We're actually quite good

DevilRed

Still lacking matchwinners and a top notch midfield.

Fred is too lightweight and Matic is only good for a match a week.

Bruno is fantastic but we need someone else to create and score goals. Martial didn't really do much today. I feel like Mason would have been the better option playing up top, but I guess Ole doesn't trust Martial tracking back.

SirAnderson

That brilliant defensive performance vindicates this thread.

Ancelotti has this Everton side performing like top four contenders, and we dealt with them as well as anyone since he arrived.

Honestly, I cannot recall a better showing from our backline at any period since Fergie retired. We are clearly making strides forward.
Wow, I wish I could have such a single focus like you bro.
All I see is the hopeless showing we have up front again, while Brunos strike was good, it was poor keeping that made our eventual draw possible.
Its back to that word, consistency, it's lacking seriously up front.

But yes, our defense did endure a barrage of corners and hoof balls. Thank goodness for slab head.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Wow, I wish I could have such a single focus like you bro.
All I see is the hopeless showing we have up front again, while Brunos strike was good, it was poor keeping that made our eventual draw possible.
Its back to that word, consistency, it's lacking seriously up front.

But yes, our defense did endure a barrage of corners and hoof balls. Thank goodness for slab head.
It's a matter of perspective, I guess.

I think you're undervaluing the effect Ancheloti's had on this Everton side. It was him who tweaked the formation at half-time, countering our diamond shape that was so effective in the first half, allowing his team to control the tempo of the game as a result. Ole didn't react fast enough for my liking, though. He waited until the 73rd minute before reverting us to the 4231 as a counter to Ancheloti's half-time changes, that's not good.

In any case, this Everton side are far better than some in this thread are giving them credit for. Top four potentials for next season even, assuming Ancheloti stays.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
In any case, this Everton side are far better than some in this thread are giving them credit for. Top four potentials for next season even, assuming Ancheloti stays.
On paper, our squad is better, more expensive and higher paid.
Why the hell can't our manager have the same effect as Ancelotti?
And if you say, "Well, Ole is not as good.",fire him and bring in someone who can go toe to toe with Ancelotti and the mighty Everton!

Sparky Rhiwabon

And if you say, "Well, Ole is not as good.",fire him and bring in someone who can go toe to toe with Ancelotti and the mighty Everton!
I don't think anyone would say that Ole is as good a manager as Ancelotti! He's only here because he's a club legend.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
You make a valid point in all honesty.

And I would have responded exactly as you suggested.

Verminator

Or maybe there are different managers for different jobs.
Maybe Ole wouldn't be the best man for trying to get a tune out of Everton, who have no budget to make changes?

Maybe Ancelotti wouldn't be the man you would choose to conduct a clear out of uncommitted mercs and wasters, and build a youthful, enthusiastic side?

Maybe Moyes wouldn't be the man you'd choose to take over the champs and smoothly continue the success? Well you shouldn't.

Ole is doing a job here, and so long as you don't expect instant success as part of the deal, he is shaping the squad better than anyone since Fergie.

Horses for courses. Seems a pretty simple concept really.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

I think you're undervaluing the effect Ancheloti's had on this Everton side. It was him who tweaked the formation at half-time, countering our diamond shape that was so effective in the first half, allowing his team to control the tempo of the game as a result. Ole didn't react fast enough for my liking, though. He waited until the 73rd minute before reverting us to the 4231 as a counter to Ancheloti's half-time changes, that's not good.

Everton have spent over £400m in the last 4 years. Barcelona bid £85m for Richarlison a few weeks ago but you would think we were up against some Championship side the way people talk on here.

Fussball13251

Noting is going to change until we get a new manager in with his own coaching staff. Too many players look unfit, etc. Look at liverpool and Mane, for example, Klopp has turned Mane into an insane athlete. We're not bad on paper.

Whenever pep plays Phil Foden do you ever see him having a poor first touch like this: watch?v=NXeRGT7UlTo

watch?v=LNWDH1b_jFs Pep is a very good coach. So was Ferguson.

As I said before of Fergie had this squad of players he would have no problem battling second

Last edited:

GazTheLegend

Noting is going to change until we get a new manager in with his own coaching staff. Too many players look unfit, etc. Look at liverpool and Mane, for example, Klopp has turned Mane into an insane athlete. We're not bad on paper.
There is literally no way you ever saw Mane play for Southampton :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude was signed partly BECAUSE of his insane work rate, was hugely linked with us and people were gushing over how quickly he closed people down and his athleticism

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Everton have spent over £400m in the last 4 years. Barcelona bid £85m for Richarlison a few weeks ago but you would think we were up against some Championship side the way people talk on here.
Plus Everton are notorious for raising their game when United come into town.

El Zoido

The reaction here is ridiculous. If we fail to win a game the place melts down.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Ancelotti saw what we were doing first half, adjusted, and we didn't adjust in the second half in order to get back into the game as we had in the first half really.
Basically this. Ole didnt adjust accordingly.

izzydiggler

I thought we actually played pretty well, especially considering it’s a difficult away game. Bit toothless and lacking in chances but box to box, I was quite pleased,

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United

I've looked at Everton this season and thought they had a pretty good squad but then I looked at them again today and the team they put out was nowhere near as good as ours. Coleman is/was a very good player but his replacement today Sidibe is terrible, Michael Keane left us for a reason, Holgate is still very young to be a CB and Baines is 35.

Tom Davies although he played OK today is generally crap, Walcott left his best days behind years ago, Gomes I've never rated, Sigurdson I do like as a player but he does blow hot and cold with the only 2 (playing today) I rate were Richarlison and CL so personally I don't think they're a far better side than people give credit for and if they're going to be one of our main contenders for top 4 next season then we've got problems.

sect2k

He rarely if ever does, that's why our second half performances are, usually, worst than first half over the course of the whole season. There was a first half/second half only table floating on reddit a few days ago which clearly showed this. There are other factors of course, but the point still stands.

ReddBalls

He rarely if ever does, that's why our second half performances are, usually, worst than first half over the course of the whole season. There was a first half/second half only table floating on reddit a few days ago which clearly showed this. There are other factors of course, but the point still stands.
United played 90 mins on Thursday. Everton has rested for a week.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I've looked at Everton this season and thought they had a pretty good squad but then I looked at them again today and the team they put out was nowhere near as good as ours. Coleman is/was a very good player but his replacement today Sidibe is terrible, Michael Keane left us for a reason, Holgate is still very young to be a CB and Baines is 35.

Tom Davies although he played OK today is generally crap, Walcott left his best days behind years ago, Gomes I've never rated, Sigurdson I do like as a player but he does blow hot and cold with the only 2 (playing today) I rate were Richarlison and CL so personally I don't think they're a far better side than people give credit for and if they're going to be one of our main contenders for top 4 next season then we've got problems.
If Ancelotti stays on for another season and is given a healthy transfer budget to make further improvements to an already decent squad (we'll just have to disagree here mate) then I see no reason why they couldn't challenge for a CL place next season.

It's not like they're a million miles from Us, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal or Wolves right now.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
If Ancelotti stays on for another season and is given a healthy transfer budget to make further improvements to an already decent squad (we'll just have to disagree here mate) then I see no reason why they couldn't challenge for a CL place next season.

It's not like they're a million miles from Us, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal or Wolves right now.
Ancelotti's league record is a pretty poor for the sides he has managed. A regular underachiever.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United

Everton for me is a really strange case. As I said before I've rated their squad all season but looking at them today I couldn't work out why. Maybe if Coleman had of stayed on, Digne, Mina and Bernard had of started I would of seen things differently. Can't even blame it on the drink today being a dry Sunday. Maybe I should see a doctor.

Be fun to see though if Ancelotti does get a good transfer kitty how it works out. If Ole does get another season then we can finally put to bed this argument to see if he's good enough or not when placed on a level playground with all the other teams you've mentioned. Or maybe not so level with the money we could/should be investing. Personally I want Poch at the end of the season but there is a sadistic side to me that wants to prove myself right that Ole isn't good enough for the job and if I'm wrong, then even better.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Since the end of January and the mid season break I think we've been excellent. I think we're seeing what we can do when not exhausted and relying on the like of Pereira and Lingard every week. Top 4 is very much on, as is the Europa league. FA Cup is not a priority. Hopefully we rest plenty of players on Thursday and OT is rocking for City on Sunday.

Teja

This - it's a weakness with Ole, as soon as his plan A / starting tactics stop working he's stuck like a deer in headlights.

We did a good job creating overloads on the left flank with Martial, Fred and Bruno all switching wide.

Ancelotti adjusted to that and we should've switched out of that 442 with Bruno as false 9 to our standard traditional 4231 quicker. We could've also done a better job against their press, the midfield went to shit in the second half.

I'll also blame the ref because he wasn't calling a lot of fouls that otherwise would've been called along with his insane yellow cards.

Crashoutcassius

I mean, we still haven't conceded without it being some freaky de gea mistake in a good while. We are defensively strong but hopefully can improve going forward with players coming back

mu4c_20le

Considering these are the sort of games we were struggling in over the last 12 months, we are putting away the weaker sides with the minimum of effort.

This is progress.
With Lingard, Mata, Pereira, and an overweight striker from China no less