Weird feelings of football

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Lemme rephrase: Japan are a "future football powerhouse" since 2002.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Barca have always been a tiki-taka side. Watching a more physical Barca without quick, sharp and accurate passing would seem bizarre now.

Every top class striker who leaves Liverpool turns to shit. Fowler, Owen and Torres. Kind of true as opposed to weird though.

Fiorentina, Udinese, Napoli and Lazio are all kind of interchangeable.

Fulham are the most pointless thing in existence. They're just kind of there. Different now they're in the Championship, but they were always kind of a club who just existed in the PL, and occasionally did something mildly interesting.

I always forget who out of Olympiacos, Panathanaikos, Fenerbache and Galatasaray are Greek/Turkish and mix them up.

Slovakia and Slovenia are the same country.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Osasuña is a ghost team. They have been in La Liga from 2000 to 2014 but no one has any idea of what their kit, stadium looks like
They're the Fulham of La Liga. Perhaps every country has an equivalent of this? I'll need to do some digging.

Great thread.

Red Stone

Chelsea could field a team consisting entirely of goalkeepers if it weren't for the fact that all of them except for Courtois and Cech will burst into flames as soon as they start playing a competitive match.

EDIT: Despite being little more than a rather tall stick impersonator, Peter Crouch scores more goals from spectacular volleys than he does from headers.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Osasuna and Espanyol are also the same team. I know one of them played Sevilla in a UEFA Cup final, but I'll be damned if I remember which one it was.

Real Madrid have a habit of having too many quality players - they're a club that was able to just get rid of players like Sneijder, Van Der Vaart, Robben and they had Owen at the same time they had Ronaldo, Zidane and Raul. Despite that, they've struggled to dominate football at all in this time, despite the number of top class players they've obviously had.

There are about eight Moscow clubs and I'll be damned if I can tell the difference between any of them. Spartak, Lokomotiv, Dinamo, CSKA - they're all there and all sometimes win their league and get into the CL, but none of them seem to dominate.

Deportivo, Sociedad and Celta Vigo seem to either compete for the title/CL or get relegated. There's little in the middle for them. Over the past decade or so they've each fluctuated between the top tier - sometimes near the top, and the second tier at times. Weird clubs.

justboy68

No one has ever done an overhead clearance in the history of football, despite it happening 7 times a game on fifa.

Similarly Rooney is the only person to have scored an overhead kick in the 21st century.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Every English supporter is a hooligan.
Russians always play with a red football on a snowy pitch.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Every single Frank Lampard goal involves at least one deflection or two bounces of the ball before hitting the net.

The left-footed player of every squad from top level to Sunday league always has the hardest, best long-range shot and/or best dribbling ability.

ctp

Taking off a striker for a centre back to protect a lead always backfires.

Waltraute

She-Devil
Whenever I leave a game (if I'm there or watching on the telly doesn't matter) to have a smoke, a team scores. Often United, so if we're not scoring I have this ritual of going out for a fag. Almost foolproof, but can only be used one time per game.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Whenever I leave a game (if I'm there or watching on the telly doesn't matter) to have a smoke, a team scores. Often United, so if we're not scoring I have this ritual of going out for a fag. Almost foolproof, but can only be used one time per game.
You must have stopped smoking a while ago.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He deffo is. When he first burst on the scene at left back, he looked like a mini Ronaldo. For some reason the United coaches forced him to play with his right foot though and he became crap. (he was never crap)
That's John O'Shea you're thinking of.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
No one has ever done an overhead clearance in the history of football, despite it happening 7 times a game on fifa.

Similarly Rooney is the only person to have scored an overhead kick in the 21st century.
I did this once, right off the line, felt so good about myself....

Raul Madrid

I have seen ramos and cannavaro do them quite a few times.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Aston Villa are only 6 world class signings away from getting a full house at Villa Park.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Dpesite having a pretty good record from corners, I'm never convinced we will score from one.

Despite it happening every season, if a top class player catches out the keeper with a quick free kick or puts it under a jumping wall the commentators will claim they are some kind of inventive genius.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
I remember Roberto Carlos did it against Denmark in 1998, but he missed the ball and it resulted in Laudrup's equalizer.. just one of the many crucial/dumb mistakes he commited in world cups

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I did this once, right off the line, felt so good about myself....
I tried doing one once and just ended up kicking the striker in the face a fraction after he had headed the ball in.

Cockney-Red

Newcastle have been in constant turmoil ever since the days when Bobby Robson was their manager and Shearer still played for them.

Sunderland have been in a relegation dogfight every season for the last 10-15 years.

For the past 8 years, Arsenal always finish 4th, qualify for the Champions league, only then to inevitably be knocked out in the 2nd round stage of the competition by the first real great team they come up against.

At the end of every season, Dortmund's 'player of the season' moves to Bayern.

Cockney-Red

Brazil seem to have world class players all over the globe, it always seems like they could name two World Cup squads capable of winning the thing but then their actual squad always contains some pure rubbish like Fred and Jo.

Hulk never played well during his entire career.

Chelsea never lose in the Premier League, their last defeat was around 2003.

The Highbury pitch was something like 30x30 yards and only one side of it existed in the actual physical world, the other just merged into the stands through some sorcery.

Real Madrid are supposed to be purple. They also play their home league games and their home CL games in a different stadium. Barcelona, too.

The biggest clubs in Italy just keep switching their squads around among themselves; if you ever get to sign for Juventus, you'll definitely play for Milan, Inter and probably Roma as well.
:lol:

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Every season since about 2007, Arsenal will either get a result with a late goal, or narrowly hold on to a win against a decent side. Some no-nothing pundit will then proclaim "this is exactly the sort of game Arsenal would have got nothing from in recent years". Every single season.

shivab

if the indian cricket team plays on the same day as united, neither will win. if either team has lost the day before, the other one will also lose. i just went full retard.