We are so fecked! (Knee-Jerk Overload)

vanderpants

We are presumably looking at bringing in another 5 players.Can anyone here see Woodward achieving this in this transfer window.
You are joking? We will buy 3 max, tough-talking at the end of last season has failed, no major signings and new contracts for players such as young etc are just laughable, were fecked

Keefy18

You are joking? We will buy 3 max, tough-talking at the end of last season has failed, no major signings and new contracts for players such as young etc are just laughable, were fecked
Why not? 2nd is just about in the bag...

There is well over a month left to get players in.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Standard negative reply from our bunch, we've always got to be the worst off these days...woe is me!

Seriously get a fecking grip folks!

• Arsenal are flaky as feck still and they lost their best midfielder in Ramsey and not replaced yet.
  • Chelsea, likewise have lost their best player in Hazard and thanks to a transfer ban have no chance of replacing him. Oh and they lost their manager due to player power it seems and are following us in hiring a former club legend to manager them, I'd argue they are every bit as bad or worse as us.
  • Spurs, still no investments and they are on the cusp of losing Toby and Eriksen as neither have signed new deals.

Reality is only Liverpool and City have stolen a march on the rest of the pack. The first 3 clubs listed and ourselves are all in or around the same standard and all have glaring issues at the club to address!

It genuinely has gotten to a point where if you dare express anything close to a positive opinion in regards to the club these days your attacked for it.
What on earth is "negative", saying we have more work to do then City/Liverpool and Tottenham?

It's undeniable fact.

Keefy18

What on earth is "negative", saying we have more work to do then City/Liverpool and Tottenham?

It's undeniable fact.
City and Liverpool yes, Spurs not really.

Spurs lost more games than us last season, they have their best players refusing to commit to the club just like ours. They lack any quality in the depth of their squad hence they "bottle" it every year.

They only finished 5 points ahead of us last year, its not some impossible amount of points to over come in reality.

buckooo1978

As Ole wanted his signing ready for pre-season training I hope they have a lot of good news for him on the 1st.
here's hoping

I think if we are buying from Premier League clubs we need a bit of realism

the days of picking top talent from lesser sides for decent money are gone....

the TV deal means all Premier League clubs are rich and the vast majority have no need to sell.... if you want a Maguire, Mahrez, Richarlison, Wan Bissaka etc its 50-70 million

in the case of AWB better to get it concluded

Jericholyte2

I keep trying to think to myself, “We'll get back to the football we played at the start of Ole’s reign. The players weren’t fit enough so they got the muscle injuries that derailed everything. Get them fitter and they’ll be able to cope.”

I hope to god this will be true. I hope the first game of the season will come and we press like the best of them. I hope a more solid back four of AWB Maguire Lindelof Shaw will allow our midfield and attack to push on.

It’s just so very very hard to see any of it actually happening right now.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
here's hoping

I think if we are buying from Premier League clubs we need a bit of realism

the days of picking top talent from lesser sides for decent money are gone....

the TV deal means all Premier League clubs are rich and the vast majority have no need to sell.... if you want a Maguire, Mahrez, Richarlison, Wan Bissaka etc its 50-70 million

in the case of AWB better to get it concluded
Prices have got ridiculous when you look at what Neymar/Mbappe etc went for it hikes the prices up for the lesser lights as well.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
The longer this transfer window goes on with no major business it’s definitely worrying. Even with just one signing let’s say AWB comes in, is that honestly going to make the difference?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
City and Liverpool yes, Spurs not really.

Spurs lost more games than us last season, they have their best players refusing to commit to the club just like ours. They lack any quality in the depth of their squad hence they "bottle" it every year.

They only finished 5 points ahead of us last year, its not some impossible amount of points to over come in reality.
No exactly true, they also reached the UCL final by the way... and have a top manager too.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Ole obviously knows who is closet to the first team from the reserves so the lack of activity suggests that he'll be using those in the first team. I just hope the shitstorm that will inevitably hit if we don't do well enough doesnt destroy them.

Keefy18

No exactly true, they also reached the UCL final by the way... and have a top manager too.
Well have they committed to the club with new deals? What's not true about it? I'm not saying they won't but as of writing they haven't and I've not seen anything that suggests they are likely to either.

I'm aware they made a Cup Final and it was a remarkable achievement.

Poch has also flirted with the notion of leaving himself and looking for a new challenge.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Well have they committed to the club with new deals? What's not true about it? I'm not saying they won't but as of writing they haven't and I've not seen anything that suggests they are likely to either.

I'm aware they made a Cup Final and it was a remarkable achievement.

Poch has also flirted with the notion of leaving himself and looking for a new challenge.
Yes some have which is why I said not exactly.

Foxbatt

We do not need Neymar or Mbappe. We need extremely good players and more than a few of them. This one high wage player is not going to win us anything. Look at the quality of the players we have. Apart from Pogba and DeGea the rest are pure journeymen.

El Zoido

We do not need Neymar or Mbappe. We need extremely good players and more than a few of them. This one high wage player is not going to win us anything. Look at the quality of the players we have. Apart from Pogba and DeGea the rest are pure journeymen.
Good players will just get ruined here. I was reading the Guardian article about a DOF and it mentioned the LVG quote from his recent interview: “You need knowledge of the game, methods of training, preparation experience, youth education, scouting and you have to think in structures.”

Once we have these in place, we can identify and bring players in to a system. Players (and good managers) will actually want to join a well-structured club.

Simply buying “good players” is trying to run before you can walk. Currently we’re just a hodge-podge of random flavour of the month players signed for marketing reasons, and deadwood/has-beens that we can’t shift. We need a full reset.

Bo_7iDaR

Oh ye of little faith. Ole has already had talks with Woodward and the Glazers and they clearly understand how far we are off where we need to be and what is needed to get there. Don't worry folks, we got this.

ryansgirl

Oh ye of little faith. Ole has already had talks with Woodward and the Glazers and they clearly understand how far we are off where we need to be and what is needed to get there. Don't worry folks, we got this.
Ha - nice! One piece of good news has emerged although the source is the Daily Fail - apparently United and Palace are on the verge of agreeing terms on Wan-Bissaka. Good lad if the news is true - he clearly would have let Palace know he wanted out but didn't do it through the media.

If it happens it will give the club and team a lift - the lad is class and although still learning, will learn very quickly. Things can change suddenly for better.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
As I said before, those who aren't worried yet will be eventually.

Denis79

Wonder what the Woodward, Glazer apologists will blame next season on?

R'hllor

I am not able to understand people who defend corporations, these type of owners in any sphere of life, sports, gaming whatever and there are plenty of them.

Also when people talking about Ed not wanting to let go of power, is it just me or dont see much appeal to his position, if you not include paychecks. On pure level, its more of a headache then some ego boosting shit, dunno.

Foxbatt

I actually do not put the whole blame on The Glazers. I put the blame on Woodward. Eventually The Glazers would have to make a decision between United and Woodward and they will eventually sack him if we do not start winning. The hope and wish is that they sack him sooner rather than later before more harm is done to the club.

OrangeRed

The general feeling I get from the fans is exactly the vibe Mourinho was giving out at the start of last season. Can't wait for another season of just waiting for it to be over. Christ....

MrSingh2002

After all the talk from Ole about players not being good enough and that players will be replaced we might start the season with a worse squad than last season.

Horrific performance from the club so far. Real Madrid biggest winners so far. Mendy, Jovic and Hazard.

Somehow we find ourselves a week away from pre season minus Fellaini, Herrera and Valencia.

Meanwhile De Gea, Pogba and Lukaku want out.

Don't panic? Piss off.

Jericholyte2

One of the main issues I have with all of this, and why I started the thread, is that to me this summer was (arguably) more about who we would get ride of than who we would bring in.

To be frank I’d rather have a season of playing academy prospects if it meant that on Gameweek 1 we’d have sold / got rid of:

Darmian, Rojo, Jones, Matic, Mata, Pereira, Sanchez

For me the concern is not the lack of activity in bringing people in, it is the apparent willingness to keep the others who are nowhere near good enough (technically, physically and mentally) for this club.

Njord

DDG > Schmeichel
Young < Pereira
Smalling > Evans
Lindelöf = Maguire
Shaw = Chilwell
Matic < Ndidi
Herrera > Mendy
Pogba > Tielemans
Lingard = Madison
Rashford < Vardy
Martial > Barnes/Gray

My comparison of our XI vs Leicesters. We have a bigger squad, but most of those don't contribute much, apart from Lukaku, and he seems to be leaving.

If we don't replace Herrera and Pogba properly, we are imo looking at entering next season on weaker terms than Leicester.

ColvaleGoa

Will all the negativity disappear if we suddenly announced 3 signings? All the protests against Glazers ie #Glazersout will they calm down if we sign someone?

Just asking as I think lot of folks are worried about how we have gone so far in transfer market compared mostly to Real Madrid. I still think The Glazers are leeches and they should be kicked the Feck out!!

NoLogo

Will all the negativity disappear if we suddenly announced 3 signings? All the protests against Glazers ie #Glazersout will they calm down if we sign someone?

Just asking as I think lot of folks are worried about how we have gone so far in transfer market compared mostly to Real Madrid. I still think The Glazers are leeches and they should be kicked the Feck out!!
It will also largly depend on what signings we make I guess. That being said we are a forum with a divers set of opinions. If we sign Boateng, people will complain him being too old and not at the best level anymore. If we sign de Ligt there will be people who are angry about us paying 80M for a player that is too young and might not be ready for PL level football yet.

Foxbatt

It is not the three signings we need. We need a new CB and a RB for sure. Then we need someone to replace Matic. How on Earth are we going to play with him as a passenger? We sold the only one who could even play there in Herrera. Now Pogba and Lukaku want to leave. We are not going to replace anyone one of them. This is surreal. It is utter madness. This is supposed to be the biggest club at least for now in England and we have lunatics running the club. If Ole has any sense of love for this club he will walk away from this madness with his head high.
Let Woodward take the blame for all this. He sure is to be blamed.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Also when people talking about Ed not wanting to let go of power, is it just me or dont see much appeal to his position, if you not include paychecks. On pure level, its more of a headache then some ego boosting shit, dunno.
Same. Never understood, from his perspective, why he would insist on maintaining such structure. By changing it he would make his job much easier while getting away from the public fire. That for me looks far more appealing than him allegedly not wanting to change it because he is so power obsessed. Don't even think it would mean much in terms of paychecks. And as for ego boosting shit, he would still be a feckin CEO of Manchester United.

Doesn't really make much sense altogether to me.

Keefy18

I disagree, the little I’ve seen is more than enough to tell me he’ll never be good enough, I’d rather we saved the 15m to put towards the cost of an elite player
Oh, stop with that Robertson shit. On 1 Robertson come dozens players like Powell. Players bought under the radar who later failed.
Knee jerk overload indeed hey lads?!

Pathetic comments within a few days of us signing James and you had him dead to rights. Kid has had a superb start to the season.

Let this be a lesson, stop being so feckin impatient and wait and see how things play out before being so assertive in your sentiments.