We need another forward this January

Mark Pawelek

Because there is no strategy, it's all reactive. They gambled on Rashy/Martial/Mason remaining fit for an entire season and to up their productivity - now that things have gone tits up, its panic stations. Business as usual for us.
But if Mason had been promoted to the first team squad from U-23s why didn't they at least get a reserve U-23 striker? Oh yeah, did I mention - still no proper right winger.

Bestietom

I like his style even if he doesn't clock up regular numbers. Though Bournemouth are not great this year at all
Yes, I like his play also, but as a second striker he likes to play from the left. Think we have enough in this department. What do you think. A big strong striker that can hold up the ball and is strong in the air would be better.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Apologies for repeating myself from another thread this one is more appropriate.

With the Chinese league situation and the winter break coming up try and get Arnautovic on loan until the end of the season?

At one point he was rumoured to have been looked at even before he left for China. He's the ideal short term solution for me if it were possible.

Bestietom

Apologies for repeating myself from another thread this one is more appropriate.

With the Chinese league situation and the winter break coming up try and get Arnautovic on loan until the end of the season?

At one point he was rumoured to have been looked at even before he left for China. He's the ideal short term solution for me if it were possible.
Yes there are lots from that league who could be available on loan until April/May.

theklr

Seems its down to either King or Jose Willian. The latter would be a much more economic choice i my eyes.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Cavani would be the ideal one, if we could get him on loan for the remainder of this season.
I don't think we can get him on loan as his contract expires in the Summer.

I would get him on an 18-month deal, then sell him to MLS next Jan. I'm sure Beckham/Miami will take him off us then.

Bestietom

I don't think we can get him on loan as his contract expires in the Summer.

I would get him on an 18-month deal, then sell him to MLS next Jan. I'm sure Beckham/Miami will take him off us then.
Wages too high is the reason I would say.

red4ever 79

Title should have been changed to 'we needed another forward last August'. Havent replaced Lukaku yet. Sanchez gone and now Rashford injured possibly for the season.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Probably all over now. The logistics for the Chinese-based players kill those moves. And nothing else worthwhile.

Giroud and Cavani would be the most logical two options, but Chelsea will want silly money and Cavani is set on Atletico.

TheHeya

Someone better keep the Carrington gates open as Peter Odenwingie is currently driving up for his medical!

Xaviboy

Knowing our luck if we dont bring in a centre forward today Martial will pick up injury in tomorrow game.

Yagami

Good post resistant
With Palace bringing in Tosun, I wish we would've tried for Ayew. Can play as a CF, 10 and on the right, works incredibly hard, is one of those CFs who's very strong on the ball like an Aguero/Martial, etc.

Obviously he's not great, but I think he'd be a good signing for us at this moment in time.

MrSingh2002

We've been linked with some trash over the past week or so...

Hope we sign nobody over signing any more sub standard man utd players. I'm in the Ole/Woodward/Glazers out camp but atleast they've signed 4 good players.

We just need more good players. Namely a left back, a young CDM and a Striker with an aerial presence. No point in signing fillers that slow Greenwoods progress.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
It’s got to the point where I don’t care who we bring in.

Rondon, Ighalo, king would be welcome. I’d rather have a striker than none at all.

We just need more good players. Namely a left back, a young CDM and a Striker with an aerial presence. No point in signing fillers that slow Greenwoods progress.
There is always a point in having fillers, also know as deadwood to people around here. We're in this mess clambering around because we wanted to gut the squad, was daft as feck then and it'd be daft as feck now not to try and bring someone in.

Sea-Cow

There are players chomping at the bit in the squad
Strikers? Who? Players from the reserves with no first-team football experience at any level?

We are an absolute joke and its almost guaranteed now that Martial will pick up an injury. And even if he doesn't, are we asking him to play every single game, no matter how atrocious his form or his level of effort?

Its infuriating.

AshRK

My whole issue is why this panic show on the last day. Rashford was injured on 15th and even then we made very little movement only to panic on the 31st. Poorly run club to say the least.

AshRK

It's a bit pathetic that we can't get at least SOMEONE over the line, when it could make a real bit of difference to our season.
Especially when Chelsea have made no moves so far. We could seriously get the top 4 if we get a decent striker.

NoPace

I don't understand why Bakambu isn't coming here on loan. Barca just turned up their nose at him and it wasn't a medical (apparently) and he's certainly better than Ighalo .

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Especially when Chelsea have made no moves so far. We could seriously get the top 4 if we get a decent striker.
We can get top 4 if players return from injury tbf. Could have Pogba and McTominay back within the month, even by the Chelsea game (being overly optimistic). No Rashford til April will be the killer but if the rest are fit, there are goals and quality in the side.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Sickening how this club is run. Rashford didn't get injured yesterday. How is it we are running around on deadline day trying to sign a striker? What happened to the 800+ right backs database? Why had we not put feelers out before deadline day to someone we felt could come in? Do they only start looking at transfers when the window opens? F'n joke.

Sea-Cow

My whole issue is why this panic show on the last day. Rashford was injured on 15th and even then we made very little movement only to panic on the 31st. Poorly run club to say the least.
Haha yes, its such a joke! Its such a perfect illustration of how pathetic the brain-trust is. Going into the season relying on Rashford, Martial and a teenager as literally our only options for strikers is negligence/incompetence that should have lead to automatic termination.

Now, with Rashford out for potentially the rest of the season we still haven't acted.

I know I shouldn't let shit like this bother me as much as it does, but seriously, what in the feck is going on? How on earth could they justify this?

Yes, toys are out of the pram, full meltdown mode, etc. I am so fecking frustrated.

Black.Ghost

Contract expires in summer. PSG don’t want to lose him now. The only meaningful part of their season begins next month. Not sure anyone would raise €20m for four months of an increasingly injury prone Cavani. Even in the unlikely event of 20 appearances before the end of the season, that’s €1m in transfer fees per match alone, let alone wages and fees to the player and agent.
Well, presumably we’d stick him on an 18 month contract so it wouldn’t just be 4 months/ 20 appearancesHe’s not starting at PSG, so no guarantee of UCL there and would be getting Europa at least with us. Offer him a good bonus if he helps us get 4th, and a chance of UCL with us next year.
Seems nailed on perfect to me, but of course it won’t happen.
We’ve always had good strikers before. He can have a good impact, give Martial a kick up the backside and could be a good influence on Mason as well. Fernandes feeding balls through to him and Martial could be superb.
I’d rather take a £20 mil punt on Cavani than anyone else we have been linked with.

I know he’s already said no based on wanting Atheltico but that’s clearly not happening; tell him we’ll sell him to Atheltico in the Summer if he still wants go.

Last edited:

Kag

Sickening how this club is run. Rashford didn't get injured yesterday. How is it we are running around on deadline day trying to sign a striker? What happened to the 800+ right backs database? Why had we not put feelers out before deadline day to someone we felt could come in? Do they only start looking at transfers when the window opens? F'n joke.
I’m inclined to agree, actually. When clubs are running around the day of a deadline (United, Spurs and Chelsea are dreadful for this) trying to bring in cover it’s never a good look.

roseguy64

If you've been paying attention you'd seen that we were linked to other forwards earlier.

bsCallout

It is quite clear this was our final option and it was likely known whether he was a possibility in case the rest of the targets fell through. You aren't going to get any striker of decent stock as a short term option. As soon as Rashford is back this player won't be in the squad.

Hoof the ball

Our scouting consists of either the blatantly obvious (who everyone in the world knows about) or some player historically affiliated with the club, thereby removing the need for any scouting in that example.

Someone mentioned that Argentinian kid, and that might be good scouting, but we all know that's down to Brugge's scouting team, anyway.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
You say that now but wait till you see one of those names in our summer pre season squad. Sticks around for 10 years like Young.

A loan is a loan though. I honestly cant see us buying any of these. We will address the striker issue in the summer properly.