We are an awfully coached team

The two leg against Milan is a great example how reliant we are on moments of brilliance actually.

Which seems to be enough quite often, since we have some really good players. But we are poorly coached side.
moments of brilliance.

If only we could go back to scoring more own goals.

was Pogba’s a ‘moment of brilliance’? If you think it was, I’m not sure how you think we should be scoring goals?

Crashoutcassius

Just Martial and Bailly, isn't it? Plus whatever Cavani is up to...
Pogba was out injured recently did you not hear, rashford carrying knock, Donny has been out, Mata has been out. Our subs for the front four on weekend were diallo and shoretire with a combined 200 minutes in their careers

RedDevilzFox

I can't tell if people are trolling or they are thinking we were marvelous today (just because we won). On the balance of 2 legs, if any side looked well coached it was Milan.

Having said that, a win is a win but luck runs out sooner or later.

Flexdegea

What was brilliant about todays goal? Feck me we missed 2 open goals last week

People are trolling they have to be as what was the brilliance?

This was a top win tonight. Any one expecting us to go to San siro and rout this team that is ahead of Juve in Italian league, hasn't a clue Frankly. They are a good side.

We weren't great first half but we made the changes for 2nd half and it worked a treat

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
I can't tell if people are trolling or they are thinking we were marvelous today (just because we won). On the balance of 2 legs, if any side looked well coached it was Milan.

If anything Milan was hugely reliant on individual quality and in the first leg it showed at times in midfield and we were too system focused with McFred not being able to create when they had time on the ball.

Dr. StrangeHate

There was no luck today, we defended so well I remember just 1 good AC Milan chance.

Crashoutcassius

It's a great result and we are struggling at the moment. Milan did well though , they are surprisingly robust

cyberman

W
Nothing. It was well worked play.

Well neither of them was involved in two goals we scored against Milan.
They are not top drawer, but we're not talking about top drawer competition are we?
Wasnt well wlrked but wasnt moments of brilliance. They were just goals we scored. I dont understand how these 2 ties proved anything

BlahRules

Fred and McTominay are not good enough. We need a player that has a good first touch and can pass. Till then we will play like this, rubbish.

Andersonson

The two leg against Milan is a great example how reliant we are on moments of brilliance actually.

Which seems to be enough quite often, since we have some really good players. But we are poorly coached side.
Dont you get tired ? Are you in a lockdown and bored to death or something? A very poor post all things considered.

I dont your age, but it seems like maybe late teens or early 20's considering your prospective on things regarding football?

RedDevilzFox

We are all just laughing at the guys that pray we lose so they stop looking so stupid and we just keep winning haha
If anyone is making themselves look stupid ..... no one as far as I can tell is "praying" that we lose.

Good win but I suspect the Ole experiment will eventually run its course.

el3mel

Fred and McTominay are not good enough. We need a player that has a good first touch and can pass. Till then we will play like this, rubbish.
I'll drop Fred for Pogba now that he's back. No way he should be starting any more. Scott I think with his flaws on the moment will be better for us.

Pogba returning I think will solve a lot of problems for us, in fairness.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Dont you get tired ? Are you in a lockdown and bored to death or something? A very poor post all things considered.

I dont your age, but it seems like maybe late teens or early 20's considering your prospective on things regarding football?
That is one very poor post. Please "dont" my age anymore.

zizou81

We are awfully coached as evidenced by every single player making the wrong decision in the first half. Fred heading it to no one, bruno just kicking it out constantly to no one, Daniel James's never makes the right pass and runs with his head down.

The only reason we won was because pogba came on by necessity.

Seriously, put a guy with a footballing brain and quality on the pitch, team has a much better performance. Pogba difference maker. Still have no faith in daniel James's decision making nor McFred. Fred had a better 2nd half performance.

RedDevilzFox

Looks to me like many think there are style points in football.
There are style points in football, there is a reason Pep and Klopp are admired.

But the larger answer to your question is that "style" (as you put it) or patterns is indicative of having a plan and strategy. Strategy and planning that eventually pays off in the long run. Are you getting the feeling we have that now?

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
This is an awful thread and and the "experts" who presume to know feck all about coaching are about the same as Karens who go to youtube and do" research" about antivax and then yell at their physicians the next day about vaccines eventhough their diet is 90% smokes and plonk

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Going back to the topic, I don't think we are awfully coached side, but if people don't see a problem with wingers putting crosses with nobody in the box time after time after time, then we will probably agree to disagree about the "coaching" issue.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
You are wrong. It is just a case of coaching those two into prime Scholes and Keane.

BlahRules

I'll drop Fred for Pogba now that he's back. No way he should be starting any more. Scott I think with his flaws on the moment will be better for us.

Pogba returning I think will solve a lot of problems for us, in fairness.
Fred and McTominay both are bad as each other that it wont matter which one is dropped to improve the team. We need a proper DM to help the team as currently these two can't even do one man job.

cyberman

Performance wise over a slightly longer period we are struggling , injury wise and fatigue wise too. Good again city and west ham but not often apart from that this year really
But we caught that second wind at City. I think we are far enough in now, with big enough wins, that we can say we are over that blip.