We are hypocrits of the highest order.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
We are hypocrits of the highest order.
While I completely agree with your sentiment, I am triggered by your spelling.

This is a transitional season. Getting top four was always a bonus.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
You have to take into account some posters (other than rival fans who love to banter) want ETH gone cause he's not Ole/Poch. Nowadays, there's like a **** following some managers around and this **** will do absolutely everything to throw shit at the current manager cause their favorite isn't in his place.
That’s bollocks to be fair aint it.

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
...So, what's going to happen? We get Nagelsmann in, we do well for a bit, miss out on top 4 and sack him too? Whilst still having the same players all the other managers have had?

...You get a new manager in, and then what? He gets 2 or 3 of his players in, off loads 2 or 3 and then we're stuck with the majority of players the other managers have had. We take 5 months or so to fully implement their style. Go on a winning run and then go on a bad patch of form, miss out on top 4, no trophies and let's sack him too? We'll run out of managers and become a club no top manager wants to go to. Look at Spurs, look at Chelsea. No one of any real substance, or higher echelon of manager wants to go there anymore!
To counter "potentially sacking EtH because we *might* lose out on Top 4" by insinuating dark scenarios what *might* happen then, it just doesn't go down well for me. That being said, I still agree with your premise that we aren't going to let ourselves spurs our way forward, and feel blessed I'm not among those that take such HR decisions, as I'd have no fecking clue how to go about it, to be quite frank with you.

U99ted

Around 87% of people voted no to the thread being referenced.

Fully Fledged

There are thousands of posters on here, of course some are going to have extreme (or stupid) ideas.

The vast majority don't want Hag sacked.
Yep.

I wouldn't say wanting him sacked is hypocrisy either, I'd say it's short termism.

I said before the season started that we weren't going to have enough strength in depth to handle losing certain key players to injury or suspension. That's proving to be the case now. Give the manager time and see where we are next year and the season after that. I think he's worth giving 3 seasons to see if he's taking the team in the right direction.

FriedClams

I think you have to realize that this club has some of the best, and some of the worst fans in the world. And all of the worst fans, use forums regularly.

Fully Fledged

Not to critize the below posters, but a simple 2 minute search shows I haven't made it up at all... Maybe stop claiming people have made up shit they've noticed (rightly or wrongly)?

Voted "Yes" to the "Should ETH be sacked question if we don't get Top 4" thread

Same as above.

Again, this is not aimed as a criticism for the above posters for their opinions, everyone is entitled to their own. Just showing you what you wanted, even though I don't think I had to, just that I didn't like being accused of making up shit.

And I also was supporting Ole as I wanted him to succeed, I don't think anyone wasn't. But some people will shill their flavor of the month/obsession any chance they get (not accusing the above 2 of doing this, others have probably done this, cba finding posts). Its not "rubbish" if you follow some threads and see the patterns.
I was cheering for Ole, and think his second and third place finishes are extremely underrated on here but knew it was time to part ways when we did. I want ETH to be given time though.

Flying high

Football isn't fair. If he doesn't get across the line from here, he's damaged ahead of next season. All the credit he's built up will have gone and we'll go into next season with an under-pressure manager. Sadly.

I'd keep him because I think many of his mistakes have been as a result of trying to manage a fragile squad. But, as we've seen before, the damage done from within is the hardest for a manger to deal with. I'm not saying people can't criticise, but at least try to reign it in a bit.