We Need To Talk About Mane

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Klopp has run that side into the ground.
Liverpool's top players have played nearly every game for four years.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
I don't think he has ever had a summer break and will be going for the AFCON soon

marktan

It's probably a similar case to Alexis Sanchez, Mane played the 2019 African Cup of Nations all the way to the final, the year before he played in the World Cup, he played nearly every game for Liverpool then, they didn't rotate the front 3 at all as they got to the Champions League final in consecutive seasons. All while playing a high press, high intensity game.

It's no surprise in that context that he's dropped off, especially when you consider also that he's won the Champions League and Premier League. Where's the incentive to push it to the next limit at 29 years old? Liverpool have had bad luck with injuries but they've also struggled with players reaching the summit and not having the hunger to do it all over again. Klopp probably needs to clear out a few big name players if possible, like Ferguson did on various occasions, to freshen it up.
This. It's a shame because he was amazing to watch, that goal against Bayern was magic in 2019. Now he struggles to dribble and his touch has become heavy. A big part of why Liverpool have struggled for goals this season.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It's Liverpool the team. Not just him.
Cough cough medial programme fallow year. Everyone somehow looks crap at the same time?

I don’t really believe it currently but it would be awful suspicious if they all start looking like world beaters again next year when there’s been so little quality anytime I’ve seen them this year. They’ve turned into a strange team. Another one that’s a bookies dream

padr81

Supports
Man City
Shortage of caffeine in Liverpool this year combined with no rest for about 5 years. Running on empty.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Cough cough medial programme fallow year. Everyone somehow looks crap at the same time?

I don’t really believe it currently but it would be awful suspicious if they all start looking like world beaters again next year when there’s been so little quality anytime I’ve seen them this year. They’ve turned into a strange team. Another one that’s a bookies dream
To be fair their team structure was badly messed up by the loss of Van Dijk. It resulted in a snow ball effect on their form that in turn sapped their confidence. I expect normal service to resume next season for most of that squad

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Shortage of caffeine in Liverpool this year combined with no rest for about 5 years. Running on empty.
Spot on. A bit of a rest up, some more coffee and higher grade cocaine should see us doing better next season.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Spot on. A bit of a rest up, some more coffee and higher grade cocaine should see us doing better next season.
Seriously though its just lack of a holiday. You guys play an intense style and Mane more than most has had little rest. A good summer this term and he'll be fine for next season.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Seriously though its just lack of a holiday. You guys play an intense style and Mane more than most has had little rest. A good summer this term and he'll be fine for next season.
Yep, I was agreeing. I've never seen us playing such mental football for such a sustained period. We've been lucky with injuries in that regard too, injuries catching up with us this season obviously.

I'm shocked we're still able to fight for top four, in a way that is a double edged sword too now. On one hand we desperately need it after Real knock us out on Wednesday. But on the other, I was hoping we could have wound down our season by late April, giving the youngsters a run out and sending Mane, etc, on an extended summer break (to their back gardens obviously).

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yep, I was agreeing. I've never seen us playing such mental football for such a sustained period. We've been lucky with injuries in that regard too, injuries catching up with us this season obviously.

I'm shocked we're still able to fight for top four, in a way that is a double edged sword too now. On one hand we desperately need it after Real knock us out on Wednesday. But on the other, I was hoping we could have wound down our season by late April, giving the youngsters a run out and sending Mane, etc, on an extended summer break (to their back gardens obviously).
For sure. I think you'll make top 4 given your fixtures but don't see any rest incoming. Too many teams going for one spot for it to be guaranteed before the end. Although I'll be surprised if you aren't in the top 4 after game week 35 or 36. Maybe he'll get the final match off.

H10

Huseyin 10
Amazing to research about Mane and his journey to being a footballer. A very humble and nice man as well!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Amazing to research about Mane and his journey to being a footballer. A very humble and nice man as well!

Also a massive diver

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I know Salah has a reputation for diving, and maybe my memory is failing me, but didn't realise Mane also was deemed a diver!
Yep, basically anyone who isn't called Penandes is a diver. :lol:

iHicksy

I reckon the entire Liverpool team will return to a pressing powerhouse next year when they get back on their Salbutamol/clen and caffiene. Covid messed up their cycle. ;)

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I reckon the entire Liverpool team will return to a pressing powerhouse next year when they get back on their Salbutamol/clen and caffiene. Covid messed up their cycle. ;)
Really, really hope so. :devil:

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Dirty dive from Rashford and even dirtier attempt to claim for it. Looked up and didn't see an English ref.

Best thing is, it wasn't even Rashford's top five dives this season. Expecting to see articles in the daily papers tomorrow. :lol: :rolleyes:

TheReligion

Abusive
Dirty dive from Rashford and even dirtier attempt to claim for it. Looked up and didn't see an English ref.

Best thing is, it wasn't even Rashford's top five dives this season. Expecting to see articles in the daily papers tomorrow. :lol: :rolleyes:
What does nationality of the ref have to do with it?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Seeing some suggestion that he's wanted by Bayern, with Gnabry going the other way possibly.

Firmino’s teeth

Supports
Liverpool
I’d swap him.

If we got Gnarby, Lewa, Sane and free german beer for 12 months.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think you would miss him more than Salah which is odd to say as I think Salah is better.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Mane‘s agent represents Gnabry (and Laimer) as well, if I am not mistaken. Don‘t see Bayern going for him.

Blackwidow

Mane‘s agent represents Gnabry (and Laimer) as well, if I am not mistaken. Don‘t see Bayern going for him.
Left winger is no position Bayern right now is in need. It is a transfer I would not understand in a time where no big bags of money lay around.

marktan

Left winger is no position Bayern right now is in need. It is a transfer I would not understand in a time where no big bags of money lay around.

Lewandowski replacement? Mane's being playing as the CF a lot this season.

Sylar

Mane played right wing before Salah came right?
Then he went to the left and Performed

Looks to have done the same through the middle. Without much complaints

Giggsy13

I think you would miss him more than Salah which is odd to say as I think Salah is better.
I think Salah is much better on the ball and a better dribbler but Mane has a directness about his game, which seems at times more dangerous and effective. Would be a massive blow if he leaves, hope he does now :lol: