? Mostly into the CBs of Everton.

I know a lot of people only see Fred's weaknesses but he brings something to the team. With him and Cavani on the pitch we looked quite lively today. Putting Pogba and Ronaldo on did nothing than to push Everton back a bit (which they thankfully accepted) a it led to us only playing hoofball.
Fred and Cavani were poor, Cavani particularly. Everton changed formation after the equaliser regardless and Fred would not be a better option than Pogba who played very well

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
When an Elite club employ a manager who has only managed at Cardiff and Molde, and failed miserably at one of those, this is as good as it gets tbh.

Surely this is completely obvious though?

midou

I am convinced everyone in the stadium and at home including the board knows deep down (or not so deep) that Ole and his coaches are not good enough.

Many don't admit it for different reasons. Some fans think sticking with him is the "United way" but the board doesn't care as long as Top 4 is secured.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
When an Elite club employ a manager who has only managed at Cardiff and Molde, and failed miserably at one of those, this is as good as it gets tbh.

Surely this is completely obvious though?
Not necessarily. Pep hadn't managed anything but Barca B team when he was promoted to senior team but he was able to succeed.

Ole has been our manager for years now. We should judge him by his record with us, whatever was before doesn't matter as much, in my opinion. Facts of the matter are that he is unable to take us to winning anything. That is the problem