Weird feelings of football

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
There is always a newly promoted Italian team that has blue on their uniform. They always get relegated in the same season...

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
If you said to me that this time 9 days ago we would of got Falcao and Di Maria I would of laughed.

It feels kinda weird that we have them but amazing at the same time.

Oo0AahCantona

Whenever United desperately
Need points at a lower premier league team, their normally shite goalkeeper becomes
Manuel neuer for the day.

Raul Madrid

Whenever United desperately
Need points at a lower premier league team, their normally shite goalkeeper becomes
Manuel neuer for the day.
I have that feeling too. It also always happens against Valencia (although they are not a lowly team)

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Arsenal clash against Dortmund and Bayern in champions league every year.
That's more down to the shitty seeding system and all the awful permutations of the draw than just a weird feeling.

Needs changing otherwise we get the same tournament every year.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Whenever Ashley Young is on the verge of being dropped he pops in with an amazing performance which keeps him in the lineup for the next few weeks.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
We always lose Sundays game at 4 PM.

Iniesta never misplaced a pass in his entire career.

Mario Jardel still scores goals at Bolton.

Last edited:

gormless

The Brazilian leagues consist entirely of ageing, past it strikers and attacking midfielders who have moved back home after careers in Europe, as well as the latest young prospect who pops up every 5 years before being signed by Madrid or Barca

MUFC07

-Mexico and Arsenal are basically the same team in different competitions. Arsenal will qualify to the CL every time (Mexico to the WC), get through the stage group sometimes defeating a more powerful team in the process (like Borussia/France), maybe even compete against the top ones (Barça, Bayern / Argentina, Netherlands) but somehow always lose.
-There's always a Brazilian that will rock the world but disappear two months later and come back in a dark CL team; or become Kerlon.
-Garay signed for United every year since 2011.
-You never know most of the teams involved in the Copa Libertadores semifinals unless they're one of the big guns.
-The United States never lose a CONCACAF game. Never, ever, ever.
-Landon Donovan always scored.
-USA keepers are always white and bald and good shot-stoppers. Like a family of Kasey Kellers.

-Every single year 2 or more of Arsenal, City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool are kicked out of the League Cup and FA Cup by 2nd (or lower) division teams, yet it's always a surprise.
-Benjani Mwaruwari lived for only 2 years and then became Adebayor.
-Glen Johnson always shoots from distance and always hits the post or the bar, but has never ever scored from those shots.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Hamburg was relegated last season.

Every country has a football team named Red Bull.

El Clasico is always played at night time.

We always play our games against City and Liverpool at day time.

No matter what happens, Arsenal always finish 4th on the league table.

No matter what happens, Porto always somehow seem to get in Pot 1 every year in CL.
The bolded are done intentionally.

pseudo_canadian

-Mexico and Arsenal are basically the same team in different competitions. Arsenal will qualify to the CL every time (Mexico to the WC), get through the stage group sometimes defeating a more powerful team in the process (like Borussia/France), maybe even compete against the top ones (Barça, Bayern / Argentina, Netherlands) but somehow always lose.
-There's always a Brazilian that will rock the world but disappear two months later and come back in a dark CL team; or become Kerlon.
-Garay signed for United every year since 2011.
-You never know most of the teams involved in the Copa Libertadores semifinals unless they're one of the big guns.
-The United States never lose a CONCACAF game. Never, ever, ever.
-Landon Donovan always scored.
-USA keepers are always white and bald and good shot-stoppers. Like a family of Kasey Kellers.

-Every single year 2 or more of Arsenal, City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool are kicked out of the League Cup and FA Cup by 2nd (or lower) division teams, yet it's always a surprise.
-Benjani Mwaruwari lived for only 2 years and then became Adebayor.
-Glen Johnson always shoots from distance and always hits the post or the bar, but has never ever scored from those shots.
While I agree with you, there is one exception to this:

Dominos

We always lose Sundays game at 4 PM.

Iniesta never misplaced a pass in his entire career.

Mario Jardel still scores goals at Bolton.
:lol: I don't feel like there is a good time slot for our games.

The 12.45 games on Saturday seem to be hell for us over the years, as do the Setenta/ESPN/BT games at 5.30pm on Sat.

Oo0AahCantona

Bolton used to be a fairly good premier league side with players like jay jay okocha.

JSArsenal

We didn't win a trophy last season as everyone still goes on about 9 years without a trophy, even though its technically incorrect, we didn't win anything from 2005-2013 which is only 8 years.

How can the year we won a trophy be included in the amount of time we went trophyless?

Winrar

We didn't win a trophy last season as everyone still goes on about 9 years without a trophy, even though its technically incorrect, we didn't win anything from 2005-2013 which is only 8 years.

How can the year we won a trophy be included in the amount of time we went trophyless?
um... because Arsenal won the FA cup in 2014, not 2013?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Obafemi Martins never ages
Players always score against former teams (when I'm watching the game)

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
Each team promoted to PL signs Henri Kamara (or some other Kamara).

Arry signs Kranjcar in each transfer window (this actually may be the truth).

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
All strikers have a 6 month lifespan at any new club, where they are very good. Thereafter they are shite.

RVP, Lukaku, Demba Ba, Michu, Chamakh. The list could go on forever.

Premier league clubs have actually cottoned onto this however, which is why Demba Ba and Micu don't play on England now

Agent Red

:lol: Think it was only days away from being 10 years!

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
All strikers have a 6 month lifespan at any new club, where they are very good. Thereafter they are shite.

RVP, Lukaku, Demba Ba, Michu, Chamakh. The list could go on forever.

Premier league clubs have actually cottoned onto this however, which is why Demba Ba and Micu don't play on England now
Lukaku's been doing well for a while though.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
Great thread with some great comments, especially in the OP.

In every game with a British commentator there will be at least one pretty rough foul, but the commentator will insists that the "he did not even touch him", "there was nothing in it" or "he went down easily".

Zidane had an outstanding World Cup in 1998 despite being sent off in one game and missing subsequent games.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
David Icke probably has suspicions some players are Lizards.

gormless

If a foreign player is fouled by a British player then the commentator is obliged to announce that it was a dive, he barely touched him or it was a very soft foul. More so if Mark Lawrenson is commentating or it's England playing

m1y2

Every African player is actually 2/3 years older than his official age, I would bet my life on Obafemi Martins being older than 29.
was about to write it. I saw him in preseason against Spurs and I was like: This guy still plays? I thought he hanged his boots already and is 29 haha

m1y2

yeah and czech national football team sucks for a long time now.. I remember we were so unlucky in play-off to WC in 2001 when we played below average Belgian side. Repka sent off in the first leg and Nedved with Baros in the second leg Wilmots scoring from the spotkick. We had a bronze run in later euro 2004(Greece was gold) but since that time nothing, no new players emerging. Rosicky is still by far our best player with Cech. Look what Belgium produced since that time. Our football is corrupted. There is no money and if there is some then it goes to wrong people. We are hugely regressing it is not even funny.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Portugal have lost every game in every qualifying campaign they've entered, but still manage to sneak through the play-offs. And then finish above England once the tournament starts, obviously.

LR7

Flamini gives away a foul every 6 minutes on average.

Spurs' pitch is a mile wide. Furthermore, the centre backs are always ridiculously high up the pitch and wide apart.

There are far more cruciate ligament injuries nowadays than there used to be.

AC Milan can't decide which badge they want to use and switch between the classic and modern every other year.

Chris Smalling has never played the ball into the path of a players run. It's always where the player is standing as Smalling kicks it, causing said runner to backtrack.
I think this is actually true.