We're about to go on a title run, stop with the negativity

lex talionis

We’re just not good enough yet to believe we can top the league this season. There’s nothing wrong with dreaming, but this is a dream that’s too unrealistic to believe during the waking hours of the day.

Top four is still doable, but that may well be out of reach as well. We’ll just have to win the CL this season to make sure we’re in the competition next season.

Withnail

We’re just not good enough yet to believe we can top the league this season. There’s nothing wrong with dreaming, but this is a dream that’s too unrealistic to believe during the waking hours of the day.

Top four is still doable, but that may well be out of reach as well. We’ll just have to win the CL this season to make sure we’re in the competition next season.
I hear ya about the league. It's a bit of a pipe dream but you never know. I think this year will be mad for injuries and weird results.

Top 4 is definitely still doable. Look at the teams up there at the moment. Southampton won't be there long-term and every other team has European football to contend with.

Leicester have had a good start, as usual, but their squad is still light and the Europa grind will hurt them.

Tottenham will get more and more negative as the season progresses (It's the Mourinho way) so I can see them dropping points when they shouldn't.

I still think it's wide open up there and it will be down to who copes best with the fixture pile-up and can keep their best players fit.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
I hear ya about the league. It's a bit of a pipe dream but you never know. I think this year will be mad for injuries and weird results.

Top 4 is definitely still doable. Look at the teams up there at the moment. Southampton won't be there long-term and every other team has European football to contend with.

Leicester have had a good start, as usual, but their squad is still light and the Europa grind will hurt them.

Tottenham will get more and more negative as the season progresses (It's the Mourinho way) so I can see them dropping points when they shouldn't.

I still think it's wide open up there and it will be down to who copes best with the fixture pile-up and can keep their best players fit.
I'd be wary of counting Mourinho out this season. He looks like an injured tiger at Spurs at the moment.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

If top 4 is out of the reach already then there's something drastically wrong. We should definitely be getting top 4 this year, no excuses.

Chresta

This is statistically untrue. So far in his United-career, Ole has the third best success-rate of all our managers, beaten only by Ferguson and Mourinho as far as win-percentage and points per game are concerned. To label him mid-table/incompetent, that's just a personal bias based on feck all and doesn't relate well to his actual achievements here. He brought us from the wreck of Mourinho, after his failings on the transfer market and subsequent implosion which left us with a squad neither fit nor motivated to compete for anything, to salvage at least something out of that disaster and then finish third the following campaign despite not having much in terms of offensive capabilities for a good half of it.

And he's done this despite everyone snapping at his heels, throwing him all kinds of crap and scrutinizing his every move, both media and (so-called) supporters alike constantly battering him unlike anything any manager in the history of our club has ever had to deal with before him, and yet he's remained smiling and positive never once even considering throwing his players under the bus always deflecting anything negative onto himself absorbing it like a champ in order to shield those around him.

He may not be the answer for us, remains to be seen and this season will answer a lot in that regard, but he's far from this clueless git or pathetic character so many are making him out to be.
Brilliant post!

lex talionis

Hard to disagree with that. 5 points behind with only 93 still available.
Of course there are still plenty of games left, and I do believe we’ll be in the conversation for top four in the spring. Yet we can be sure Liverpool and City will be well ahead of us, so we need to overcome Spurs or Chelsea. Doable, but apart from reputation (Lads, it’s Spurs.) we have no right to believe we’ll fly past Spurs.

And they’re not the only clubs who have a reasonable belief in a top four finish.

We’ve got gobs of talent in the squad but we’ve yet to demonstrate any consistent cohesion under Ole. We drop stupid points to clubs like Palace and Arsenal, who we should destroyed. But yes, if players like Pogba, Martial and Rashford can find a way perform up to their reputations, we can definitely go on a points spree and land third place again. But better than that...I doubt it.

KevinJoh

:) with win against Burnley we are 2 points behind leaders so obviously still in the title run.

lysglimt

Scout
:) with win against Burnley we are 2 points behind leaders so obviously still in the title run.
Nah we are out of it - we can forget about top 4 as well. This season was over the second Palace scored 1-0. Thats when we should have fired OGS

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Too early to say of course, but I think we are outrageously undervalued at 25s on the betting sites so I put a ton on it this morning.

Red Star One

Too early to say of course, but I think we are outrageously undervalued at 25s on the betting sites so I put a ton on it this morning.
I just saw City at 2.75 still and for a moment thought its bonkers, but at the end of the day it's still very early in the season and point differences are so low that one direct match can change a lot. Mine has us at 26 which I agree is a lot, 20ish would be about right.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
You have some extremely high faith in the team. Either that or you are loaded and £100 is peanuts to you.
I just saw City at 2.75 still and for a moment thought its bonkers, but at the end of the day it's still very early in the season and point differences are so low that one direct match can change a lot. Mine has us at 26 which I agree is a lot, 20ish would be about right.
I dont think we are likely to win it, I just look for value anywhere and for me we are way overpriced, so I moved 100 over from my poker account. Spurs and Chelsea were both 11/2 as an example. That doesn't make any sense to me.

Jericho

The league definitely seems like it might be up for grabs this year. If the players can get some consistency going we can at least challenge. Easier said then done though. In the last few years we've blown almost every opportunity we've had to close ground on rivals.

KevinJoh

We are far away from favorites, but comparing to what I thought before the season start it is not impossible. With Liverpool killed by injuries and City playing terrible, obviously there is a chance and we, Spurs and Chelsea will be much closer than last year. Also, if we would like to compare, we have been 15 points apart from Liverpool at the same stage last year. We now have 6 points more than last year, it is 60% improvement, scoring 6 more goals.

Teja

Well, at the very least, breaking the City / Pool duopoly will be refreshing. I'd obviously love for us to put in a challenge, but I'll take a solid top four that doesn't come down to the wire like it did last year.

Rooting for Spurs / Chelsea to do it this year, wouldn't mind a Spurs win tbh.

shaky

The price seems ridiculous considering they have Chelsea and Spurs both at around 6/1. I don't see any reason why we won't finish ahead of them both again this season.

RumHam

We are far away from favorites, but comparing to what I thought before the season start it is not impossible. With Liverpool killed by injuries and City playing terrible, obviously there is a chance and we, Spurs and Chelsea will be much closer than last year. Also, if we would like to compare, we have been 15 points apart from Liverpool at the same stage last year. We now have 6 points more than last year, it is 60% improvement, scoring 6 more goals.
Which is pretty amazing given the ridiculous start we had before the first international break which was partially influenced by no pre-season, starting behind other teams from a physical perspective, and the club captain's head completely gone due to the Greece incident.

Onwards and upwards!

COME ON REDS

Ollie Derbyshire

If MMM get to anything close to where they where at the end of last season we have a great chance.

Liverpool will be up there as expected and City will be there or there abouts but neither are as strong as last year. Other than those no one is looking that great, Spurs and Chelsea are on a par with us I think, they have a chance if things fall their way.

Let’s just give it a real go, momentum could carry us far if we stay lucky with injuries, as we have a really good squad now which if managed well could go far.

saeed

being near top of table is vital for confidence of this team. if we hold this position till February then everything is possible.

croadyman

If MMM get to anything close to where they where at the end of last season we have a great chance.

Liverpool will be up there as expected and City will be there or there abouts but neither are as strong as last year. Other than those no one is looking that great, Spurs and Chelsea are on a par with us I think, they have a chance if things fall their way.

Let’s just give it a real go, momentum could carry us far if we stay lucky with injuries, as we have a really good squad now which if managed well could go far.
Don't forget the new EC7 backing them up as well, just hope he doesn't get the book thrown at him by the FA now especially with tough looking fixtures coming up around the mid December to xmas period. Felt like a massive win yesterday and to be only 5 points off the top with a game in hand isn't too shabby considering we have been a bit up and down.

Ollie Derbyshire

Don't forget the new EC7 backing them up as well, just hope he doesn't get the book thrown at him by the FA now especially with tough looking fixtures coming up around the mid December to xmas period.
Yeah will be a big disappointment if they do, can’t really afford him to miss many right now.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
City is playing rather good. Their form is on par with ours. Their strikers are more prolific.

VanGaalEra

It’s a funny old season, if we can double up on our current run in the PL and make it 6 wins in a row, we’ll be effectively top of the league by the end of that run.

Any side that can go on a run of 5/6 straight wins a couple times in the season, will win the league. Truly believe 86 points will be enough and the squad needs to believe they can achieve that.

mancave bear

It’s a funny old season, if we can double up on our current run in the PL and make it 6 wins in a row, we’ll be effectively top of the league by the end of that run.

Any side that can go on a run of 5/6 straight wins a couple times in the season, will win the league. Truly believe 86 points will be enough and the squad needs to believe they can achieve that.
Yes, we have done that before, so lets enjoy it while it lasts : )

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
One game at a time. Villa will be no easier at the weekend. They look fantastic right now.