We are so easy for smaller teams to beat

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Just sit back, that's all you've gotta do. Sit back, watch us try to break down your defence in the most hilariously clueless way, then catch us on the break with a long ball or get a set piece and score.

Foul us wide too, we are the worst set piece team in world football, so just foul us.

AFC NimbleThumb

It’s so frustrating.

If we can’t score we should at least be able to keep a clean sheet.

It’s such a repetitive process you’d think they’d learn their lesson.

JoaquinJoaquin

We lack creativity and that's why we can't put these dreadful teams away. We really need a class #10.

Sylar

And we can't concentrate at the back for the full game meaning a big chance which normally leads to conceding.

Sterling Archer

We're not good enough. We would seriously have been better spending the 80+50 million on attackers and just playing Axel or Dalot instead of Young.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
We lack creativity and that's why we can't put these dreadful teams away. We really need a class #10.
Miss Pogbas creativity.
This. Creativity and support from midfield. Defenders are forced to play out wide or long because there are no passing options in front of them. Fred and Pereira are too afraid to get dispossessed and goes hiding and that makes it easy just two manning Scott

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

We're not good enough. We would seriously have been better spending the 80+50 million on attackers and just playing Axel or Dalot instead of Young.
Unfortunately they get injured tying their shoelaces so it's not possible.

Bailly, Jones, Shaw, Rojo, Dalot Tuanzebe... We literally have about 3 defenders you can depend on to be fit most weeks.

BaneIsPain

We have no plan B against team like this. I think since Van gaal tenure we are struggling

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Mata would look more effective in place of Pereira as we've had space to turn in and around their box which Mata usually thrives on.

Sterling Archer

Unfortunately they get injured tying their shoelaces so it's not possible.

Bailly, Jones, Shaw, Rojo, Dalot Tuanzebe... We literally have about 3 defenders you can depend on to be fit most weeks.
We could have gotten away with buying three championship right backs is the point. It's not like our fullbacks are bombing down the sides with overlapping runs and sending crosses in or sending 40 yd diagonals like the top ones do.

Robbie Boy

We struggle to break teams down despite a-lot of early domination. In turn, the ‘smaller teams’ will generally gain confidence as the game goes on, they nick a goal and we retreat. Our defense has improved, but it’s very overrated on here.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
We're a mid table team capable of getting good results against better sides than us so what do people expect? This is our level under Ole.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Look at how poor Chelsea and Liverpool were against us when playing this way. Players like Pereira don't have the quality required to break down defence like this.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You absolutely miss Pogba. Pereira is absolutely awful and Pogba is the only player you have that is capable of playing over the top through balls that Martial and Rashford thrive off. Fred and Pereira have tried a few on the floor through balls today that have been very poor.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
You absolutely miss Pogba. Pereira is absolutely awful and Pogba is the only player you have that is capable of playing over the top through balls that Martial and Rashford thrive off. Fred and Pereira have tried a few on the floor through balls today that have been very poor.
Our results weren't any better with Pogba in the team.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Without a doubt, but you still have some claiming we're better off without Pogba!

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

We struggle to break teams down despite a-lot of early domination. In turn, the ‘smaller teams’ will generally gain confidence as the game goes on, they nick a goal and we retreat. Our defense has improved, but it’s very overrated on here.
"Domination"

You mean passing the ball sideways, backwards and running into defenders?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
All comes down to the same thing. A lack of creativity.

El Zoido

It’s so frustrating.

If we can’t score we should at least be able to keep a clean sheet.
It doesn’t necessarily work like that. If the game is 0-0 then it gives the opposition massive impetus to push on for a winner. It’s not 0-0 because we’re playing a deep defensive game.

AFC NimbleThumb

It doesn’t necessarily work like that. If the game is 0-0 then it gives the opposition massive impetus to push on for a winner. It’s not 0-0 because we’re playing a deep defensive game.
Aside the Palace game it’s not like we’ve conceded late goals though.

I forget the poster but someone put it perfectly this week; when we concede you can see it coming for 5-10 seconds - today for instance the second the ball was bouncing towards a Bournemouth I had a sense somehow he’ll be allowed to find a shot on target.

You dissect goals we concede & it’s a comedy of errors. Surely OgS will understand by now that offensively things aren’t perfect; all I meant was we should be eradicating the moments that leave us exposed week in week out; it’s already too late once King gets the ball in the box.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Look at how poor Chelsea and Liverpool were against us when playing this way. Players like Pereira don't have the quality required to break down defence like this.
Incredible how Ole takes no responsibility for shite performance after shite performance. Let me guess, Bournemouths squad is just vastly superior to ours?

Leftback99

Incredible how Ole takes no responsibility for shite performance after shite performance. Let me guess, Bournemouths squad is just vastly superior to ours?
I just don't expect brilliance away from home from from players like Pereira. As i posted before the game i was expecting a difficult game unlike most. A well rested Bournemouth side were never going to be the walkover many thought. It's just gone as i expected really.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I just don't expect brilliance away from home from from players like Pereira. As i posted before the game i was expecting a difficult game unlike most. A well rested Bournemouth side were never going to be the walkover many thought. It's just gone as i expected really.
Yeah early kick off away was always going to cause us problems. It was never going to be the walkover people expected it to be

Dr. StrangeHate

I think Lampard should really be questioned on why he was so naive against us, same as Norwich manager. There is a blueprint to play us and if you can't follow that then your job should really be in danger.

manunited1919

Just sit back, that's all you've gotta do. Sit back, watch us try to break down your defence in the most hilariously clueless way, then catch us on the break with a long ball or get a set piece and score.

Foul us wide too, we are the worst set piece team in world football, so just foul us.
But but but, we needed to invest 80 million in a CB to fix our defense instead of our midfield and forwards.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
We just aren’t well coached at all and the players have absolutely zero idea about creating space and the quality of the players is also not good enough. No tight control, vision and timing of pass is awful.

Bad.

Leftback99

Yeah early kick off away was always going to cause us problems. It was never going to be the walkover people expected it to be
Early kick off, two away games since Bournemouth last played, horrible conditions, most creative player missing. We should be smashing them :wenger:.

spiriticon

I agree. Is it really that hard to play against a team which packs 2 lines of four at the back?

For about 5 years now we seem to have no answer.

Greck

We do but the reality is also no one player can fix poor pitch-wide tactics. We will continue to collapse in games where we need more than a couple passes to get into the opposition's box. I don't know if we even completed a single one-two in this game meanwhile Bournemouth kept carving and bamboozling us with them

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I agree. Is it really that hard to play against a team which packs 2 lines of four at the back?

For about 5 years now we seem to have no answer.
We have no real patterns of play to cut these teams apart. We recycle the ball and go for a miraculous cross. No wonder we struggle. Bournemout showed some interesting passing movements in the 2nd half that we are nowhere near replicating

layzie702

After all Jose wasn’t as stupid as people made him out to be. Jose said after our first game of the season against Chelsea, that united will struggle against team that park the bus. We will struggle against Colchester. We will either win by a single goal or a single goal plus added penalties.

Mcking

We have a lot of average talents. The likes of McTominay, Wan-Bissaka, James, Young should be no where near a Bournemouth XI talk of Man Utd's starting XI.

Lentwood

We seem to concede goals from very innocuous situations. We have to work really hard to fashion half chances, with opposition players throwing themselves into tackles and blocks as if their lives depend on it.

Down the other end every aimless punt forward or middling cross seems to cause us problems

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
You certainly miss Pogba's creativity but you exclusively have attackers who primarily need space to express themselves and aren't comfortable against packed defenses. Good when you face teams who like to attack, useless against compact blocks. A target man, able to hold the ball, with good heading abilities, and physically weighting on a defense would be a big bonus. Especially since your midfielders don't move the ball fast enough to stretch the lines or and aren't technically good enough (bar Pogba) to take on an opponent or find the killer pass.

Rough up James, sit deep and compact, and chances are high that one gets a good result against you at the moment.