We are an awfully coached team

KingCavani

Honestly the lads tried their best, some of them at least, and showing passion is the United way. Nothing more important than that. The fixture list conspired against us and we’ve still gone three games unbeaten. Not sure what more you can ask for tbh.

People talk about tactics and all that pish posh but we’re showing great desire out there and that will win us trophies eventually. Ole’s at the wheel!

Someone

Something
Everybody knows how to play against us, and we struggle against most teams.

Ole will be sacked, but only after we're out of the title race completely. Can't believe this what we're doing with the best squad we've had in a decade.

worldinmotion66

No patterns of play whatsoever apart from move it wide, then back to the fullback, then switch it and repeat on the other side. Not getting the best out of a number of quality players. Sticking with the same painful tactics. Not making substitutions early enough. I've got no confidence in Solskjaer anymore.

When he first came in, he took the handbrake off and we looked a different team. I remember lindelof breaking forward, playing one twos and getting in the box. We've lost that bravery. We've become so painfully predictable and rigid in our play.

It's going to be a tough season, already feels like the players are losing confidence in him.

GOAT 777

Supports
Portugal, Sporting
https:// twitter.com/OTFaithful/status/1444293643980922880
Saw that too. Good fellow but completely out of touch.

I have lost count of how many times I mentioned the names Zidane and Fonseca over here.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I would genuinely take Benitez over ole, neither manager plays great football but at least Benitez has some tactical and coaching intelligence
He wouldn’t be ideal, but at least he’s a good manager who has won trophies and wouldn’t be getting the job out of nostalgia for a goal he scored 20 years ago.

El Jefe

This thread was initially focused about what we do when we're on the ball but truthfully we don't excel at any facet of the game. We aren't free scoring, poor in possession and average in defence. Add in set pieces and pressing and there's not one thing this team is good at except maybe counter attacks.

Poor poor stuff.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
What the hell was he smiling about at the end there on that throw in?

mancan92

Honestly the lads tried their best, some of them at least, and showing passion is the United way. Nothing more important than that. The fixture list conspired against us and we’ve still gone three games unbeaten. Not sure what more you can ask for tbh.

People talk about tactics and all that pish posh but we’re showing great desire out there and that will win us trophies eventually. Ole’s at the wheel!
All of this absolute nonsense. Passion wins you leagues? Seriously?

Solskjær's Red Army

Supports
United & Rot-Weiss Essen
Get him out of the club. Not only he's tactically clueless; his in game management and subs are fecking wank too. What was the point of taking Martial & Cavani off and keeping Greenwood on after watching his greedy play in the last couple of games?

Also, this Ronaldo worshipping needs to stop. He won't win us anything by himself. Forget about this romantic nonsense. It's dragging the team back but a couple of goals are papering over the cracks right now. This will probably cause unrest in the dressing room and I'm sure it'll also vex Cavani and rightly so.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This team needs a couple of patterns as a foundation to build on. City has scored countless goals with the cutback from the fullback to a midfielder or forward. This team needs to become better at that.

RepardReece

So you're content with 2 wins in 6 matches? Okay.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
That pic makes me so angry just because of how sick I feel right now after the result. Seems to matter more to me

Djemba-Djemba

We have absolutely zero control on any game ever.

If you look back on our time under Ole it feels like almost every game goes into the last 10 minutes on a knife edge. We never have a game wrapped up nice and early with a dominant display.

RedStarUnited

the posts at half time are funny to look back on now.

no fan of him, but I hate out of context photos like this. doesn't mean anything.
Did you watch the match? What was there to skile about in that exact moment?

OverratedOpinion

I love Ole as a man and a legend at our club but this season could have gone 1 of 2 ways and it is painfully obvious that he has been exposed.

He should be looked back on fondly for some good work in bringing Rashford, Shaw and Greenwood along and some good signings. It is now time to go and give it to someone with the ability to use those players to win things. It isn't Ole.

He will always be what he is, a coach who will spend half the season producing great results and good football, half the season producing what we have seen the last few weeks. Nothing wrong with that, just not Man Utd level.

stw2022

He thinks the job is saying all the right things. To be fair it was for a year.

United way. Invoking the past. Buzzwords.

Evidently he has no idea how to achieve what he wants. Everyone looks clueless.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This team needs a couple of patterns as a foundation to build on. City has scored countless goals with the cutback from the fullback to a midfielder or forward. This team needs to become better at that.
You could see that Sancho was doing well today but we had no tactics at all to move the ball in a way to get him 1 on 1 more. No idea what the coaches do in training

Irrational.

To concede from a corner that we were attacking is unforgivable. Out.

This is where I admire Chelsea and their cut-throat approach. We are too obsessed with nostalgia.

Nick7

Did you watch the match? What was there to skile about in that exact moment?
yes, I watch all of our matches. I'm a professional fecking masochist at this stage. it still doesn't really mean anything. he's smiling, what a fecking monster!! focus on how bad his coaching is, not because he smiled.

thesheriffjw

What is more scary, is the fact utd are the only top 4 club who have not played a rival.

Man city, chelsea and liverpool already have.

whats to come?

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I asked this after Villarreal but again is there any logical explanation for Fred & MCt playing against Villa & Everton but not against Villarreal. Remember that we had a stronger defence available for the league games as well . Sums up our coaching where every decision seems to be a lottery

Mr Smith

Everybody knows how to play against us, and we struggle against most teams.

Ole will be sacked, but only after we're out of the title race completely. Can't believe this what we're doing with the best squad we've had in a decade.
This is really what it comes down to. We're not that hard to play against.

And seriously, how can we be so, so, bad at defensive transitions? It's been a constant theme throughout this season. We're just so vulnerable to counter-attacks, every time.

spiriticon

That defending for Townsend's goal and Mina's offside goal holy feck.

How is that allowed to happen at all?

Anustart89

Lads, we can't comment on how bad this was until we see what the other teams do this weekend. If they all play like shit and draw and we end up being one point off the top then this was a good performance! Did I get that right?

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This is really what it comes down to. We're not that hard to play against.

And seriously, how can we be so, so, bad at defensive transitions? It's been a constant theme throughout this season. We're just so vulnerable to counter-attacks, every time.
At this point it’s obvious that every team is focussing on this against us but somehow we are focusing on correcting it