We are an awfully coached team

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Shit tactics, so scared of the ball.playing so passively.

Conte is available I heard.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
You say that like I’m the one not learning lessons here, buddy. How many more times are you willing to see us concede from set-pieces and still think there isn’t a coaching issue at play here? Genuinely curious.
I'm not saying don't ask questions mate. It's a European cup final and we're playing. in my mind, I'll wait for the outcome. Celebrate or drown my sorrows but why with the coaching issue. It seems bizarre to me. Sorry for telling to feck off though.

paintycanned

Supports
portadown fc
These players are paid ridiculous amounts of money to do a job, stop blaming the manager.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I'm not saying don't ask questions mate. It's a European cup final and we're playing. in my mind, I'll wait for the outcome. Celebrate or drown my sorrows but why with the coaching issue. It seems bizarre to me. Sorry for telling to feck off though.
No worries. No offence taken.

We aren’t playing particularly bad, IMO, and are most definitely a superior team to them, but it’s so infuriating when continually give up goals from the exact same situations time after time.

At this stage, such is the frequency of it and no improvements are being made on same, my conclusion is that it’s a coaching issue: either we can’t improve the players’ abilities to deal with these scenarios, or worse still, Solskjaer and the coaching team haven’t identified the problem, hence why no improvements are to be expected.

Stadjer

here he is hahahahahahahahah like clockwork
Not saying Ole needs replacing but it is hard to argue that Conte isnt a better manager than Ole (Result-wise at the very least). Tuchel is also better imo and Ole wasnt replaced with Tuchel so its not like every time a better manager is available there needs to be a replacement for Ole. Ole didnt actually do that bad this season.

Lee565

Sorry but if zidane becomes available we should be going all out in signing up a real winner. We aren't going to progress any further with ole than a complacent top 4 side

Crashoutcassius

Not saying Ole needs replacing but it is hard to argue that Conte isnt a better manager than Ole (Result-wise at the very least). Tuchel is also better imo and Ole wasnt replaced with Tuchel so its not like every time a better manager is available there needs to be a replacement for Ole. Ole didnt actually do that bad this season.
Hahahahahahahaah

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Which team? The one who tries to attack or the one who have had 11 men on their own half for 60% of the match. Its shite defending at set pieces that let us down (again)

Thats not tactics
What have we created?

Idxomer

Another evidence we're going nowhere under Ole's management, anyone think he could challenge for the league or the CL is deluded beyond help.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
This is the football that United plays, don't know why you are acting brand new. It is just really really average and the occasional 6-2 doesn't change that. Those screaming after a 6-2 are far more knee-jerk and reactionary than the ones criticism throughout.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I hate to say it, but the game management today was atrocious!

PoTMS

No matter what happens, this is not enough progress. A 50/50 penalty shootout determines if we've progressed or not? Nah, not for me. We need a better manager than Ole.

shahzy

So poor. I mean this shouldn't even have gone to pens. The team is clearly better but better players don't play better when they are tired. It doesn't matter if you win on pens when you should be winning in the 90 mins

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Not calling for his head and hope we win, somehow.
He's not the man to take us to the top. He's just not.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Winning this competition - after we dropped into it due to our failings in the Champions League - was bare minimum as far as I was concerned and here we are making a dog’s dinner of it against a team we should be comfortably beating.

So to echo what others are saying, winning it via a coin toss against a side we should be convincingly beating isn’t a sign of progress, or if it is, it is fairly infinitesimal.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Ridiculous managing. United won't win anything with this guy as manager.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Okay so what's the progress now? Give him till Christmas and try to identify a replacement. Nothing to do with bottling, he just isn't good.

But we beat Roma 6-2.

Roboc7

Ole’s not a great manager, that’s obvious but if he wants to have any success he’s got to at least have some bottle.

SAFMUTD

This one its on him cant imagine a worse game managment than this one. Shit the bed BIG time

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I've mellowed a lot with regards to Ole. He's made progress, albeit limited. He's done what he's been asked to, more or less, which I did not expect. He's a self-described non-coaching manager, but a leader. And he either needs to get a coaching staff assembled that improves the side collectively and has tactical nous, or he's reached his ceiling.