Weekend Football

Plan M

Manchester City winning comfortably against a crap team at home- Check
A United fan calling them the best in the premier league on basis of that- Check
Plan M getting on his fecking high horse and telling us how to behave like proper fans- Check

Just a normal day in the Weekend football thread.
You all love me really :D

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
"From March 19th to April 8th, City play Chelsea, Stoke, Sunderland & Arsenal whilst we play Wolves, Fulham, Blackburn & QPR. Could be big."

On twitter.
Chelsea at home will be a walk in the park for them, as will be Sunderland. Stoke away they should do fine, Arsenal away will be tough.

I am not sure about our visits to Wolves and Blackburn.

Waltraute

She-Devil
I watched the Twenty Twenty instead, England making Pakistan look absolute rubbish.
Congratulations on a wise choice. My mum just taunted me about it too. ('Why did you watch that? You knew it would be 3 easy points for Chelsea & City...')

I was so close to watching the cricket, but being a true masochist I soldiered on through first Chelsea - Bolton, and then this. I did it to myself, I did, and that's what really hurts.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Chelsea at home will be a walk in the park for them, as will be Sunderland. Stoke away they should do fine, Arsenal away will be tough.

I am not sure about our visits to Wolves and Blackburn.
Our away form has been quite good this season and I don't think Chelsea at home will be a walk in the park for them.

Commadus

What seem like straight forward games become unknown quantities when SAF decides to put a crazy team out. he's done it a few times this season and we have lost.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
After all, 3-0 doesn't look so bad since I expected at least five, blackburn is really poor, so this is the last game where I expected city to drop points.

We need to win tomorrow and that's it.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
After all, 3-0 doesn't look so bad since I expected at least five, blackburn is really poor, so this is the last game where I expected city to drop points.

We need to win tomorrow and that's it.
We need to win all of our games. We need to keep the pressure on city simple as that.

prateik

What's that 45552 on the milan shirts for?
I quite like that Milan song. Hope they win this .

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
City were dominant tonight. Blackburn just tried to shut them out and frustrate them, but they were way too negative and it was only a matter of time before Man City broke through. You can maybe get away with giving the opposition 65% of possession or a bit more and try to hold out, however over 80% was just plain ridiculous. Watching Blackburn tonight, I'm still annoyed that we threw away 3 points against them. Even with a weakened side, we should've buried them.

What's interesting is how good Toure was in the middle though. He's often seen as the box to box bulldozer, but tonight we saw another side of his game. His passing completion rate was really high, however it's not as if he just kept on playing simple little passes to the man next to him. There were some very impressive passes in there to be honest.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
It's not even just pressure, if we win all of our games we will win the league simple as.
I don't think we will win every game. Both us and city will drop points. We need to be able to go above them when we play them in April.
I believe if we come out on top of the league after that match we will win the league. If not then it's city's !

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Very interesting on You're on Sky Sports. The first two City fans on still feel worried about their side, and feel that our experience may win us the title.

AttackingFlair

City were dominant tonight. Blackburn just tried to shut them out and frustrate them, but they were way too negative and it was only a matter of time before Man City broke through. You can maybe get away with giving the opposition 65% of possession or a bit more and try to hold out, however over 80% was just plain ridiculous. Watching Blackburn tonight, I'm still annoyed that we threw away 3 points against them. Even with a weakened side, we should've buried them.

What's interesting is how good Toure was in the middle though. He's often seen as the box to box bulldozer, but tonight we saw another side of his game. His passing completion rate was really high, however it's not as if he just kept on playing simple little passes to the man next to him. There were some very impressive passes in there to be honest.
He's always been a good passer, had to be to play for Barcelona. I don't see why a lot of people think he's overrated on this board, he's a very good all round midfielder.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He's always been a good passer, had to be to play for Barcelona. I don't see why a lot of people think he's overrated on this board, he's a very good all round midfielder.
He certainly is. Whenever people look at him, they just focus on the bulldozing aspect of his game, and ignore the fact that he actually has good technique on the ball. Nevermind the fact that this was the easiest game for the City midfield of the season, and that me and Stevie Wonder would've been able to control the midfield tonight, some of his passing would've been brilliant against any side in world football.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Since I made a previous post relating to You're on Sky Sports, there's just been a nonsensical Liverpool fan on.

He basically said that he thinks they're guaranteed to get a top 4 finish this season, and that they're definitely going to win 2 cups as well.

When the host said that he should remember what happened to Arsenal last year, he responded by saying that Liverpool have something Arsenal do not: Steven Gerrard. I guess he's completely forgetting about the likes of Van Persie and Fabregas then?

acrebo

^ Lol, yeah I heard him too. He even gave it the "next year we're title challengers" line! The City fans were just safe-guarding to be honest - say they're not going to win it so that you can fall back on it if it happens but still gloat if they do win.

However, it was refreshing to hear the City fan say that if they do win it it's been as a direct result of the money. He seemed a little embarrassed.

City were professional and efficient today. Blackburn were horrific - quite possibly one of the worst performances I've ever seen in the Premiership. They didn't do ANYTHING with the ball until the last moments of the game.

Sewelly The Geordie

Really? Those sat around me were booing the Newcastle players who threw 2 points away.
Then they're twats.

Mind, if any performance deserved a booing it was that one. Sick to death of Pardew's negativity. Wingers playing as auxiliary full-backs and talented central midfielders trapped in a cage shielding the back four.

Stoke-esque, only wasting more talent.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Cardiff City have won nine of their last 12 meetings with Liverpool in all competitions, though 11 of these came before 1960.
Cardiff are the only side who can say that they have won their last five league meetings with Liverpool (no other side has won even their last three).
A win in this match would see Liverpool equal Manchester United’s record for most English domestic cup wins (15: seven League Cup, seven FA Cup so far).
Up the Cardiff!

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Why does Stoke have to play at 3 o'clock. They should switch with one of the other two games. They're much more interesting.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Then they're twats.

Mind, if any performance deserved a booing it was that one. Sick to death of Pardew's negativity. Wingers playing as auxiliary full-backs and talented central midfielders trapped in a cage shielding the back four.

Stoke-esque, only wasting more talent.
I think that's one criticism I would have of him if any. Sometimes he can be incredibly negative, and doesn't realise how good his team actually is.

There's no need for both of the central midfielders to sit back and shield the defence. Cabaye is more than good enough to control the game against most teams in the league, so he would be able to do it with ease against Wolves. Only Tiote has to sit back and cover the defence, but even at that, he doesn't have to be overly negative.

SATA

Saha and Adebayor are going to eat that Arse defence alive. But then Kaboul and King isn't exactly impressive either. 3-3