We'll finish fourth | Actually, we'll finish seventh

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
You say that but Arsenal should have won as expected today. They lost. They also lost to Brighton. Totally in our hands.

We got to play them next week and they got Chelsea midweek. We could well be fourth by the end of the season
In their hands, because they've got games against all the direct opponents. I didn't write it's their to lose.

DeGea’sFeet

It’s the hope that kills you. 2 points out of a possible 9 Vs Watford, Leicester and Everton. 7 points, even 6 from those matches and we’d be 4th… but then would have most likely lost today.

Also we’ve got Liverpool Tuesday.

el3mel

Will we go on a parade with the 4th place cup if we manage it ?

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I really feel the optimism, it’s amazing what a win against a quality team can do for your confidence.

Mercurial

It *could* happen but I doubt it, our run in is brutal.

You can count on Spurs and Arsenal to choke, but sadly you can count on us too.
We managed to stave off the Spurification process for a while longer tonight.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Liverpool away
Arsenal away
Brentford home
Brighton away
Chelsea home
Palace away

We're not getting fourth.
Chelsea home is likely to be after Arsenal away (if Chelsea beat Palace tomorrow). Win those next three and we can start talking top four.

sirAlexsglasses

I’m past seasons under SAF we would walk that run in, it’s a sad state of affairs where I could even think that we would struggle to get any points from that run in. I am dreading the dippers away, this could be our biggest defeat in our history if they turn it on and we don’t turn up…..and let’s face it we haven’t yet this season.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Liverpool away
Arsenal away
Brentford home
Brighton away
Chelsea home
Palace away

Brutal fixture list, honestly I don't see us beating anyone, maybe Brentford at home and that's about it.
Spurs and Arsenal look shaky, but we are the worst AND have the most difficult fixture list.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Brutal fixture list, honestly I don't see us beating anyone, maybe Brentford at home and that's about it.
Spurs and Arsenal look shaky, but we are the worst AND have the most difficult fixture list.
This is just something to say because you are a United fan on a United forum and generally, everyone loves to wallow in misery here. How are we the worst at the moment when Arsenal have lost 4 out of their last 5 and we’ve lost 3 in the last 5 months?

Irwin99

It's just not happening. If we had beat Leicester and Everton i'd still be concerned at the remaining fixtures.

It could be quite another low points total for the team that does finish 4th though as you'd fancy Spurs and Arsenal to drop a fair few points too.

DevilRed

In what world would we be able to finish fourth playing the way we play?

Its a fecking farce. Rangnick should be sacked now and bring back Carrick for the remianing games.

Robbie Boy

We really won't. But, I'll give you my mates number if you like; he's also been convinved for weeks that we're getting fourth. He's also in complete denial about how successful Liverpool's season is going to be.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
This is just something to say because you are a United fan on a United forum and generally, everyone loves to wallow in misery here. How are we the worst at the moment when Arsenal have lost 4 out of their last 5 and we’ve lost 3 in the last 5 months?
It's just my opinion, I don't have to be right.
It's a matter of perspective, Arsenal also won 6 from the last 10 PL games and have 7 more games to play, 1 more than us. Also there is Spurs..

redmanx

Liverpool away
Arsenal away
Brentford home
Brighton away
Chelsea home
Palace away

Sad to say I cant see us beating Liverpool and a draw with Chelsea is probably the best we can expect; also, Spurs and Arsenal have only got to ensure they dont lose.......but after today we have a glimmer of hope!

Moriarty

Sad to say I cant see us beating Liverpool and a draw with Chelsea is probably the best we can expect; also, Spurs and Arsenal have only got to ensure they dont lose.......but after today we have a glimmer of hope!
I love optimists. They balance out the jaded and pessimistic view I have of life in general and United in particular.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It's just my opinion, I don't have to be right.
It's a matter of perspective, Arsenal also won 6 from the last 10 PL games and have 7 more games to play, 1 more than us. Also there is Spurs..
I mean, Arsenal have won games before, but if they had won much more than us then we wouldn’t be in the same place in the table. Their current form is terrible. Likewise Spurs to be fair. If these teams were so much better, we couldn’t possibly overtake them. I do think it’s a perspective thing personally, but I accept that there is no science behind football opinions so fair play.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I know we are probably not going to get 4th as we had the toughest remaining fixture.

But we only only 3 points behind, still have to face Arsenal, so its still in our own hands

Spur has Liverpool away, and they have to face Arsenal

Arsenal has Chelsea and Spur away, they still have to face us.

Deery

Dreary
If we beat Everton I would have held a bit of hope, but the fixtures are unfair to us. The Liverpool game no matter how impossible it may seem has got a little more interesting..

fezzerUTD

We only just beat norwich feck sake at home, talk about knee jerk or what.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
How can anyone watch us and think we'll be anywhere close? It's delusional.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Nah. If we were actually in the top 4 I’d think maybe we could scrape across the line. The fact we’re playing catch up I don’t see it as there’s no way we will put a run together playing like this. If we make it there’s something seriously wrong with Arsenal and Spurs.

RetroStu

To be fair, a few games ago it seemed almost impossible, and now here we are with a realistic chance. Football can change so quick.
Having said that, i dont think we have the mentality to grab fourth.

Tavern in the town

If you look at our fixtures it’s quite possible we don’t win a single one. Might seem a bit hyperbolic but we just stumbled across the line against the worse team in the league today, I honestly don’t see where the next win is coming from.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We won't get 4th. And we'll put those still having some hope out of their misery in a few days.

Thiagoal

If we were hitting form then yeah game on! But anyone watching us the past few weeks will realise we have somewhere between 0-10% chance of making it (with the fixtures as they are)

AndySmith1990

Why, because we've just barely managed to beat the worst team in the league? It'd be laughable if we finished 4th and show how piss poor the Premier league is