We lost and this forum is FUMING but.....

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
.....I thought the Europe League was a tin pot cup and no one gave a feck if we won it or not.....and that there was no real pedigree in winning it....almost as if this forum doesn't actually know what they want. But will use any old excuse to get rid of Ole. However if we'd won, we'd all be ecstatic and not as critical as we are tonight.

The HYPOCRISY on this forum is absolutely incredible! Shocking behaviour from fans who supposedly didn't care if we'd won it or not.

Absolutely ridiculous.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
.....I thought the Europe League was a tin pot cup and no one gave a feck if we won it or not.....and that there was no real pedigree in winning it....almost as if this forum doesn't actually know what they want. But will use any old excuse to get rid of Ole. However if we'd won, we'd all be ecstatic and not as critical as we are tonight.

The HYPOCRISY on this forum is absolutely incredible! Shocking behaviour from fans who supposedly didn't care if we'd won it or not.

Absolutely ridiculous.
Are you being serious? Not that I agree with those sentiments but even if, this is disgraceful.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Are you being serious? Not that I agree with those sentiments but even if, this is disgraceful.
A large portion of this forum wrote off the Europa League and dismissed it's pedigree before the game and now look.

Brophs

The One and Only
I’ve crunched the numbers and yes, they are all the same people doing both of those things.

HackeyC

Absolutely ridiculous.
Are you just trying to start arguments?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
How to deflect and be a cult member 101.

TheRedDevil2019

Absolutely ridiculous.
Thread/post of the night.

Awesome comments, couldn't agree furthermore.

Lot's of kneejerk bollox on here by plastics/outers. Laughable just how poor, sections of our fanbase are. Lacking logic, hypocrisy and double standards spring to mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sultan

Viral United

If we won it Ole in would have fill day.
Now we lost it Ole out will have fill day.
It work same as ever.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
A large portion of this forum wrote off the Europa League and dismissed it's pedigree before the game and now look.
You can dismiss its pedigree and still find it shocking to lose to a team with so much less budget.

You have fielded your strongest side apart from Maguire, clearly wanted to win but this is all that you could bring. Ole as a manager is shameful, he is a great person but not a very good trainer.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I agree, such drama queens on this forum when we lose.
Villareal did a smash and grab. They had one shot on target. Not that we played great but still better than them. Anyway couldnt care less about this trophy. I care about the progress. And the progress is clear for everyone to see.

Im looking forward to next season with Ole in charge and hopefully some new signings. Because it’s been clear to see that our squad is not good enough for I think 61 games per season. Only city played more.

Reactions: Sultan

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
You can dismiss its pedigree and still find it shocking to lose to a team with so much less budget.

You have fielded your strongest side apart from Maguire, clearly wanted to win but this is all that you could bring. Ole as a manager is shameful, he is a great person but not a very good trainer.
You can't dismiss it's pedigree and then get upset when we lose.

I don't give a single feck about the Carabao cup and dismiss it's pedigree, would I get upset at us going out/losing in the final. Would I feck.

el3mel

Oh look, the parody poster with his parody threads is here.

There's no time for you at the moment. Come back tomorrow when we have better mood to laugh.

Heinzesight

It is a second rate cup but every United fan still wants to win whatever cup we happen to be in. Course we all used to take the piss out of the Europa but every United fan I know was desperate to win the trophy. I don’t know a United fan who ‘didn’t care if we win or not’...that’s not the mindset of a United fan.

lilcurt

Absolutely ridiculous.
People like you used to be stoned... This is the first time I'm reconsidering if that should make a come back, stupid attention seeking post.

Quinze

Us losing a lower pedigree competition just shows how we are from competing with the big boys.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

I don't give a single feck about the Carabao cup and dismiss it's pedigree, would I get upset at us going out/losing in the final. Would I feck.
That is you but I can't see any logic in that reasoning. No team goes out to lose, no matter the "pedigree"?

MattofManchester

It depends what you view as hypocrisy. Going out in the CL knockouts is no doubt more acceptable.
This club aims to compete at that level. It has the means to as well.

By that standard, to Manchester United, the Europa League is a tinpot cup.

Its nice to win, but I doubt anybody would have been too ecstatic if we did.

The problem is that we were by far and away the most high quality side in the competition. I mean, there's not even a comparison at this point, then perhaps Roma, and we bordered on destroyed them despite not even being at full tilt.

So, once you get to this stage, you expect that quality to shine through.
When it doesn't, it's embarrassing and worrying about where exactly your club is going if it cannot get over the line against a club who spends over 60 minutes cowering in their own box being too afraid to attack.

James Peril

Absolutely ridiculous.
You are shocked that football fans are angry after losing a final against a much inferior team? Jeesh, what is shocking is your view on the world and how we’re all doing. It’s corona, it’s football, it’s football fans… you know, senior citizens doing wanking signs to the referee and little kids cursing off with a vocabulary as strong as a sailor. And everyone in between. This is a football forum full of crazy bastards wenting off, did you really expect a civil, polite tone and objective discussions? Then football’s not for you mate.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I'd be pissed losing the community shield aswell. Now we don't even get to compete for that.

BlueHaze

I need some proof. Show a single poster who didn't want us to win tonight? Just one?

spiriticon

It might be the Europe Btec Cup but it's still a major trophy and it's the last game of the season so there's no excuse for not giving it everything.

Why would you NOT want to win a trophy?

Well of course you can, it’s a shit trophy, but once in the final and against a much weaker side, you want to win because that creates momentum and is great for the squad and for potential recruiting in the Summer.

Losing finals is fecking shit, even if the cup is shit, the feck are you blabbing on about.

Nick7

Yeah it’s fecking brilliant that we lost yet another chance at a trophy 4 days before one of City or Chelsea wins the biggest in Europe. Fantastic night, really.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
It might be the Europe Btec Cup but it's still a major trophy and it's the last game of the season so there's no excuse for not giving it everything.

Why would you NOT want to win a trophy?
I was one of the posters that sticking up for Europa League and it's pedigree. I'm gutted we lost. Absolutely gutted.
I know we're better than this. The team we currently have is good, good enough to win this. We need improvements and a couple better players. But we're on the right path. We're not as bad as we as a forum make out. Not that bad at all.

2nd Place and a final is a major improvement over the last few years.

Give over with the doom and gloom.

Be gutted but this isn't the time to start putting blame on any one player or the manager. We lost, we pick ourselves up and we go again. We're almost there.

Okey

I've never understood the dismissal of the Europa league in England personally. But hey, this was a game for a trophy. Something we've been starved of. So the reactions are appropriate at that level. Never mind what trophy it was. We should be able to expect to beat weaker teams by outplaying them. Simples!