Weird feelings of football

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
Every single goal that Manchester City scored from 2011-2016 would be a Toure through ball to David Silva on the byline who'd cut it back for Aguero/Dzeko to slot past the keeper.
They scored 6 on Sunday using the same blueprint.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Bald players are intelligent footballers but tend not to be good athletes.

cvslfc123

Supports
Liverpool
Stoke City will always be seen as a "Kick lumps and hoof the ball" team even though they haven't played like that since Tony Pulis left in 2013.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
It feels like players born in 1988/89 should be entering their prime right now.

Instead Bale, Sanchez, Ozil and Muller are basically finished at top level. This honestly seems absurd, they are still young to me.

Giggs86

Young players from the 60s and 70s, ( Charlton, Law, Styles, Sommerbee et al) look absolutley ancient compared to young players nowadays, there were no baby faces back then, you looked 40 when you were 20.
That's because they had to work in a factory, smoke and hang out at the local pub between games.

Savantona

I feel when spanish people are asked how an irishman who now plays for Sunderland in league two could possibly nutmeg Figo, they answer confused: "John O'Shea"

I'll get my coat

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
Manchester United publish their financial results every second week, and there is a record in it each time, at the very least something about the internet searches.

P0GBA

As soon as Antonio Conte left Chelsea commentators started pronouncing Kantes name in a way that sounds like Conte.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Salomon Kalou retired when Chelsea won the CL in 2012.

The Salomon Kalou playing for Hertha is his long lost twin brother.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
I feel when spanish people are asked how an irishman who now plays for Sunderland in league two could possibly nutmeg Figo, they answer confused: "John O'Shea"

I'll get my coat
Actually, Sunderland are in League One now and O'Shea does not play for them anymore.

Member 93275

Currently watching Napoli vs Torino.

Those Serie A games where the view from the camera shows only empty stands everywhere, but somewhere hidden there is a big crowd making a noise like it's sold out and the most important game ever. Somehow like a laugh track of an unfunny sitcom.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The first thing any club does after being taken over by a wealthy billionaire, is buy Wayne Bridge

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Argentina have a lot more left-footed players than other countries.

RochaRoja

If you’re left footed, you’re either a left back or a number 10. Those are the two options open to you.

Red Stone

Mark Noble and Kevin Nolan were actually the same person during their shared time at West Ham.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
All Phil Bardsley does is foul players without ever getting sent off, even though the fouls are obvious reds.

Red Stone

All American goalkeepers are required to lose all of their hair before they sign professional contracts in Europe.

Owen06

For all footballers in England and Europe as a whole,transfer window starts in August and end in September but for the Ayew brothers, well, they seem to pop of the bench for any midtable club chasing a lead.
Jesse lingard is a 21year old youngster waiting to fulfill his potential.
Gerard pique never played for Manchester United.
Jose Mourinho first season at man United was a success despite the fact that it was a disappointing season glossed with the Europa league.
Dimaria only started 3 games for man United.
Arjen robben was born a 30 year old man.
Childr

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Any penalty with an unusually long or short run-up will result in a miss.

RochaRoja

Manchester City has won every League Cup since 2011. At least five of them were on penalties.

cvslfc123

Supports
Liverpool
Every penalty Mario Balotelli has ever scored were taken the same way and goalkeepers somehow still haven't caught onto it.

Fosu-Mens

Pundits are always refering to players like they were at their best. In the pundits mind the player is as good now, as a 35 year old, like when he was 28. This holds true until the day the retirement day of the player is made public.

Lebo

Darmian ceased to exist. No one knows where he is and no one is bothered enough to ask.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
No one knows who is the current Watford manager.

RedRob

"I believe. I believe there will be more. T
Pogba's penalties always get saved.
Thanks for that :mad:

Form goes out the window in derby matches, specifically because local lads are more fired up. In actuality, there were three English players on the pitch in the North London derby yesterday, all of whom played for Spurs and only one of whom was from London. I wouldn't be too surprised if the Merseyside derby today were similarly cosmopolitan.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Every time I check the PL scores on a Saturday Crystal Palace seem to either be pulling off a major upset or beating a lower table side away from home, and yet they're still barely a handful of points above the relegation zone.

Anustart89

Every time I check the PL scores on a Saturday Crystal Palace seem to either be pulling off a major upset or beating a lower table side away from home, and yet they're still barely a handful of points above the relegation zone.
:lol: So true