We are completely dependent on Pogba's contribution

Eli Zee

What a wank thread. Man scores half his goals from penalties and 3/4 of his contribution over a 2 month spell. Anyone watching us over the course of the season can see he's not capable of a seasons worth of form with full consistency.
Why not? Does he not play good for France most of the time? Solid in juve? If he had more quality around him he would be even better for us..

Reactions: Ødegaard

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Not all teammates are consistently awful. Matic had a high the same time Pogba did. Lindelof was one of our most consistent performers over the course of the season. Rashfords peak form coincided with Pogba's too.

Young sure had a shit season throughout. As did Lingard. Most others had hit a purple patch during Xmas all the same as Pogba.

He's not compared against legends. His standalone performances are judged. You don't need to have star players around you to not jog around with your arse sticking out and hog the ball during poor periods of play. When he's great he's great. But it's noway near consistent enough. A dip of a month or even two can be palatable. But being below par for 6 months out of the 9? Feck right off :lol:
And that 3 months was better than any performances any other player gave in the 9.

The Caf is truly an odd place. Limited players like Ander Freaking Herrera are lauded, while world class players like Pogba are widely criticized. If I were Pogba, given all the vitriol he's gotten all season while still being United's best player by a wide margin, I would want out too.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Why not? Does he not play good for France most of the time? Solid in juve? If he had more quality around him he would be even better for us..
It's a wank thread b/c that poster really hates Paul Pogba and loves the previous manager.

djembatheking

Losing the player who got Ole the job... not looking forward to next season at all.
What a complete load of nonsense . When Jose was sacked , Pogba and a few others raised their game not to get Ole the job but to prove that it was not them but Jose that was the problem . Ole got praised , hailed as the new Messiah , Oles at the wheel and all that then the players resorted back to type and stopped putting the work in which resulted in the shite end to season we saw .
Pogba only gives a feck about Pogba and will disrupt everything til he gets his way .
He behaved much better when Zlatan was here as Zlatan was the big dog and Pogba looked up to him , the club needs to take a stand and name a price , no player swaps involved , done well before our window closes so we can replace him or he stays and behaves and plays well or plays in the reserves . It won`t happen though as we are a business not a football club .

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He was our best player for 2 months. That's literally it.
He was our best player at a number of different times last season. The first two times he was one of only two people playing well (first time with Shaw, second time Martial). Then of course he had the third period where everybody was playing well, and he was not only our best player but was up there amongst the best in the world for that two months or so.

Of course, in between those good periods he did have just as many bad periods.

Saf94

He’s not the type of guy you depend on, he isn’t Messi, he won’t win you games on his own. At Juve he scored 7/8 goals a season never more even when he was surrounded with quality. He was never the main man far from it, other guys took that mantle, same with France with Griez, Mbappe etc.

He’s a luxury player, world class and adds a lot quality but he’s not the guy you build around who will drag those around him up and give consistent 8/10 performances

Foxbatt

He is a brilliant player but he is not the kind of player we need or we can rely on. He plays for himself especially in a team where he is the best player. In France, he has players that are more important to the team than Pogba so he gets down and plays for the team. At United he knows he can be selfish and gets away with it.
What we need is a player who will play for the team and who will do it every day and not only two or three times a season.

clarkydaz

lets give him a better contract, the captaincy and build the team around him. That'll work, right? He'll respect us more then

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
when you've got a virus on your computer, you send in McAFee or Karspersky or Norton. Time for the club to do the same with Pogba. He wants out? He can feck off

WensleyMU

At a guess I would say he's probably cost us as many points as he's gained for us last season.

He made high profile mistakes regularly.

ottosec

Some ridiculous opinions in this thread, but I suppose it's to be expected when the blood runs hot. He is vastly superior to any player we have, except DDG. If we lose both DDG and Pogba, which looks very likely, our squad is no better than Everton, Wolves or Leicester.

SER19

We're heavily dependent on it and his contribution includes an full circus of negativity, inconsistency and unsettling of players fans and managers.

Sell sell sell.

Foxbatt

Some ridiculous opinions in this thread, but I suppose it's to be expected when the blood runs hot. He is vastly superior to any player we have, except DDG. If we lose both DDG and Pogba, which looks very likely, our squad is no better than Everton, Wolves or Leicester.
No one denies that he is the best or rather the most talented player at United right now. But football is a team game and for sure he is not the most team oriented player and it does not matter whether he plays for United of for France. He is too selfish to be a team player at United only because he is the best player. He is too indulgent. What we need are players who may be less talented but who will play for the team.

Lentwood

What's the point in having one standout player if it's too the detriment of the rest of the team?

The difference between Liverpool/City and United is that they are a collective which is greater than the sum of their parts. We are weaker than the sum of our parts because they don't work together

ottosec

No one denies that he is the best or rather the most talented player at United right now. But football is a team game and for sure he is not the most team oriented player and it does not matter whether he plays for United of for France. He is too selfish to be a team player at United only because he is the best player. He is too indulgent. What we need are players who may be less talented but who will play for the team.
I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous. Even half-arsed, as you claim he is, he's still our best player. What does that say of our other players?

He'sRaldo

Most here are too invested one way or another to have the most balanced opinion about the situation, especially the obvious agenda posters.

My opinion for what it's worth is we should only get rid of our best players from a position of strength. With this being our most uncertain period in a while, it would be to our detriment to get rid of him right now. This applies to our other good players as well.

Last edited:

Foxbatt

I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous. Even half-arsed, as you claim he is, he's still our best player. What does that say of our other players?
Half arsed has got nothing to do with the best player. If you read the whole thing you may understand that I have said he is the most talented player at United. The problem with him is his application as a team player. He is not a team player I have pointed out. As for our other players, it is a fact they are not as good as Pogba.

ottosec

Most here are too invested one way or another to have the most balanced opinion about the situation (myself included), especially the obvious agenda posters.

My opinion for what it's worth is we should only get rid of our best players from a position of strength. With this being our most uncertain period in a while, it would be to our detriment to get rid of him right now. This applies to our other good players as well.
I agree. I think our best option now is to keep him for another year, even against his will. He's impossible to replace now and will be a big loss if he leaves, but if we can make CL next year we'll be in a much better position to recruit a replacement. Ole, if he doesn't get sacked by them, will also have a season under his belt, and would not be seen as a rookie manager by potential targets.

Eli Zee

What a complete load of nonsense . When Jose was sacked , Pogba and a few others raised their game not to get Ole the job but to prove that it was not them but Jose that was the problem . Ole got praised , hailed as the new Messiah , Oles at the wheel and all that then the players resorted back to type and stopped putting the work in which resulted in the shite end to season we saw .
Pogba only gives a feck about Pogba and will disrupt everything til he gets his way .
He behaved much better when Zlatan was here as Zlatan was the big dog and Pogba looked up to him , the club needs to take a stand and name a price , no player swaps involved , done well before our window closes so we can replace him or he stays and behaves and plays well or plays in the reserves . It won`t happen though as we are a business not a football club .
That is a great analysis that might not even be true...

Isn’t it possible Ole had them playing the way he wanted them to play and then they fitnesses burned out? Due to lack of quality, extra running is required causing players to fatigue a lot over time.... leading to our horrible end to the season.

They won against PSG 3-1 without pogba and some other key players ...

ottosec

Half arsed has got nothing to do with the best player. If you read the whole thing you may understand that I have said he is the most talented player at United. The problem with him is his application as a team player. He is not a team player I have pointed out. As for our other players, it is a fact they are not as good as Pogba.
Most assists, most chances created, most possession and duels won => not a team player? Really?

Cathy Ferguson

Sell him if we get at least 140m and can get a decent replacement. I do not care if it means that we lose some creativity, he is poison and has a poor influence on the younger players. We might do a Ronaldo type agreement and sell him next summer if Ole has built his planning around him.

Eli Zee

Sell him if we get at least 140m and can get a decent replacement. I do not care if it means that we lose some creativity, he is poison and has a poor influence on the younger players. We might do a Ronaldo type agreement and sell him next summer if Ole has built his planning around him.
You really think pogba has a bad influence on his teammates?

These are professional players who have been training their whole lives. They know they have to work hard or they will fall off. Why would pogba change their work ethic or anything?? Maybe they will have more fun in the dressing room... that’s about it.

Please stop hating on Pogba because he posts on social media a little more than other people and actually tries to enjoy himself.

Also, pogba works hard. Why do you think he is so good ? These players will see he works hard and it pays off.... they watch him train. He isn’t sitting on social media at training.

djembatheking

That is a great analysis that might not even be true...

Isn’t it possible Ole had them playing the way he wanted them to play and then they fitnesses burned out? Due to lack of quality, extra running is required causing players to fatigue a lot over time.... leading to our horrible end to the season.

They won against PSG 3-1 without pogba and some other key players ...
I agree mate it may not be true , we are all just expressing opinions .

It is possible it was down to Oles tactics but it didn`t last many games even though we kept winning .

The PSG game was a strange one , I don`t see it as a tactical masterclass just thought we got lucky with the goals , sloppy PSG defending and a VAR penalty at the death which for me was very fortunate .

redshaw

Do we have a similar breakdown of his stats for the season before last where we finished with 81 points in second place?

Bestietom

Get rid, and bring someone in who really wants to play for the badge and give us 110% every game.

Canagel

Most assists, most chances created, most possession and duels won => not a team player? Really?
None of that is important he's too toxic. When the "toxic influence" is removed everything shall be restored to normal.

Last edited:

Irwin99

Do we have a similar breakdown of his stats for the season before last where we finished with 81 points in second place?
Haven't got the stats but from memory it wasn't a great season from him. First season was a 6 out of 10 at best too.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He was our best player at a number of different times last season. The first two times he was one of only two people playing well (first time with Shaw, second time Martial). Then of course he had the third period where everybody was playing well, and he was not only our best player but was up there amongst the best in the world for that two months or so.

Of course, in between those good periods he did have just as many bad periods.
It's such a short period though. He had a solid output for 2 months so let's keep him. Do you understand how feeble that basis is? By his own standards he is more off form than in form over the 3 seasons he's been here. His individual performances are no way near consistent enough to warrant his salary or long term place.

He is as culpable to our poor performances as anyone. Huddersfield, Newcastle, Barcelona, Wolves.. He's been as bad as anyone on those days. I find it very odd why the hardcore fans of his point to 2 months of good form and then point to France (where he played 4 good games out of 7, prior to which he's booed off by his own fans) to suggest he's some consistent world beater.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It's such a short period though. He had a solid output for 2 months so let's keep him. Do you understand how feeble that basis is? By his own standards he is more off form than in form over the 3 seasons he's been here. His individual performances are no way near consistent enough to warrant his salary or long term place.
It wasn't just 2 months. Over the course of the season as a whole he was pretty much 50/50 in terms of good/bad performances. Some of those good performances were truly world class, and two or three of the bad performances were truly disgraceful.

The thing that has to be remembered is that unfortunately 50/50 is actually him being more consistent than just about anybody else in the team. Certainly far more than any of our other attackers or midfielders, and only a couple of the defenders (in a season where we conceded 54 goals just in the league) were maybe able to hold a higher level of consistency. That is how poor basically every single player was this season, so why is it him that many people seem to focus on?

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Now Pogba is a selfish player. People will make anything up just to fit a narrative. Lots of utter crap posted in this thread.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Honestly losing Pogba and not replacing him will put us on par with Everton, even on paper.

ottosec

None of that is important he's too toxic. When the "toxic influence" is removed everything shall be restored to normal.
Prepare your umbrella, it will be raining trophies as soon as this virus leaves.

littlepeasoup

For however good he is, he'll always want away, so the notion we'd want to build a team around him seems pure folly. I do personally think he's an astounding player, but if we can get £150million for him we should absolutely take it and reinvest.

There's no point in trying to build a team around a player who doesn't want to be here. We're better off building a team of players who compliment each other now, so that we won't be completely unbalanced when he inevitably leaves.

Foxbatt

Why is the focus on him? Because he is the one wanting to leave and trying to engineer a move. If he was wanting to stay I am sure no one is going to ask him to be sold.

Jeffthered

I just hope the (eventual) deal is done, soon, so we can all move on. It's this constant energy that is no good for the club.

As a player, I think he is a wonderful player and talent. His time has been, like every other player (although you would not think so reading redcafe. at times..) problematic, affected with poor management, and a club trying to find its way through transitions. His approach certainly hasn't been what it should have at times, although, I also think he is made a scapegoat for any flaming thing that happens on the pitch. Sometimes he cannot win.

An awesome talent, who needs to move on for him, and for the club. The more we ask 'whether he will stay etc...' and people complain, it makes us seem like a club without foundation, history, resource, nor principle.

Rossa

We're heavily dependent on it and his contribution includes an full circus of negativity, inconsistency and unsettling of players fans and managers.

Sell sell sell.
Spot on, mate! The only thing we depend on Pogba for is inconsistent games. That's pretty much what he brings to the table. If we could play our best game away to PSG without him, it tells me we can do just fine without him next season. I think we can improve on McTominay and Pereira...