We're about to go on a title run, stop with the negativity

Jacob

Fire Ole today and I bet he would be understanding

treble_winner

No this isn't a wumming thread. Last season this squad showed their mettle through getting top 4. People overreact to a few games. We are about to show everyone who the feck we are.
We are fecking Manchester United and we are going to win the league this year and we will show everyone who we are vs Chelsea later today.
Ole has already shown that true great management spirit by dropping Green wood and Pogba for valid reasons. All you opposing fans get ready to really hate us again and all you "so called" United fans unhappy with management get ready to feel unhappy because we are about to be successful again.
We KNEW this thread will be very entertaining. :D

Web of Bissaka

Guys, we are actually 10th place but importantly just 5 pts off the table leader.

We have a game in hand, so relax, title run is on!!!!

If only we had pre-season to prepare our fitness so our start will be better, let's blame Covid!

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Guys, we are actually 10th place but importantly just 5 pts off the table leader.
No team in the history of the league has been 5 points off the table leader and made top 4, let alone win it. We're on relegation form ffs.

Marcus

I have nothing to lose by being optimistic. Come on United! This is a strange season like no other (for obvious reasons). Anything can happen. The league leaders could suddenly lose half their squad to COVID, for instance. Why not hope that United somehow manages to do a Leicester even if we are still unsteady?

Gasolin

No team in the history of the league has been 5 points off the table leader and made top 4, let alone win it. We're on relegation form ffs.
We are alright, this season is going to be full of injuries for every clubs and it will hurt all the other top 6 teams as well. In our case, we still have freshness left because all of our new players are not fully rotating with the rest. We just have to stay close to the top until we can switch gear in 2nd half.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We are still 2-3 top players off or minimum 2 top players off in our starting XI to be considered to challenge the league whether it’s Poch, Ole or Rose the manager is. This is important because we have CL football plus unusual schedule means our schedule is not comparable to how Leicester won it. That starting XI against Everton, if we sign players to upgrade our XI last summer like Sancho/Grealish to take Mata’s spot and Partey to take McT’s spot I’ll be more confident that we can actually challenge. Top Defensive midfielders and the wide/creative attackers are needed to provide us more cover for the rotation in crazy schedule and competition to push players to perform more consistent.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
The in-brigade do not exactly paint themselves in glory with inane and ludicrous threads like this one or masterclass etc. Why can't we have some sanity around here...jeez.

jackal&hyde

The in-brigade do not exactly paint themselves in glory with inane and ludicrous threads like this one or masterclass etc. Why can't we have some sanity around here...jeez.
They were right last year to have faith since we finished 3ed. So why not this year?

TheDoc

Well at least they're amusing and upbeat, unlike their defeatist counter-part from the equally (actually more I could argue) demented doom-and-gloom cult. I'd rather get a few laughs and a kick or two from these threads, than depression, anxiety and explosive diarrhea, followed by a total loss of faith in humanity. Point being, there's no point taking sides here, because all of this is ludicrous. We're seven games in. Seven. Eat that number, chew on it, taste it, then swallow: Seven. Everyone should just chill the feck down as concluding anything is just beyond stupid at this point.

But if being beyond stupid is what you strive for, if that's your goal in life, then at least make it entertaining for the rest of us. And in that regard, the people already celebrating our fourteenth this year does a way better job than the ones standing by ready to burn down the stadium and stomp on its ashes because "there's absolutely no progress whatsoever" or "we're the worst coached team in the league" with "all our players being dross", some even hollering how we're "headed for relegation" and others celebrating every loss and lamenting every victory because they want to be put out of their (perceived) misery sooner rather than later.

There's dumbarsery you can enjoy in life and then there's dumbarsery which only brings you down, piling on some extra misery. Choosing between them I prefer the former, because at least it has some usefulness to it.

Strelok

On one hand many believe we'll sack our manager very soon. On the other hand some think we're on a title run.

Ladies and gentlemen, here we proudly present the Red Cafe at its finest :lol:

Number32

On one hand many believe we'll sack our manager very soon. On the other hand some think we're on a title run.

It's still early, even if we sacked ole very soon, the new manager still would be expected on the title run. So I can't see any contradictory here.

The Red Cafe's whole points of sacking him immediately, because he is a mid-table/incompetent manager who would not bring us a title run.

Last edited:

Strelok

It's still early, even if we sacked ole very soon, the new manager still would be expected on the title run. So I can't see any contradictory here.

The Red Cafe's whole of points of sacking him immediately, because he is a mid-table/incompetent manager who would not bring us a title run.
I see your point.

However if this is the case, he won't last long I guess :lol:

TheDoc

The Red Cafe's whole of points of sacking him immediately, because he is a mid-table/incompetent manager who would not bring us a title run.
This is statistically untrue. So far in his United-career, Ole has the third best success-rate of all our managers, beaten only by Ferguson and Mourinho as far as win-percentage and points per game are concerned. To label him mid-table/incompetent, that's just a personal bias based on feck all and doesn't relate well to his actual achievements here. He brought us from the wreck of Mourinho, after his failings on the transfer market and subsequent implosion which left us with a squad neither fit nor motivated to compete for anything, to salvage at least something out of that disaster and then finish third the following campaign despite not having much in terms of offensive capabilities for a good half of it.

And he's done this despite everyone snapping at his heels, throwing him all kinds of crap and scrutinizing his every move, both media and (so-called) supporters alike constantly battering him unlike anything any manager in the history of our club has ever had to deal with before him, and yet he's remained smiling and positive never once even considering throwing his players under the bus always deflecting anything negative onto himself absorbing it like a champ in order to shield those around him.

He may not be the answer for us, remains to be seen and this season will answer a lot in that regard, but he's far from this clueless git or pathetic character so many are making him out to be.

Number32

I see your point.

However if this is the case, he won't last long I guess :lol:
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/so-many-managers-have-been-sacked.457927/
Yes, indeed. Apparently the ole out brigade think we waste so much time on managers that are clearly not in the title run, they prefer bunch of short-term elite managers to keep us on top level like Bayern, Real Madrid, Chelsea, and Barcelona.

This is statistically untrue. So far in his United-career, Ole has the third best success-rate of all our managers, beaten only by Ferguson and Mourinho as far as win-percentage and points per game are concerned. To label him mid-table/incompetent, that's just a personal bias based on feck all and doesn't relate well to his actual achievements here. He brought us from the wreck of Mourinho, after his failings on the transfer market and subsequent implosion which left us with a squad neither fit nor motivated to compete for anything, to salvage at least something out of that disaster and then finish third the following campaign despite not having much in terms of offensive capabilities for a good half of it.

And he's done this despite everyone snapping at his heels, throwing him all kinds of crap and scrutinizing his every move, both media and (so-called) supporters alike constantly battering him unlike anything any manager in the history of our club has ever had to deal with before him, and yet he's remained smiling and positive never once even considering throwing his players under the bus always deflecting anything negative onto himself absorbing it like a champ in order to shield those around him.

He may not be the answer for us, remains to be seen and this season will answer a lot in that regard, but he's far from this clueless git or pathetic character so many are making him out to be.
That's a fair point. I don't want him to be sacked either.

Strelok

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/so-many-managers-have-been-sacked.457927/
Yes, indeed. Apparently the ole out brigade think we waste so much time on managers that are clearly not in the title run, they prefer bunch of short-term elite managers to keep us on top level like Bayern, Real Madrid, Chelsea, and Barcelona.

That's a fair point. I don't want him to be sacked either.
Tbh imo most of the Ole out are pretty delude. They basically want instant success. Ok fine.

But to get instant success you'd need to spend heavily on many prime world class or at least very good players. We just don't have that money. With the current sky high prices and in this Covid climate. Nobody does actually. The ones who have money from their oil rich owners are limited by FFP.

Those days of hiring some elite managers, buy a bunch of players and immediately win things are long gone I think. No club can afford that, not anymore.

In the current circumstances, imo to build a squad that can compete for PL and CL titles you'd need at least 3 seasons minimum. With smart and right signings, lot of money and developing our own players.

Regarding this, tbf Ole has done a pretty good job. Has he done good enough? Well nothing will ever be. But imo we started to have a pretty decent young, hungry squad. I just don't think he'd survive long enough to complete his work. He'll need to earn his time. Nothing is free. Or he's not the right one to do that?. Who knows. At the end of the day the manager job is a results based one. Only time will tell. I'd be just happy supporting Ole for the now, or whoever the next one would be.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Conceptually the thread title isn't wrong. Seems far fetched to say the least though!

Bestietom

We need another 3 players in the mould of Bruno, (Leaders) in January ( CB, DM, RW.) Maybe then we can go on a good run

Gasolin

We need another 3 players in the mould of Bruno, (Leaders) in January ( CB, DM, RW.) Maybe then we can go on a good run
Yep. Maybe in Jan we can get this Diallo dude to provide us the so needed width. By providing width, it may provide space for our other players, including Bruno an Martial, so that they can thrive.

The next step would be to "combine" Fred and Scott into one single player somehow, so that we can free another slot for a player a la VdB or Pogba. In this setup, they would thrive, especially Pogba.

Then we can check if we still need a CB. We might, but I don't think that's the priority for us now, we are doing fine in term of defensive structure as long as we don't allow for individual mistakes. One way to do so is to keep the ball high enough on the pitch. So the other 2 positions would be good to solve first!

Last edited:

wolvored

The Red Cafe's whole points of sacking him immediately, because he is a mid-table/incompetent manager who would not bring us a title run.
A new manager would get a pass this year if we finished outside top 4, but would be expected to go for it the season after.

wolvored

Yep. Maybe in Jan we can get this Diallo dude to provide us the so needed width. By providing width, we may provide space for our other players, including Bruno an Martial to thrive.
The next step would be to "combine" Fred and Scott into one single player somehow, so that we can free another slot for a player a la VdB or Pogba. In this setup, they would thrive, especially Pogba.

Then we can check if we still need a CB. We might, but I don't think that's the priority for us now, we are doing fine in term of defensive structure as long as we don't allow for individual mistakes. One way to do so is to keep the ball high enough on the pitch. So the other 2 positions would be good to solve first!
This was the biggest mistake we made imo. We should have gone for Partey or his ilk. Too loyal to players like McTom and Fred to cover DM leaves us short on the attacking front. With the system Ole prefers a WC/very good DM would have freed another place for either Pogba or VDB to have gone forward as well.

Bestietom

This was the biggest mistake we made imo. We should have gone for Partey or his ilk. Too loyal to players like McTom and Fred to cover DM leaves us short on the attacking front. With the system Ole prefers a WC/very good DM would have freed another place for either Pogba or VDB to have gone forward as well.
I agree. Zakaria ( Injured now) or Soumare would be ideal.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Well at least they're amusing and upbeat, unlike their defeatist counter-part from the equally (actually more I could argue) demented doom-and-gloom cult. I'd rather get a few laughs and a kick or two from these threads, than depression, anxiety and explosive diarrhea, followed by a total loss of faith in humanity. Point being, there's no point taking sides here, because all of this is ludicrous. We're seven games in. Seven. Eat that number, chew on it, taste it, then swallow: Seven. Everyone should just chill the feck down as concluding anything is just beyond stupid at this point.

But if being beyond stupid is what you strive for, if that's your goal in life, then at least make it entertaining for the rest of us. And in that regard, the people already celebrating our fourteenth this year does a way better job than the ones standing by ready to burn down the stadium and stomp on its ashes because "there's absolutely no progress whatsoever" or "we're the worst coached team in the league" with "all our players being dross", some even hollering how we're "headed for relegation" and others celebrating every loss and lamenting every victory because they want to be put out of their (perceived) misery sooner rather than later.

There's dumbarsery you can enjoy in life and then there's dumbarsery which only brings you down, piling on some extra misery. Choosing between them I prefer the former, because at least it has some usefulness to it.
So you wrote the thesis to agree that it's insanity to have threads such as these?

Gabagoo

Why do fans have such confidence in the team that they actually believe we're about to go in a title run? Or is it because they think that if Southampton can get to the top then so can we?

Last edited:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

Stop treating Ole as a poor victim

The most unqualified manager to ever manage Manchester United
He had the whole Ex United Pundits defending him week in week out
He had the patiences from the fans, more than they afforded anyone else
One of the highest paid Manager in the premier league
The longest serving manager post SAF despite not winning / showing much
350M Spent, the highest among EPL manager in the same time span
People like you defending him to the hilt, constantly moving goalpoast from players not good enough, the board, the owner, "The total spent is not telling the whole stories", the It's ok if we don't finish 4th because teams are getting stronger, the no pre-season, the "he only spent 120M on backups so he can't be expected to get more points than last year because they're not first teamer", "The tactical masterclass whoop whoop"

constantly battering him unlike anything any manager
Yeah right

OleTheGreat

No this isn't a wumming thread. Last season this squad showed their mettle through getting top 4. People overreact to a few games. We are about to show everyone who the feck we are.
We are fecking Manchester United and we are going to win the league this year and we will show everyone who we are vs Chelsea later today.
Ole has already shown that true great management spirit by dropping Green wood and Pogba for valid reasons. All you opposing fans get ready to really hate us again and all you "so called" United fans unhappy with management get ready to feel unhappy because we are about to be successful again.
It bodes well for all of us that you think so optimistically but practically thinking it will be difficult for us unless Amad Diallo comes into our first team and does something unthinkable in the Jan window.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The longest serving manager post SAF despite not winning / showing much
LVG - 677 days in charge at United
Ole - 693 days in charge at United
Jose - 935 days in charge at United

350M Spent, the highest among EPL manager in the same time span
I'm including loan fees, if we don't then our total transfer money spent would be lower. Also including the Janauary transfer window of 2018 (Ole was at the club before this window as caretaker).

€364m - Chelsea
€330m - Manchester City
€310m - Manchester United
€287m - Tottenham
€249m - Arsenal
€90m - Liverpool

I haven't checked previous United Managers winning creditionals. Don't have time, can probably check later though. Really not sure where you got the idea that he was the longest serving United Manager, he's not even been here two years...?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It bodes well for all of us that you think so optimistically but practically thinking it will be difficult for us unless Amad Diallo comes into our first team and does something unthinkable in the Jan window.
Agreed. We're short of perhaps two attacking players that can actually contribute with end product. Ighalo will probably go in January too, not that we'll miss him much with the exception of cover.

I think our hope has to be that Cavani has a stormer of a season and none of our attacking lads get injured and even then it'll be a long shot given the amount of games we're going to need to play. We just don't have the attacking depth imo. Hope i'm proved wrong.

GenZRed

It's called having different opinions.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
LVG - 677 days in charge at United
Ole - 693 days in charge at United
Jose - 935 days in charge at United

I'm including loan fees, if we don't then our total transfer money spent would be lower. Also including the Janauary transfer window of 2018 (Ole was at the club before this window as caretaker).

€364m - Chelsea
€330m - Manchester City
€310m - Manchester United
€287m - Tottenham
€249m - Arsenal
€90m - Liverpool

I haven't checked previous United Managers winning creditionals. Don't have time, can probably check later though. Really not sure where you got the idea that he was the longest serving United Manager, he's not even been here two years...?
Technically it's his 3rd year managing us

18/19
19/20
20/21

Granted he take over half way, and we're still 10 games into the new season, but he got 3 years under his belt already.

Jose only got 3
Lvl got 2

And considering he's still managing he looks like he'll outlast each and everyone on them.

So my bad, he's 3rd most spender that is.

Last edited:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Technically it's his 3rd year managing us

18/19
19/20
20/21

Granted he take over half way, and we're still 10 games into the new season, but he got 3 years under his belt already.

Jose only got 3
Lvl got 2

And considering he's still managing he looks like he'll outlast each and everyone on them.
But he isn't the longest running Manager is he? Jose managed for significantly longer. Lets assume you're wanting to follow up with the "3 years under his belt" argument.

Ole was appointed as caretaker in 19 December 2018. Therefore he managed for 12 days in 2018, twelve! He managed all of 2019 and most of 2020.

Now if you're basing it as managing for 3 seasons, that's a different story. He's managed half a season in 18/19, a full season in 19/20 and half a season currently (generous) in 20/21. Straw clutching at it's finest and certainly doesn't warrant being called " The longest serving manager post SAF", which is clearly not correct.