We are an awfully coached team

Crashoutcassius

But we caught that second wind at City. I think we are far enough in now, with big enough wins, that we can say we are over that blip.
I thought we were very bad with the ball today. I give Milan some credit but we were frustrating today. I think we'll have over it when we are back to shredding teams in the break

NZT-One

Wasn't the target of thread to get rid of the hyperbol? Tonights game was the same story as the last ten matches or so - good result, mediocre to good performance. The 1st half was wank, the second was better, if forced or not, Ole brought Poga with a slight system change, which brought us more control. The goal in the end was lucky, individual moment not a well worked chance. After that we could get back, defend a little deeper and counter. Which we do good at. It was a professional performance. Nothing to write home about, nothing for celebrations, nothing for human sacrifice.

The manager did not get many minus-points, maybe a few for sleeping in 1st half. He got some more for the 2nd half and for bringing Pogba. But this result is neither something to proof that the coaching is bad or good. It justs proves what we know: we don't play awesome football but we get the results. As soon as we stop doing this "Successful football equals good football" some of unnecessary emotions can finally leave the thread.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Wasn't the target of thread to get rid of the hyperbol? Tonights game was the same story as the last ten matches or so - good result, mediocre to good performance. The 1st half was wank, the second was better, if forced or not, Ole brought Poga with a slight system change, which brought us more control. The goal in the end was lucky, individual moment not a well worked chance. After that we could get back, defend a little deeper and counter. Which we do good at. It was a professional performance. Nothing to write home about, nothing for celebrations, nothing for human sacrifice.

The manager did not get many minus-points, maybe a few for sleeping in 1st half. He got some more for the 2nd half and for bringing Pogba. But this result is neither something to proof that the coaching is bad or good. It justs proves what we know: we don't play awesome football but we get the results. As soon as we stop doing this "Successful football equals good football" some of unnecessary emotions can finally leave the thread.
We have managed a period of extensive injuries well. Don't get too deep with it

cyberman

I thought we were very bad with the ball today. I give Milan some credit but we were frustrating today. I think we'll have over it when we are back to shredding teams in the break
Milan played without a striker and flooded the midfield. They crowded the passing lanes and suffocated the middle of the pitch. As soon as they brought on Ibra the midfield became a more conventional battle and we bossed it. I dont think it was bad decision making, we just didnt have time to make a decision.
But we won. Quarter finals and a seemingly 2nd rate trophy sees us a top seeds in the group draw next year which is important. All we have to do is win!

NZT-One

Going back to the topic, I don't think we are awfully coached side, but if people don't see a problem with wingers putting crosses with nobody in the box time after time after time, then we will probably agree to disagree about the "coaching" issue.
Fully agree. Also always on show:
- 8 of 10 passes are played directly to the man, not into space
- Bruno trying the through ball maximal 5 seconds after receiving the ball 8 out of 10 times
- No use of the space of the pitch and moving the ball to move the opponent, feels like some of our players have so sense of space and how much sense it makes to play the ball into a space when it is already congested

NZT-One

We have managed a period of extensive injuries well. Don't get too deep with it
Cavani was the closest one to a starting eleven who was injured. Pogba wasn't a starter anymore. Mata, VDB we don't need to talk about. Martial is struggling the whole season. I'll give you Rashford but he should get some rest when he is not ready to play, no matter what he wants.

Let's not distract what we see with a presumed injury crisis: we played like that when everybody is fit. It has nothing to do with injuries or stamina. All these play their part, but the issues are there for everybody to see: we are bad at creating high value chances. Some think, admitting that would be treason to the manager - so they bring up the "player xy isn't good enough" or injuries. It shouldn't be like that.

Crashoutcassius

Milan played without a striker and flooded the midfield. They crowded the passing lanes and suffocated the middle of the pitch. As soon as they brought on Ibra the midfield became a more conventional battle and we bossed it. I dont think it was bad decision making, we just didnt have time to make a decision.
But we won. Quarter finals and a seemingly 2nd rate trophy sees us a top seeds in the group draw next year which is important. All we have to do is win!
All true. Makings of a good season. Hope against reason that some players get a good rest now over international break and we finish out strong

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I can't tell if people are trolling or they are thinking we were marvelous today (just because we won). On the balance of 2 legs, if any side looked well coached it was Milan.

Having said that, a win is a win but luck runs out sooner or later.
Yeah. People were saying that in November.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Stop with the childish bashing of the manager all the time then, kiddo
It's pretty telling you didn't formulate a single argument to discuss.
Not everyone will have the same opinion as you do on a forum.
Your embarrassing comments don't trigger me, it's just a waste of time.

Andersonson

It's pretty telling you didn't formulate a single argument to discuss.
Not everyone will have the same opinion as you do on a forum.
Your embarrassing comments don't trigger me, it's just a waste of time.
Im fine with opinios. Posts like yours doesnt contribute though, they just slag of the manager without reason. Its tiresome

FatherWolff

Just waiting for the great Ole last 5 minutes sub of forward off Tuanzebe on just to completely fook things up.
Maybe you should turn of your tv, and head for a Good old wank? Imagine being this miserable? Go off then...
Ofcourse there are, why do you think Pep, Fergie, Klopp are admired universally.
results. What did you think?

Last edited:

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
why do we love playing the ball out of defence? There were multiple occasions today when a long ball would have opened up a quick counter.

FatherWolff

Quality control
why do we love playing the ball out of defence? There were multiple occasions today when a long ball would have opened up a quick counter.
There where many occasions where we tried to. Bruno hit a few of them passes. Why do people not pay attention in matches, and complain later? I will never get the hang of it! It’s like they should follow another sport!? I watched NASCAR yesterday. It’s perfect for some of you! It just go round and round, and it’s just about slip stream. Sound a bit gay, but it’s really fun!

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
There where many occasions where we tried to. Bruno hit a few of them passes. Why do people not pay attention in matches, and complain later? I will never get the hang of it! It’s like they should follow another sport!? I watched NASCAR yesterday. It’s perfect for some of you! It just go round and round, and it’s just about slip stream. Sound a bit gay, but it’s really fun!
My point still stands though. There were occasions when short passes out of defence were prioritised over the long ball to the detriment of loosing possession.

I remember a few sporadic unsuccessful passes but nothing of quality and purpose.

Eriku

Cavani was the closest one to a starting eleven who was injured. Pogba wasn't a starter anymore. Mata, VDB we don't need to talk about. Martial is struggling the whole season. I'll give you Rashford but he should get some rest when he is not ready to play, no matter what he wants.

Let's not distract what we see with a presumed injury crisis: we played like that when everybody is fit. It has nothing to do with injuries or stamina. All these play their part, but the issues are there for everybody to see: we are bad at creating high value chances. Some think, admitting that would be treason to the manager - so they bring up the "player xy isn't good enough" or injuries. It shouldn't be like that.
Pogba not a starter? Uuuh?

NZT-One

Pogba not a starter? Uuuh?
I checked. You are right, before Pogba got the latest injury he has been in the team most of the time due to his slowly increasing form and some notable goals. But a) giving you Pogba as a starter, that is one injured starter, hardly a crisis - I am sure, you agree - and b) this season he has been in and out of the team a lot. Have a look on whoscored, there were a lot of sub appearances so it isn't like he was an automatic starter like Bruno, Fernandes, Maguire - I think not even like Fred (but haven't checked).

All in all - let's not get distracted as it was not the point I made: We had some bad luck with injuries lately, but hardly a real crisis. This season as a whole we are quite lucky with injuries. We are playing ok'ish performance wise most of the time, look like a real threat against teams that set up in a certain way against us, look very sluggish against teams that setup in a different way. That is a constant - it is easily recognizable looking at the xG-values. That doesn't have anything to do with injuries.

It is a mix of factors that go into that - and coaching is a very likely factor in that as well. Don't get defensive just because of that statement, I don't draw any conclusions of it. But the coaching seems to be a factor. And when the performance of a manager gets evaluated, this should be considered.

Eriku

I checked. You are right, before Pogba got the latest injury he has been in the team most of the time due to his slowly increasing form and some notable goals. But a) giving you Pogba as a starter, that is one injured starter, hardly a crisis - I am sure, you agree - and b) this season he has been in and out of the team a lot. Have a look on whoscored, there were a lot of sub appearances so it isn't like he was an automatic starter like Bruno, Fernandes, Maguire - I think not even like Fred (but haven't checked).

All in all - let's not get distracted as it was not the point I made: We had some bad luck with injuries lately, but hardly a real crisis. This season as a whole we are quite lucky with injuries. We are playing ok'ish performance wise most of the time, look like a real threat against teams that set up in a certain way against us, look very sluggish against teams that setup in a different way. That is a constant - it is easily recognizable looking at the xG-values. That doesn't have anything to do with injuries.

It is a mix of factors that go into that - and coaching is a very likely factor in that as well. Don't get defensive just because of that statement, I don't draw any conclusions of it. But the coaching seems to be a factor. And when the performance of a manager gets evaluated, this should be considered.
I just found it weird that someone forgot that Pogba’s been crucial this season, wasn’t meant to distract. He was in and out in the beginning because he took quite a while to fully recover after getting Covid. He’s clearly been important to us, and was a major feature of the streak that saw us leapfrog Liverpool and others in the table.

Also, losing Cavani’s clearly made it hard for us, as he’s the only player who truly gets and executes the number 9 role. Then in recent weeks we’ve had Martial and Rashford out, VDB got injured just as he had a chance to take over in midfield as Pogba and McTominay got injured. It’s not been the worst season for injuries, but I don’t know if lucky is the word.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
That's 31 matches this team have played now since December 1st. 31 games of football in 109 days. We are running on fumes now

NZT-One

I just found it weird that someone forgot that Pogba’s been crucial this season, wasn’t meant to distract. He was in and out in the beginning because he took quite a while to fully recover after getting Covid. He’s clearly been important to us, and was a major feature of the streak that saw us leapfrog Liverpool and others in the table.

Also, losing Cavani’s clearly made it hard for us, as he’s the only player who truly gets and executes the number 9 role. Then in recent weeks we’ve had Martial and Rashford out, VDB got injured just as he had a chance to take over in midfield as Pogba and McTominay got injured. It’s not been the worst season for injuries, but I don’t know if lucky is the word.
Wording always is a thing isn't it? Lets agree to disagree what "being lucky" means. I have no feeling that we were really set back by injuries at all. I mean what would you consider as luck - everybody staying fit for the whole season? Has that ever happened? I guess no, sometimes you are not able to field the strongest team, that's why you have a squad. Of course your performances and results will be affected. But our woes started before the injuries so it isn't the explanation. Looking at this years PL our xG-value, it isn't really affected by the injuries at all. These games happend all over the season. ( I calculated our avg xG is 1,6 , Median is 1,4 - go and compare that to the xG of all our fixtures. It will show you, that our troubles creating chances has nothing to do with injuries).

While we are at wording: I think "crucial" isn't really the word to describe Pogbas contributions this season. Currently he is on 3G 1A, last season it was 1G 4A, the season before 13G 9A. Doesn't feel crucial at all. He played his part surely but crucial. Come on...This isn't a try to criticize the player, Covid surely had an affect on him. He might have other reasons.

I understand your stance, you're free to have it of course. To me it feels like a blant backwards reaction: things in the past get explained by things in the present. "Pogba is a great player, he was out, we had a rough patch so it has to be connected." It certainly is a factor but surely it isn't to a degree, that it is the only possible explanation. "VDB had a chance to take over in midfield" - what? Really? VDB hadn't taken over anything before but now it is the injury that prevented his big day? By that logic we could start blaming Ole for not using Amad because he is "about to take over that right wing, if only the manager would trust him". With all due respect, that feels like strawmen arguments to me.

We are trying to discuss the performances of the team here and its deficiencies but a group of people here insists that there is one factor that must not be brought up as a possible reason. There is another (way smaller group) that puts way too much emphasis on this factor, thats also not right but there must be some sort of middleground.

EDIT: strawmen argument is a bad use of the word here. The user Eriku is right. I would rephrase to "weak and relatively unconvincing argument". My bad, apologies.

Last edited:

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
This thread is a train wreck. Every time I see the title, I cringe hard. Can it be changed to something else? We are having a good season and it's laughable that often the top thread is called "We are an awfully coached team". It's pretty one sided title and frankly, looks embarrassing. Name it "Coaching discussion" or whatever.
RedCafe should be the place for true United fans, and Ole - a club legend and our current coach who is doing a great job, gets so much abuse and hate... It's absolutely awful.

Eriku

Wording always is a thing isn't it? Lets agree to disagree, what lucky means. I have no feeling that we were really set back by injuries. I mean what is luck - everybody staying fit for the whole season? Has that ever happened? I guess no, sometimes you are not able to field the strongest team, that's why you have a squad. Looking at this years PL our xG-value, it isn't really affected by the injuries at all. These games happend all over the season. ( I calculated our avg xG is 1,6 , Median is 1,4).

While we are at wording. I think crucial isn't really the word to describe Pogba. Currently he is on 3G 1A, last season it was 1G 4A, the season before 13G 9A. Doesn't feel crucial at all. He played his part surely but crucial. Come on...

I understand your stance, you're free to have it of course. To me it feels like the typical backwards reaction. Things in past get explained by things in the present. Pogba is a great player, he was out, we had a rough patch so it has to be connected. It certainly isn't to a degree, that it is the only possible explanation. "VDB had a chance to take over in midfield" - what? Really? VDB hadn't taken over anything before but now it is the injury that prevented his big day? With all due respect, that feels like strawmen arguments to me.

We are trying to discuss the performances of the team here and its deficiencies but a group of people here insists that there is one factor that must not be brought up as a possible reason. There is another (way smaller group) that puts way too much emphasis on this factor, thats also not right but there must be some sort of middleground.
You need to look up a straw man argument, because it certainly isn’t what you seem to think, going by what you wrote. In fact, you just straw-manned me there. I didn’t say he’d suddenly get a lot better, but that we would definitely benefit from having him available when we found ourselves without two starters in CM. Of course he’s gonna have more chances to play when there’s fewer people ahead of him in line.

And summing up Pogba’s influence merely with assists and goals is really over-simplifying things. A Pogba in form always tends to be synonymous with us being better, and not just this season.

Am I part of this one group that’s insisting that injuries not be brought up? This is my first post on the subject this season, and I don’t feel strongly about it, I just disagree we’ve been lucky. Call it semantics, but don’t make claims about me policing others.

NZT-One

You need to look up a straw man argument, because it certainly isn’t what you seem to think, going by what you wrote. In fact, you just straw-manned me there. I didn’t say he’d suddenly get a lot better, but that we would definitely benefit from having him available when we found ourselves without two starters in CM. Of course he’s gonna have more chances to play when there’s fewer people ahead of him in line.

And summing up Pogba’s influence merely with assists and goals is really over-simplifying things. A Pogba in form always tends to be synonymous with us being better, and not just this season.

Am I part of this one group that’s insisting that injuries not be brought up? This is my first post on the subject this season, and I don’t feel strongly about it, I just disagree we’ve been lucky. Call it semantics, but don’t make claims about me policing others.
I wasn't intending to attack you personally. I am sorry if you understand my text like that. I changed it accordingly.

I agree goals and assists are oversimplified, but there are also other factors that no stat shows like losing the ball unnecessarily due to being to loose with it. I remember the reaction here when the words of Raiola were published. The majority was ready to let him leave and get as much money as possible. There was a reason for it back then, it still is: with all the talent he has, he doesn't apply it all too often. It seems like Pogba and ManUnited are a bad fit in this very moment - I am sorry to say that. As a team we are not capable to provide Pogba with the best environment to play his best football as his lack of workrate all too often causes issues. As a team we can't balance that enough. Which is one of the reasons we as a team started to play good football when Ole started to play Fred and McTominay who, while not having even half the natural talent, have workrate in abundance.

Eriku

I wasn't intending to attack you personally. I am sorry if you understand my text like that. I changed it accordingly.

I agree goals and assists are oversimplified, but there are also other factors that no stat shows like losing the ball unnecessarily due to being to loose with it. I remember the reaction here when the words of Raiola were published. The majority was ready to let him leave and get as much money as possible. There was a reason for it back then, it still is: with all the talent he has, he doesn't apply it all too often. It seems like Pogba and ManUnited are a bad fit in this very moment - I am sorry to say that. As a team we are not capable to provide Pogba with the best environment to play his best football as his lack of workrate all too often causes issues. As a team we can't balance that enough. Which is one of the reasons we as a team started to play good football when Ole started to play Fred and McTominay who, while not having even half the natural talent, have workrate in abundance.
I asked if you included me in that because I prefer not to assume. No worries.

People were ready to let him leave because we’ve been on this merry-go-round for some time now, and after a while you get sick of it. It’s also about his cnuty agent saying that in the run-up to an important match. It’s understandable. And while he wasn’t pulling up trees earlier in the season, from December onward he was brilliant, and we saw far fewer of his risky ball-losses, and he’s even tracking back with dedication. Last night he made a great run back to cover the back post where a player was wide open to finish a chance if he got the cross, and I’ve seen far more effort like that this season. In fact, he won player of the month for us just before getting injured.

I got the impression that in December, when we really picked up the pace and started looking like contenders, a flip switched in Pogba’s head. He’s been more disciplined, worked harder defensively, and has chipped in with important goals. A year ago I would have agreed with you, but as of right now I’d say he’s one of our more important players when fit.

My two cents, we’re probably not gonna agree.

rotherham_red

We literally had an 18 year old Mason Greenwood as our only fit striker. In what world is that not an injury crisis? Rashford has clearly been playing injured too. Pogba, Cavani, and Martial also being out is one third of our outfield X being out, and players like Mata and VdB would have come in for Pogba and Martial, but were also out. We even had to dip as far down as Shola Shoretire to have the numbers on the bench. So again, I ask, in what world is that not an injury crisis?

Since Pogba got injured, we've won 5 and drawn 5. Not great certainly, but when you factor in we've had to play subpar players in crucial positions other than Pogba's during this run, we've done about as well as we could, all in all - the only disappointing games were WBA and Palace during this run, but we made up for Palace with the City win, and incompetent refereeing screwed us out of a win in the former. The Everton game was a killer in terms of momentum too, but we seem to have clawed it back in the past week through the solid defensive performances.

Having squad players fill in during this time and them coming through the games we've had is a testament to their character which goes way beyond the metrics. Look at Liverpool if you want to see what not having the players off the bench can do.

Also, I think everyone needs to chill on the performances this season. We've had literally one free midweek all season and have played 2, sometimes 3 games per week almost every week. Meaning any time in between games have been focused on rest and preparation for the next game, rather than building synergies and systems. And it's not just us, but the vast majority of the other teams in Europe who have had this issue, and the accumulative fatigue is now taking hold - the goals per game rate in the PL has been markedly trending downwards ever since November. In addition to that, we also hit a wall in the last month, but crucially, we never allowed it to overcome us, and with the injuries now easing up, we should hopefully see out the rest of the season reasonably well.

NZT-One

We literally had an 18 year old Mason Greenwood as our only fit striker. In what world is that not an injury crisis? Rashford has clearly been playing injured too. Pogba, Cavani, and Martial also being out is one third of our outfield X being out, and players like Mata and VdB would have come in for Pogba and Martial, but were also out. We even had to dip as far down as Shola Shoretire to have the numbers on the bench. So again, I ask, in what world is that not an injury crisis?

Since Pogba got injured, we've won 5 and drawn 5. Not great certainly, but when you factor in we've had to play subpar players in crucial positions other than Pogba's during this run, we've done about as well as we could, all in all - the only disappointing games were WBA and Palace during this run, but we made up for Palace with the City win, and incompetent refereeing screwed us out of a win in the former. The Everton game was a killer in terms of momentum too, but we seem to have clawed it back in the past week through the solid defensive performances.

Having squad players fill in during this time and them coming through the games we've had is a testament to their character which goes way beyond the metrics. Look at Liverpool if you want to see what not having the players off the bench can do.

Also, I think everyone needs to chill on the performances this season. We've had literally one free midweek all season and have played 2, sometimes 3 games per week almost every week. Meaning any time in between games have been focused on rest and preparation for the next game, rather than building synergies and systems. And it's not just us, but the vast majority of the other teams in Europe who have had this issue, and the accumulative fatigue is now taking hold - the goals per game rate in the PL has been markedly trending downwards ever since November. In addition to that, we also hit a wall in the last month, but crucially, we never allowed it to overcome us, and with the injuries now easing up, we should hopefully see out the rest of the season reasonably well.
We can argue about what constitutes a "crisis" all day. I know it isn't a crisis for me. And even if I am generous trying to meet you halfway it doesn't change the fact, that the performances are mostly the same during the season. A serious dip in the beginning, a run of very good form around Christmas, followed by a rather dull phase after and back to slightly above average now.

I find it a bit odd, that a few people react to only one part of my post - why don't you detail your stance on the point I made: "United is not good at creating high value chances when the opposition team does not have go at us". That's an observation - not an opinion. My opinion is, there are a few factors going into that: the squad, the form, injuries, instances of luck and bad luck. AND the manager and his abilities or inabilities to influence the way we play.

But this thread mostly revolves around the not-good-enough-players, now the injuries, you brought up the referees in your post. Are you aware of the fact that these apply to all other teams as well? If Liverpool would have had more luck with injuries, potentially United wouldn't be where it is. If Leicester or Chelsea would have had more plain luck, they would be positioned somewhere else. Brighton would have way better results with having just one better player in attack to finish their chances? Which manager is not keen on better players than the ones at his disposal?

It feels like there is some sort of smokescreen in here. Some are ready to burn the players, burn the board. Attack referees, complain about injuries but the one factor... do not dare talk about it. It feels like some posters have invested so much time to either complain or to defend the manager, that now there is almost no discussion possible. Sunken Loss fallacy.
A year into Ole's reign people rightfully jumped in to defend him against mostly idiotic and definitely premature attacks. But the stance "Ole isn't a shit coach, binning him doesn't solve any of the current issues" became/evolved/perverted into "Ole is a great coach, don't even dare to suggest, that the team would benefit from having somebody else in there" for some posters. And some evolved evolved further to the thing they fought in the beginning: people who seem to have problems with other peoples arguments, ready to question their intelligence as a person, integrity as fan and to suggest to switch the team if you're not behind the manager. Look at the kindergarten in some threads. Good result - one gang beats the drum, bad result - the other gang beats the drum. We've come a long way, didn't we...

For me, our supposedly injury crisis is one lazy argument of one particular group. Sure, the injuries certainly did not help the performances. But it couldn't cause it because it started earlier. And to make sure I don't get misunderstood here: the results are great and Ole and the team should be credited for them big time.
The performances though are so and so, a few peaks to the better, a few more to the worse. The manager and the team are responsible for that as well and it should be possible to talk about "where we would be with a different manager" without an outcry.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
For me, our supposedly injury crisis is one lazy argument of one particular group
I agree with you. I wouldn't say that our injuries this season have yet reached the point where I'd personally use the word crisis. It would have been lovely to have Cavani available a lot more but we knew what we were signing. That aside I think our injuries have been mostly manageable. The bigger issue for me is that our attacking depth just hasn't allowed us the chance to keep the likes of Rashford and Bruno fresher than what we are seeing at the moment.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
It's time for a Table update since the restart. It's now been 38 matches and remember, in the long run, the table never lies.

MC 40 matches, 95 points, 73 GD
MU 38, 78, 40
Che 38, 69, 22
LC 38, 65, 17
Liv 38, 63, 19

We are comfortably the 2nd best club against a great City team. How anyone can say we are a terribly coached team is beyond me. IMO we are a very good DM and RW away from seriously competing with City.

Polar

That second place in the league is only an unrepeatable matter of luck and casualty

Champions league and Europe league shows the real level, which is very low
Christ... Can someone stop this thread? Sometimes I think I’ve been directed to the Liverpool forum.

Deserved win yesterday against a very good team. Perfect coaching and job done. Our performance could’ve been better, but also much worse. 6 of 10.

bonothom

You must be pissed that Ole didn't do that and we got through?

Maybe next time eh?
Past 2 games he has refrained from pointless subs and United have won both 1-0. He's starting to learn from past mistakes and that's all I ask. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Also in the past 2 games when he hasn't made these pointless subs United have looked in control as they have retained possession better. If you take the Everton and home leg Milan game as examples it was the complete opposite. After making pointless defence minded subs, Blind panic followed by conceding late goals.

bonothom

It's time for a Table update since the restart. It's now been 38 matches and remember, in the long run, the table never lies.

MC 40 matches, 95 points, 73 GD
MU 38, 78, 40
Che 38, 69, 22
LC 38, 65, 17
Liv 38, 63, 19

We are comfortably the 2nd best club against a great City team. How anyone can say we are a terribly coached team is beyond me. IMO we are a very good DM and RW away from seriously competing with City.
If we got Haaland I'd rate our chances for competing with City. If City get Haaland United can kiss the title bye bye for the next 5 years.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
If we got Haaland I'd rate our chances for competing with City. If City get Haaland United can kiss the title bye bye for the next 5 years.
You might be right. However, I and many others thought Liverpool would win 1 or 2 more and look what happened. I still think a very good DM would just change the dynamic of our play. Just imagine if we had a Kante like player.

Cantonagotmehere

That's 31 matches this team have played now since December 1st. 31 games of football in 109 days. We are running on fumes now
Wow, that is an amazing stat. I worry Ole is not the 'best man for the job', but a lot of slack should be cut for players and managers with that crazy type of schedule.

Robbie Boy

Your posts are getting very unstable dude.

Varun1

This thread is a train wreck. Every time I see the title, I cringe hard. Can it be changed to something else? We are having a good season and it's laughable that often the top thread is called "We are an awfully coached team". It's pretty one sided title and frankly, looks embarrassing. Name it "Coaching discussion" or whatever.
RedCafe should be the place for true United fans, and Ole - a club legend and our current coach who is doing a great job, gets so much abuse and hate... It's absolutely awful.
I guess its fine for you to have an opinion on Rashford, Martial and Lingard but other people aren't allowed an opinion on Ole!
The internet is full of moaners and people who can't accept other's opinion.

How about having a constructive discussion? I've been coming in this thread because I see gaps in the coaching and I want a discussion about it, maybe am wrong afterall, instead half of this thread is full of posts like your's.
And yes, I know am moaning too right now, every thread seems full of nonsense like yours. I need to learn to be more selective!

Last edited:

Foxbatt

I think all of you should watch the RVN / Rio interview.
It will tell us what they do in practice and why it works well during the match. I am not comparing Martial or Rashford to Giggs and James to Becks.
But these guys don't even attempt to make a pass. The CF doesn't even attempt to make a move into space. This is the situation every game. Not once or twice but all the time.
Now if players are refusing to follow the instructions they should be dropped. No matter what.
If they did attempt or even if it comes off one fourth of the time, we would have been much closer to City or even above them.
So it's obvious something is wrong.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Same old, same old. Awful start. But nothing, nothing to do with coaching. Shame on the players. They're so shit. No doubt Bruno or Pogba will bail management out for the 100th time.