We are an awfully coached team

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Makes our complaints about not having patterns of play seem quaint. Christ.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah. The last game we kept a clean sheet.
The xG in that game was 2.25 - 0.58. They had more shots and shots on target on top of it. Performance wise they absolutely battered us. We got a clean sheet and a win through an enormous slice of luck... that's it. That game was no different to other games this season. Could've easily been a 4-0 defeat on another day.

largelyworried

:eek:

It's suicidal. In this day, many teams are well versed in provoking space (short passing to give opposition a false sense that they can challenge for the ball, but in reality being lured into shadow chase. Then come the line breaking pass/ killer pass). Doing what is written there made sense what happened against Liverpool, and it can't be more wrong. Many of our players got strung along toward the ball by Liverpool, then they just broke just apart at our back.
Villareal did this well. If you watch their goal at Old Trafford, their CB waits til Bruno half presses him, then they pass it round him and use the space Bruno just vacated to work the ball to the left wing, where the goal game from. Indeed watching it back its like a grim foreshadow of the first goal against Liverpool. Different bit of the pitch but exactly the same problem.

Foxbatt

The more you see us the worse it looks. How on Earth anyone thinks we are decently coached team? It's terrible. The players couldn't be arsed about it.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We are genuinely a banter club around Europe right now which is basically the epicentre of professional football.

Arsenal were being laughed at but our social media reach and marketing prowess is further highlighting how much of a joke it is that we have that quartet of amateurs still in charge, even if it's for another day, week or however long the incompetents on the board let this go on for.

Loony BoB

I think Ole earned his spot through doing it in the lower leagues (Norway) and then only getting the caretaker spot and then actually doing really well with his opportunity to earn his place. Phelan, sure, he's done the business and proven himself.

I've really got no belief that Fletcher, Carrick and McKenna rightfully earned their spots. I think we should have better people in. I love Fletcher a lot, he was one of my favourite players, but he in no way has earned his position. Liked Carrick too, not earned. McKenna, no opinion, but I don't think he earned his place. Did these guys even win anything with their reserve and youth teams? Maybe they did? No idea. If not, it's even more baffling.

Can't say I know a huge degree about the other names we have in our club.

SAFMUTD

Aye, the best response to my concerns would have to be 'of course he knows how to coach, he has his badges' :lol:
Or one of the best ones, you know nothing John Snow you can't judge are you a manager? Entitled plastic fan

ShinjiNinja26

If Ole even makes it to the City game I can see him reverting to type and going with his old counter attack tactic that served him so well in the previous encounters, only this time Pep will have devised a plan to counter it and we’ll get fecking bummed. The big difference from the Liverpool game being they won’t take their foot of the gas at 5-0 they’ll be ruthless and go for 6, 7, 8 and we will somehow find ourselves being an even bigger laughing stock than we currently are.

peridigm

It's moot now but could Ole have saved his United career if he changed coaching staff before this season? Does he have the balls to get better coaches? Does he even know better coaches?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
It's moot now but could Ole have saved his United career if he changed coaching staff before this season? Does he have the balls to get better coaches? Does he even know better coaches?
He was calling them brilliant just a few days back. They aren’t being sacked off by Solskjaer.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
If anyone is looking for a truly inspirational film, then watch Kipchoge, The Last Milestone.
It is about the absolutely meticulous preparation for the breaking of the 2 hour marathon.

And the reason this is relevant to this thread is that it clearly illustrates that to achieve the best, you have to have the absolute top quality science based coaching.
Everything has to be broken down into the most minute detail and then each and every part of that has to be improved to the maximum.

So. The question is - is the whole science, training and coaching system used by Manchester United really the best of the very best?
There can only be one answer. Yes or no. And if no, then why not.

ti vu

Villareal did this well. If you watch their goal at Old Trafford, their CB waits til Bruno half presses him, then they pass it round him and use the space Bruno just vacated to work the ball to the left wing, where the goal game from. Indeed watching it back its like a grim foreshadow of the first goal against Liverpool. Different bit of the pitch but exactly the same problem.
Yeah. When pressing/ defending mechanism of front foot football, the key principle of it all, is to make the pitch small.

What happened with Ole's tactic is voluntarily making the pitch bigger which favors the team in possession, which was our opponent at the time!

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Aye, the best response to my concerns would have to be 'of course he knows how to coach, he has his badges' :lol:
My own personal favourite when criticising the coaches is, "you can't criticise because you don't know what they do." Maybe not but it's as plain as feckin day watching them week in week out.

stw2022

Why is he hands off? Okay he’s hardly coach of the year but he’s achieved feck all. Ferguson stepped back once he established a successful sides and coaches he trusted. But Ole hasn’t earned that. He shouldn’t be spending training having a glass of wine and a kip like he’s some 71 year old managerial legend. He should be watching them train like a hawk.

Convinced he thinks the key to success is ‘do what Sir Alex did’ but it don’t work like that

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
They're all mates and have created an environment where they're all unaccountable no matter how much the club is dragged through the swamp.
Certainly feels like that doesn't it. Modern sports are now dominated by science and technology.
The relentless pursuit of improvement. The relentless desire to innovate. To be better than the opposition in every way because standing still is going backwards.
That is what Manchester United should aspire to.
Because that is what their supporters aspire to.
To be better than City, Liverpool and Chelsea and the rest.
Unfortunately we are a very long way off being that.
But unless you change, you won't improve.

Gurtej

I hope we lose to Spurs and hopefully we finally sack him…..
Still hope we qualify for next stage in CL…. With right coach, we can still go QF or SF with this team and get into top 4…

hatchetmac

Why would someone want United to lose to Spurs? You should be getting behind the team no matter what the situation is. Ole will be gone soon enough but to want us to lose is clueless.

stw2022

Why would someone want United to lose to Spurs? You should be getting behind the team no matter what the situation is. Ole will be gone soon enough but to want us to lose is clueless.
I’d take a loss if that’s what it’ll take for the club to take necessary action and make changes and save our season. If the consequence of a win means the directors are convinced he deserves another few months to show he can turn the club around then…. sorry.

Not wanting club to lose but also not wanting a result that will prolong this ridiculousness isn’t being unreasonable.

This whole “real fans would want us to limp on indefinitely” thing doesn’t really stand up for me

DON’T PANIC ™

I hope we lose to Spurs and hopefully we finally sack him…..
Still hope we qualify for next stage in CL…. With right coach, we can still go QF or SF with this team and get into top 4…
No one wants Ole to go as much as I do, but I’d never wish for a defeat. It’s abundantly clear Ole has taken us as far as he can and no matter what happens he won’t be the manager next season.

dpansheth

No one wants Ole to go as much as I do, but I’d never wish for a defeat. It’s abundantly clear Ole has taken us as far as he can and no matter what happens he won’t be the manager next season.
Yeah, I crossed that rubicon. I am okay losing badly against spurs. If that makes me “not a top red” , so be it. I am okay paying that price for my club’s future. For the record, if Ole loves the club like fans think he does, he should have walked after pool

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's a testament to the talent we have at this club that things are just beginning to unravel. I constantly watch this club and wonder what they did during the week.

Josh 76

Utd staff? It’s a load of bullshits
Paul Ince was the second most hated ex manutd player for me. (Micheal Owen being the first).
But I’ve started to like him a lot more over the last few weeks.

Foxbatt

Paul Ince was the second most hated ex manutd player for me. (Micheal Owen being the first).
But I’ve started to like him a lot more over the last few weeks.
The problem with Incey was that he always said as it is. Not many people likes it. Certainly the club hierarchy didn't.
What a player he was.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Didnt Varane come out and said that he was impressed by the trainings/coaching? Surely this thread must be invalid then.